2020 MLB thread

ss13

45 minutes ago, WBT said:

Shoe is on the other foot

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
3 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:
Marcus Stroman opts out for the rest of the season--after earning enough service time to qualify for free agency.

LolMets...

It appears he hasn’t thrown a pitch this season due to a calf injury, is that correct?  But got to count his 1/4 season on the injured list?  Well played. Think the Mets will re-sign him?

It appears he hasn’t thrown a pitch this season due to a calf injury, is that correct?  But got to count his 1/4 season on the injured list?  Well played. Think the Mets will re-sign him?

His time on the IL counts.

https://www.mlb.com/news/marcus-stroman-elects-not-to-play-in-2020

As to what the Mets will do, I doubt anyone can accurately predict.

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

His time on the IL counts.

https://www.mlb.com/news/marcus-stroman-elects-not-to-play-in-2020

As to what the Mets will do, I doubt anyone can accurately predict.

Pretty sure they can do fuck-all and it won't matter.  If the clubs can manipulate service time,  then more power to Stroman.

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I think the question was about will they try to re-sign him. I am not sure but they could do the qualifying offer thing, right?

They'll give him a QO, but he'll go to the highest bidder, which won't be the Mets unless the Wilpons sell.

i really wish they could acquire some more pitching to pair with that young lineup they have. Biggio, Bichette, Vladdy, et al. deserve to play postseason ball, but they need a helluva lot more than a 33 year old Ryu to do that. still a damn fun team to watch. also, Teoscar Hernandez hits bombs, and their new baby blue jerseys are the best in the game. really fun team to root for and watch. 

• Like 1

Zach Plesac....lemme make a video explaining how Clevinger and me are not idiots and didn't put people's lives at risk.  Hmmm where should I make this video?  I got it let me make it while driving a motor vehicle and putting even more people's life at risk!  

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29655827/indians-zach-plesac-says-mike-clevinger-unfairly-cast-bad-people-covid-violation

Edited by Scraps
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 5:20 PM, WBT said:

And they'd be 5 games behind a team that had played 0 games.  Standings relative to .500, how do they work?

MLB.com shows STL playing a DH in Detroit tomorrow.  Is that actually going to happen or nah?

On 8/12/2020 at 5:52 PM, Helobious said:

No they just made it up on the schedule for fun. 

The answer is no they did not play.  Delayed yet again to a DH on Sat.  Place your bets now.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:22 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

3 in 6 for Mookie so far. 

Of course no one is “worth” $365 mil, but I feel better about that deal than Harper or Machado’s deal by a long shot.  He looks like he’s going to give us a good 10 years of high level performance.  Which the Dodgers only hoped for when they signed it.  They knew there were dead years on the back end.  But just hopefully not a lot.  And I think we get a lot of good years out of that deal.