Texas Rangers 2020

TeddyBearStallion

6 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

If we deal Gallo away we're pretty much in full on rebuild mode right?

JD has no plan at all. And hasn't for a long time. He went all in for 2016 and we failed miserably in the playoffs and it has been pure shit since. He's the king of trading away talent and getting zero in return.

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

JD has no plan at all. And hasn't for a long time. He went all in for 2016 and we failed miserably in the playoffs and it has been pure shit since. He's the king of trading away talent and getting zero in return.

And mix in a decade-plus of absolutely horrific drafting and you get this shit sandwich. The thing is I'm not sure ownership gives a rip about the on-field product. I hate this club.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-trade-deadline-predictions

The Rays will trade for Joey Gallo

Tampa Bay owns the best record in the American League, and given the Yankees’ injury woes, the Rays have an opportunity to seize control of the AL East. Gallo’s first-year arbitration salary was $4.4 million, and with two more years of club control, he could hit in the middle of Tampa Bay’s lineup next year -- and then be a potential trade chip before 2022. The Rays may have to part with top pitching prospect Shane Baz as part of a package, but if GM Erik Neander believes Gallo can help propel them to a championship, it would be worth it. -- Mark Feinsand

The Blue Jays will trade for Lance Lynn
Look, the Blue Jays have an opportunity they haven’t had in years, and they look primed to take advantage of it. They’re the clear favorites in the “AL Middle,” and it won’t take much for them to stay ahead of the Orioles, Tigers, Royals and Mariners. (Or whatever is left of the Angels and Red Sox.) They could clearly pass the White Sox for the No. 7 spot, and hey, if all the Yankees keep getting hurt, who’s to say they couldn’t get even higher? They need another starting pitcher, and you couldn’t do better than Lynn, one of the 10 best in baseball right now. Plus, you get him for next year, and for a bargain rate at that.

You’ve got to talk the Rangers into the deal, but there are prospects here who could get it done, if Texas makes the plunge. The Blue Jays have been waiting for the right time for their young talent to coalesce and make a run. They can nail down a playoff spot right now and force a higher seed to face Hyun Jin Ryu and Lynn 1-2 in a three-game series, which is scary. Get aggressive, Jays. Buffalo demands it! -- Will Leitch

The Padres will trade for Lance Lynn
Like Will, I also think Lynn will be traded, but I’m predicting he’ll go to San Diego. If there was ever a year to “go for it,” it’s this one, and the Padres are well-stocked to make a run at a World Series berth, even if they were to stand pat. But imagine what they could do with one more starter. Lynn is a perfect fit -- a veteran workhorse who is signed through next year, and his payout in ’21 is a very affordable $8 million. He’s among the most durable pitchers in baseball -- he hasn’t logged fewer than 150 innings since his rookie season in 2011. Imagine how strong he’d be in late October, without having put in a full six-month load of innings. Do it, Padres! -- Alyson Footer

35 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

I saw on the MLB Network crawl the other day that Minor had the 3rd highest hard hit ball % in baseball, something like 40%.

No reason to hold on to him last season. I assume he could have commanded a decent haul, between his numbers last year and being left handed and being under contract for this year and being inexpensive. 

I don't really like the idea paying extra cash for a meh... at best 30 year old pitcher who is also massivley overpaid and on the books for two more years. There's really no upside. I would rather keep the younger Odor and hope for a miracle, or find another sucker.

1 minute ago, DougO said:

I don't really like the idea paying extra cash for a meh... at best 30 year old pitcher who is also massivley overpaid and on the books for two more years. There's really no upside. I would rather keep the younger Odor and hope for a miracle, or find another sucker.

We wouldn't really be paying for the pitcher so much as paying to get rid of Odor.  

2 hours ago, jeevsie said:

In a year of expanded playoffs...

So... you're dying to see this team lose in the playoffs? 

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

So, sitting at 12-21 with 27 left and about to go nuclear on the roster, what's y'alls over/under on wins for the remainder of the season?  

I'm thinking 5.5  

That seems low. It's not like we're playing well pre roster-blowup. There's a chance we play better somehow. 

Without looking at the schedule I'll say we bring it home at about the same pace and give an O/U of 10.