2020 MLB thread

ss13

Cards series vs the Cubs cancelled due to another positive test for a Cards player. Will be interesting to see how the league squares up the records. Cards will have played 5 games through this weekend, other teams will have played 17. 

Marlins need to send the rest of the team out to the clubs and see if they can miss another week or so. That .875 winning percentage and no minimum games played to get in the playoffs rule could have them sitting pretty. Such a strange year. Teams with 15 games played and teams with 5 at this point.

Friend of mine in Lincoln who owns a memorabilia shop went to Joba Chamberlain's home foreclosure sale. Apparently Joba bailed on the house with everything still inside and the bank took it over and changed the locks, so they're auctioning his shit off today:

84faed201c4180ad770ba73c862fbca1.jpg

https://journalstar.com/news/local/joba-chamberlains-belongings-baseball-history-to-be-auctioned-saturday/article_459e1349-95a8-5b14-a481-e6ada6384e9e.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Friend of mine in Lincoln who owns a memorabilia shop went to Joba Chamberlain's home foreclosure sale. Apparently Joba bailed on the house with everything still inside and the bank took it over and changed the locks, so they're auctioning his shit off today:

84faed201c4180ad770ba73c862fbca1.jpg

https://journalstar.com/news/local/joba-chamberlains-belongings-baseball-history-to-be-auctioned-saturday/article_459e1349-95a8-5b14-a481-e6ada6384e9e.html

Tell him I'd pay $5 for a cup full of dead midges

• Like 2

Plesac last month. 

"Definitely any time you can maintain social distancing is going to be what we have to focus on,'' Plesac said July 3. "There are common sense situations, where you see things are packed or going out to the bars and drinking, doing stuff like that isn't stuff that's really important to us right now and shouldn't be important to us right now.

"We're given this privilege to be able to come back and play and given this short window to even play. It's a good time now just to really buckle down and focus on what's important and work toward something greater at the end of the season and, for these couple months, lock in and focus on what we have set for us at the end of the year.''

Stanton is done for the season with a hamstring injury. He made it to 3 homers, or 30% of my original season-long prediction of 10. Fucking 3. He really is my least-favorite yankee ever at this point, he’s far surpassed Jayson Nix. What a useless fucking pussy. I’m so goddamn pissed. Cashman got 4D fucked by Jeter on that trade. Unbelievable.

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Stanton is done for the season with a hamstring injury. He made it to 3 homers, or 30% of my original season-long prediction of 10. Fucking 3. He really is my least-favorite yankee ever at this point, he’s far surpassed Jayson Nix. What a useless fucking pussy. I’m so goddamn pissed. Cashman got 4D fucked by Jeter on that trade. Unbelievable.

im glad the rangers held on to holland and profar.