Halo Infinite

hornfan785

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the gameplay. The progression system and battle pass sucks. It doesn't bother me too much, but it is a little disappointing to win a game or get an overkill or something and then get the same amount of xp as the players on the losing team.

I guess they're calling this an open beta, but progress will carry over to the "official" release. Hopefully when that time comes they add SWAT and infection and other classic game modes.

1 hour ago, hornfan785 said:

I love the gameplay. The progression system and battle pass sucks. It doesn't bother me too much, but it is a little disappointing to win a game or get an overkill or something and then get the same amount of xp as the players on the losing team.

I guess they're calling this an open beta, but progress will carry over to the "official" release. Hopefully when that time comes they add SWAT and infection and other classic game modes.

What do you get from the progression system and battle pass?

10 hours ago, hornfan785 said:

They did announce changes and "more to come" for progression today

• 3 weeks later...

The progression change definitely helps, in my opinion. Makes me feel like I'm progressing quicker through the battle pass. I do wish there was xp based on how well you do in a match instead of just if you compete a challenge or not.

I know the Halo subreddit is all pissed off about cosmetic items being kept behind a paywall, and I do agree that most of the items are way overpriced, but at the end of the day I enjoy Halo because of the gameplay, and this game feels great! My only complaint about the gameplay is that melee feels pretty wonky.

Looking forward to playing the campaign tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

They should give the winning team more XP for winning the objective.  I have played with many that don’t try to grab the ball for our team or quit when they aren’t in a Slayer game or they are just trying to complete challenges.  I like to play the objective games and if my team wins we should get something extra for that win.

Also, they need separate playlists for slayer and objective games, but it has been really fun to play.

I setup my Xbox One last night (old one from years ago), installed Halo Infinite and took it for a spin. Using a controller to play an FPS game feels so foreign and impossible now. I have been playing PC games primarily since I quit Destiny a long time ago, and I just can't get back into using a controller for FPSs.  It was so hard to get headshots lined up, I can't see myself doing it again.  I have no clue how I used to play Halo, COD, Battlefield, etc back in the day using 2 sticks to aim. 

RPGs, platformers, puzzle games, Mario games, sure, those work great on a couch with friends using controllers. I also hooked up Rock Band 4, and got that working again. Good times jamming out to that :D

• 10 months later...

Ffd_IGtXgAEWys-?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://hard-drive.net/update-all-those-guys-who-kicked-your-ass-in-halo-2-actually-were-gay-and-theyre-doing-great/

WASHINGTON — A new report from the Biden administration has revealed that every player who was better than you at Halo 2 was indeed gay, and in fact, is doing better than you in their careers and personal lives.

“BXRing my way into two Killtaculars against their squad on Midship gave me a level of confidence I carried with me through my education, career, and social life,” said MAJOR CHAOS 007 about you as he lowered a bag of chamomile, letting it steep into the hot water in his mug. “I’m now a cardiologist and my husband and I just bought a house in Maine. We’ll be moving in with the kids and our bernedoodle Spartan before the end of autumn, which is lovely because we’ll get to see the leaves change.”

“Not to mention, I’ve been toying around with Halo Infinite recently,” he added, “and I’m still really sick at it! Thanks, muscle memory.”

At press time, your mother said that you still call her to ask how long your leftover macaroni and cheese needs to go in the microwave for.

Hits kind of close to home.  I can remember the 12 year-olds playing, which would make them almost 30 now.

• 5 weeks later...