2020 MLB thread

ss13

It counts tonight, boys. We will see some crazy shit this season. Starts with these two... 

NYY at Wash, Cole v. Scherzer, 6:00 Central, ESPN (O/U is 7.5, kinda surprised by this) 

SFG at LAD, Cueto v. Kershaw, 9:00, ESPN 

• Hook 'Em 3

All 30-man rosters have to be finalized by 11 am Central. We’re already seeing some names that will strictly be around to run for a couple weeks; Terrance Gore for Dodgers, Emilio Bonifacio (out of MLB since ‘17) for Nats, Leody Taveras for Rangers. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, ss13 said:

All 30-man rosters have to be finalized by 11 am Central. We’re already seeing some names that will strictly be around to run for a couple weeks; Terrance Gore for Dodgers, Emilio Bonifacio (out of MLB since ‘17) for Nats, Leody Taveras for Rangers. 

With this new “runner on 2nd” extra innings rule, could make a real difference having a burner out there.

52 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Hopefully just one of those residual readings from an infection that was no longer contagious, or just a false negative positive. 

He had a false negative from a saliva test done last Sunday.  That came back Tuesday and he got a swab test then.  It's my understanding that false positives on the swab tests are very rare.

I don't like watching baseball but I am very happy for the MLB to return.  Hopefully they can manage any outbreaks well and the other popular team sports leagues can learn lessons from this and the NBA plan next week.

• Hook 'Em 1