2020 MLB thread

ss13

47 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

spacer.png

(I feel dirty agreeing with Helobious).

Wait, you agree with him that the Astros being .500 through 48 games has more to do with not stealing signs than it has to do with not having Verlander (CY winner), Cole (CY runner-up), Alvarez (ROY), Osuna (best reliever) for the entire year and Bregman (MVP runner-up) for about a third of the season? I didn't even think Helo was serious. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

13 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Wait, you agree with him that the Astros being .500 through 48 games has more to do with not stealing signs than it has to do with not having Verlander (CY winner), Cole (CY runner-up), Alvarez (ROY), Osuna (best reliever) for the entire year and Bregman (MVP runner-up) for about a third of the season? I didn't even think Helo was serious. 

spacer.png

That’s such bullshit, he talks more shit about his boys than anyone. 

Some around here just can’t look past their Helo hate. 

On 8/26/2020 at 10:04 PM, Helobious said:

That’s cute that some teams are boycotting their games. The Yankees had TWO games today, and didn’t show up for either of them. That’s commitment to a cause.

On 8/29/2020 at 1:23 AM, Helobious said:

For some perspective, that’s the equivalent of a 19 game losing streak in a regular season. This team is more fucking broken than the country right now. Walk off loss in the 7th inning in their home fucking ballpark. If that doesn’t speak to what a clusterfuck of a season this has been idk what does. Yankee universe twitter saying Judge & Gleyber are likely out for the year, Gianpussy Stantbitch already confirmed to be out for the season. They should go find some middle school football coaches to be their new S&C staff. It would be a serious upgrade and that isn’t a joke. 

On 8/29/2020 at 8:08 PM, Helobious said:

Walk off wild pitch from Betances gives the Yankees the W. It’s the Yankees first time winning a game since 2014.

On 8/31/2020 at 8:59 PM, Helobious said:

I’m so goddamn motherfucking sick of losing to the fucking Rays. Fucking bullshit. Fucking AARP fanbase in a circus tent stadium. They shouldn’t even have a fucking MLB team. Goddamnit.

• Hook 'Em 2

TonyTexas can eat my cock. I’ve always been in here no matter what struggle or success the Yankees are going through, going back to the shaggybevo days when fucking Jayson Nix & Chris Stewart were everyday players for NY. I’m not like the lifelong-since-2015 Astro fans.

And I’m still trying to get “Gianpussy Stantbitch” to catch on the Yankee boards.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Helobious said:

TonyTexas can eat my cock. I’ve always been in here no matter what struggle or success the Yankees are going through, going back to the shaggybevo days when fucking Jayson Nix & Chris Stewart were everyday players for NY. I’m not like the lifelong-since-2015 Astro fans.

And I’m still trying to get “Gianpussy Stantbitch” to catch on the Yankee boards.

As a Red Sox fan I will back him up on this. Look we suck this year, but I still follow the team, just don't post that much. It is not fucking fun..... 

Helo and me do not agree for sure, but I will say he is a real fan of the beardless bitches who were are the first team to go from 3-0 to losing a series. 

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

As a Red Sox fan I will back him up on this. Look we suck this year, but I still follow the team, just don't post that much. It is not fucking fun..... 

Helo and me do not agree for sure, but I will say he is a real fan of the beardless bitches who were are the first team to go from 3-0 to losing a series. 

They were also the last team to go from 3-0 to losing a series. 

And agree. Helo is a legit fan.  He has no proper reason to be a legit Yankee fan, but he is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

You guys are going to get absolutely steamrolled this weekend, Yankees bats are catching on fire. But hey, 2004! 

modern MLB baseball: Blake Snell is cruising against the O's, hardly breaking a sweat. through 5 IP he's given up 2 H, 0 BB, 0 ER, 4 K. He has a 1-0 lead. Snell walks the lead off hitter to start the 6th inning and Kevin Cash decides that he's done after 71 pitches. Diego Castillo comes in and promptly gives up two hard hit balls and a walk and blows the lead. well done Kevin Cash. well done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

modern MLB baseball: Blake Snell is cruising against the O's, hardly breaking a sweat. through 5 IP he's given up 2 H, 0 BB, 0 ER, 4 K. He has a 1-0 lead. Snell walks the lead off hitter to start the 6th inning and Kevin Cash decides that he's done after 71 pitches. Diego Castillo comes in and promptly gives up two hard hit balls and a walk and blows the lead. well done Kevin Cash. well done. 

And Cash is generally considered one of the best managers, no?

37 minutes ago, huge said:

And Cash is generally considered one of the best managers, no?

yeah, he is. that's one of the reasons it grinds my gears. his reasoning for making the switch was because the next two hitters had been hitting well against lefties...even though Snell had made light work of them already that day. whatever happened to just seeing that your guy is "on" today and leaving him in the game until he loses control of it? well, it's the third time through the order, and these next two guys are both hitting .360 off of lefties this year, so the book says to bring in a rightie, even though your eyes can tell you that Snell has been ahead in the count and pitching to weak contact all day. why even hire a baseball guy to be your manager if that's how it is now? just do whatever the book says; just blindly follow the analytics, regardless of the specific circumstances in front of you. just go by the book. god i hate it. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

that's perfect. let's get the Yankees hype train running at full steam heading into the postseason, just so they can lose to the Indians a round or two shy of the WS.

"Ft Worth is Exploding" thread in Food & Travel needs an update.   I follow your recs when I'm in town.   🙂 

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

that's perfect. let's get the Yankees hype train running at full steam heading into the postseason, just so they can lose to the Indians a round or two shy of the WS.

9 in a row. And lol at the Yankees ever losing to Cleveland again in the playoffs. Cle got those cheeks clapped in 2017 after being up 2-0. They aren’t a scary team in the slightest. They’re the next Twins in terms of being the Yankees’ gimp. The A’s & Rays are the biggest hurdles for NY this year. 

Kershaw has had 300+ starts, not sure how many exactly, but he has had 180 starts of giving up 1 run or less.  Yes, he has had issues in the playoffs.  But the dude is a first ballot HOFer without question.  The best lefty since Koufax.  He has a 2.15 ERA and won’t win but is in the conversation about CyYoung.  And that’s pretty awesome that he is still bringing it this late in his career.  Oh, and he’s a Texan.

Edited by Sbbruin