Former OU Head Coach John Blake has died

texifornia

From what I understand, his downfall after OU was an agent got his hooks into him because Blake was buried in some house in Norman.  This was before coaches made the type of money they make now and he built some massive house right before getting fired.  (Some financial advice here.  Don't do that if you're in the third year of a failing job.)

After getting fired, he had money problems and the agent bailed him out and in return over the years, Blake had to steer players to said agent.  He finally got caught when he was at North Carolina and he called a few Bama players going into the draft on behalf of the agent.  Saban thought that was very shady and turned him in.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:09 PM, C-Man said:

Wasn’t he the “source” for the Aikman-is-gay talk? Or was that Les Miles? Blake was a fantastic recruiter and awful at everything else that goes along with being a head corch.

Bayless was the idiot with the gay rumors, Blake's dumb ass called Aikman a racist for yelling at black offensive lineman, I think 4 of the 5 were black guys. Blake ripped the Cowboys apart as much as Switzer, fuck both of em. Oh and RIP

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 5:59 PM, Nicole44 said:

Said before 59 is young. My dad died at 62–massive heart attack in his sleep. It’s weird reading the article about Blake bc they were saying he had lost weight (or trying to lose more?) and was out walking when it happened. Makes me wonder if he’d seen a doctor or was being told to lose  weight by a doctor. Obviously it’s not my business. It’s just a lot of people around his age are being told to get out and exercise and it appears from the articles I have read he was doing exactly that when he died. 

My dad died at 60. Died while running. 

RIP Blake. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Pot and kettles and irony and shit.

I'm shocked that this sentence didn't stop anyone else in their tracks like it did me for 11 hours.

Maybe nobody read this thread.

Saban thinking someone was shady... God damn.... 

I didn’t read it.  That was posted tongue in cheek but it’s exactly what I was about to comment on. What a sorry bastard.   

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 1:17 PM, Orange&White said:

Are we going to mourn when Switzer is finally dead?

No, but as far as I know John Blake wasn't pure evil condensed into human form by powerful demons bent on the destruction of all that is right in the world.  So it'll be different.