Sean Hannity

Pods

9 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Cohen a source no need to disclose relationship. Cohen happens to be your attorney. You must disclose. You can still have opinions on Cohen, Trump and everything else after disclosure.

It sort of depends on your definition of "his attorney".  If a guy who never sent you a bill and that you never paid and has never represented you in any civil or criminal proceeding is considered "your lawyer" then maybe so.  But only maybe, I am not sure it is relevant for a talking head radio show guy.  Can no one in journalism not have sources that they are friendly with?

People ask the lawyers on here to answer legal questions all of the time.  Does that make them "your lawyer"?

2 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

It sort of depends on your definition of "his attorney".  If a guy who never sent you a bill and that you never paid and has never represented you in any civil or criminal proceeding is considered "your lawyer" then maybe so.  But only maybe, I am not sure it is relevant for a talking head radio show guy.  Can no one in journalism not have sources that they are friendly with?

People ask the lawyers on here to answer legal questions all of the time.  Does that make them "your lawyer"?

Cohen thought it was enough.  So much so, he made that representation to a Federal judge.

10 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

I would say it depends.  There have been plenty of people that have railed against the raid.  You are purely speculating that Hannity had anything personal tied up in the raid.  If we take Hannity at his word that he and cohen had a few calls over the years about real estate stuff and there were never any bills or payments or anything else then how would Hannity be "tied" up in the raid other than his name was on Cohen's client list?

Do you agree that Hannity railing on the radio had exactly zero impact on any of the legal proceedings?  What do you think the reaction would have been on this board and the general media if Hannity had said something like "I have known Cohen for years and have used him as an attorney a few times"?  The reaction would be exactly like it is today.  

Like I said, IF Hannity is hiding something nefarious then he deserves scorn and ridicule and it would be the height of hypocrisy.  I think hypocrisy is about the worst trait a person can have.  I loathe it.  Hannity does not have any bearing on my life in any way as I do not listen or watch him.  If he is a hypocrite then fry his ass.  I do not see it here.

Disclosing it would have been the right thing to do.  Who gives a fuck about the reaction?  There's a right and a wrong here.  Hannity did it wrong.  No reputable  journalist or editor, or publisher would say otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

If Cohen's attorneys feel that it's a significant enough relationship to reveal to the judge under duress, it's a significant enough relationship that Hannity should have disclosed it. 

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Disclosing it would have been the right thing to do.  Who gives a fuck about the reaction?  There's a right and a wrong here.  Hannity did it wrong.  No reputable  journalist or editor, or publisher would say otherwise. 

sheeeeeeeit's head would have popped off if this story were identical except for "Rachel Maddow".

18 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

I would say it depends.  There have been plenty of people that have railed against the raid.  You are purely speculating that Hannity had anything personal tied up in the raid.  If we take Hannity at his word that he and cohen had a few calls over the years about real estate stuff and there were never any bills or payments or anything else then how would Hannity be "tied" up in the raid other than his name was on Cohen's client list?

Do you agree that Hannity railing on the radio had exactly zero impact on any of the legal proceedings?  What do you think the reaction would have been on this board and the general media if Hannity had said something like "I have known Cohen for years and have used him as an attorney a few times"?  The reaction would be exactly like it is today.  

Like I said, IF Hannity is hiding something nefarious then he deserves scorn and ridicule and it would be the height of hypocrisy.  I think hypocrisy is about the worst trait a person can have.  I loathe it.  Hannity does not have any bearing on my life in any way as I do not listen or watch him.  If he is a hypocrite then fry his ass.  I do not see it here.

username certainly checks out...

19 hours ago, bolverk said:

So glad that I cut the cord.

Is Hannity going to have to get some attorneys to talk to his attorney?

I'm envisioning a society in which everybody is an attorney.  We compete against each other in courts of law. Winners move up in the rankings until, every year, there's a Super Bowl of litigation held and an "Attorney Emeritus'  title awarded.  One lawyer to rule them all. But only until the next Super Bowl. 

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

19 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

This post concerns me. 

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hey, y'all ever noticed that Sheeit 1) has great concern, about a great many things, 2) says he has real-deal principles, thinks hypocrisy and such stuff is really bad, and he has no love for Trump or any Trumpkin, yet 3) not once has he actually concluded that Trump or any of the band of Trumpkins has ever done anything even remotely wrong?

Yeah.  That's kinda funny.

Pathetic-funny, but funny.

If a "reporter" is covering a story that intimately involves THAT REPORTER'S OWN ATTORNEY, a relationship that is deemed, as a matter of law, a "special relationship," and doesn't reveal that relationship, then yes, that reporter is a bonafide piece of shit with zero candor, transparency, objectivity, or credibility.  Again, see the Texas Tribune, which openly discloses EVERY time one of its stories even touches on an entity that is a sponsor of the Tribune.  Shit, CNN discloses the ownership relationship every time it has a story on Time Warner.

The open minded one is back.  I have ripped on Trump many times.  I ripped him for firing Tillerson.  I have called him juvenile and egotistical 100 times.  I have said I hate his tweets.  I have said the "wall" is stupid.  I think he is a person without morals.  He is likely hypocritical.  All I have ever done that you guys claim makes me a trumpkin is that I do not think he collaborated with russia in the election.  

And, he was elected.  In our country, it is not an impeachable offense to be immoral and childish.  It is not an impeachable offense to exaggerate  about the size of crowds or how many times he was on Time magazine cover.

If he colluded with Russia.  Impeach him.  If he obstructed justice.  Impeach him.  If he laundered money.  Impeach him.  If not, then vote him out swiftly when his term is up.  But for darn sure do not run a Hillary type again or he will win again.  I think Bloomberg would be great but maybe too old.

• Fuck You 3

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cohen thought it was enough.  So much so, he made that representation to a Federal judge.

Good for Cohen.  I thought we were talking about Hannity here.  If it turns out that Hannity was using Cohen as an actual lawyer where he was paid and there was an actual thing involved, then I would agree that Hannity is a total liar and hypocrite.

• Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Well that means you believe Hannity. The court and Cohen's attorney thought there was an attorney client relationship of some sort between the two. So I will go with the court and attorneys trying to fight from the name coming out. Remember no money has to change hands for a attorney client relationship to be established. The attorney has to establish it has and that is it.

Edited by DanTheHorn

22 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Good for Cohen.  I thought we were talking about Hannity here.  If it turns out that Hannity was using Cohen as an actual lawyer where he was paid and there was an actual thing involved, then I would agree that Hannity is a total liar and hypocrite.

We already know he's a hypocrite. The question re: whether he is a liar remains, though. 

Just wanted to check in and reaffirm that I am enjoying this immensely.

“Now understand,” Hannity continued, “Cohen was never part of the Trump administration, or the Trump campaign. This is now officially an all-hands-on-deck effort to totally malign and, if possible, impeach the president of the United States. Mueller and Rosenstein have declared a legal war on the president, and a source close to the president is telling Fox News tonight that Mueller’s investigation is way out of control.”

evil-o.gif

Mueller and Rosenstein have declared a legal war on the president, and a source close to the president is telling Fox News tonight that Mueller’s investigation is way out of control.”

So Hannity was reporting himself as a source then. And telling his own show/network that Mueller's investigation is out of control. LOL what a clown.

Edited by TornACL

Wow.

It turns out that yesterday, when Sean Hannity was interviewing Joe diGenova about criticism that Hannity had been interviewing his lawyer (Cohen) without disclosing it, Hannity was at that very moment interviewing another one of his lawyers (Joe diGenova) without disclosing it. 

xzibit-large.png

Edited by Pods

22 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

That concept completely depends on what the congress thinks about it.

I already told you, even if the House flips, it doesn't matter.

House will impeach.

No matter what the evidence reveals, the Senate will acquit.  They will say that there are "many troubling things," but they'll acquit.  Because the GOP has chosen its side.  And it's not the side of the Rule of Law or the United States of America.  The Vichy French had more honor and patriotism than these sacks of shit.

mitch-mcconnell.jpg 

House will impeach.

No matter what the evidence reveals, the Senate will acquit. 

But that's a good thing.  It's not the best thing, but it's a brighter light, and that matters.  What will matter more is whether or not any voter momentum will be maintained into 2020.

Edited by jimmyjazz

Just now, Pods said:

That is the worst Lizard People Human Suit I've ever seen. He's going to give them away at this rate. 

Doesn't matter if he does.  Enough of this country would choose loyalty to lizard people overlords over protecting humanity.  Because hurr durr, libtears!

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

House will impeach.

No matter what the evidence reveals, the Senate will acquit.  They will say that there are "many troubling things," but they'll acquit.  Because the GOP has chosen its side.  And it's not the side of the Rule of Law or the United States of America.  The Vichy French had more honor and patriotism than these sacks of shit.

mitch-mcconnell.jpg 

Oh I’m not at all arguing that. I’ve no expectations for any hypothetical Senate trial, and I would blame the Democrats because they very likely will have a majority by next year but enough of them are terrified of being voted out in their next elections that they’ll refuse to vote for conviction. Anyways, I was just disputing the spurious notion that the President has to commit a crime to be impeached.

Edited by hpslugga

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I'm envisioning a society in which everybody is an attorney.  We compete against each other in courts of law. Winners move up in the rankings until, every year, there's a Super Bowl of litigation held and an "Attorney Emeritus'  title awarded.  One lawyer to rule them all. But only until the next Super Bowl. 

photo_2wtmk.jpg

Flipped over to check him out for a minute tonight. He definitely seems emboldened. I don’t think he would be going hard if there was anything like his own Stormy Daniels buried in the Cohen files.

I think more likely it’s just a bunch of awkward emails regarding Trump.

Then again I was in training all day and haven’t kept up with today’s news cycle or this thread.

7 hours ago, hpslugga said:

That concept completely depends on what the congress thinks about it.

You guys can really be a beating sometimes.  I am saying that I would fully support him being impeached if any of that stuff is proven.

4 hours ago, sheeeit said:

You guys can really be a beating sometimes.  I am saying that I would fully support him being impeached if any of that stuff is proven.

You just don’t get it. Nothing needs to be “proven.” That’s the point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hpslugga said:

You just don’t get it. Nothing needs to be “proven.” That’s the point.

I get it just fine.   Apparently you do not get it.   I am simply giving my personal opinion on what types of things I would be in favor of impeachment for.  I realize that my opinion has no bearing on actual impeachment proceedings.  I think a few of think yours does.

18 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

We'd have to have it every 4 years.  Litigation takes time, and money.  Plus the courts are clogged up with weed peddlers and DUI's.  

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

What a shame that The Daily Show has Trevor Noah hosting during the Trump presidency.  I'm sure he's a great guy, but he's terribly unfunny in this gig. 

Couldn't agree more. 

Stewart would have been a glorious watch. 

16 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Couldn't agree more. 

Stewart would have been a glorious watch. 

Yep. They probably would have had to expand the show a half-hour if Stewart was still hosting, because he’d be coming up with that much material. Or rather, Trump would be giving him that much material. 

Ok, so let's just say that Hannity is telling the truth, and he just had a few small conversations about real estate.  Then it seems to me that there would have been no paper trail to show there was any connection between Cohen and Hannity along the lines of legal work, or even discussion.   And maybe that is true.   What I can see however is him discussing Russia and other things with Cohen in a way that shows collusion or conspiracy to commit treason (for the greater good of the country, of course). 

Or maybe he was talking about some shady real estate dealings he was involved in with the Trump team.  That might be why it's part of the NY investigation.

Now if Cohen recorded those conversations, then he has on tape Hannity being involved in this, possibly to the point of being a sector chief on how Fox approaches all of this. 

Cohen then makes Hannity his third client to invoke privilege on the recordings? 

Thing that is so odd is that if it really is how Hannity says, something very informal and in passing, then how would any investigators have found out much if anything about the Cohen-Hannity connection.  If it was all verbal, and all so innocent, then why even say he was a client? 

13 hours ago, Theo Huxtable said:

If hannity slit his wrists tonight in a bathtub, would anyone feel sad? Would even his own kids mourn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only people who would mourn would be all the assholes who would have been banished to the island with him and been forced to live off his fat to survive.