2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

27 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

do we resign him for 2021 ?

Yes, if he will do a 1 year deal. I think we’ll have to start somewhat of a rebuild after that. I think that’s why Springer hasn’t gotten a deal. They are hoping he’ll have to sign a short deal,, waiting for the market to improve. Same for Yuli except he wouldn’t  be getting a long term deal regardless. 

Edited by TonyTexas

39 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

altuve, bregman + correa, springer (if we can resign them) >>> that's a young core to keep winning

If a choice has to be made, I’d rather sign Correa to a long term deal than Springer. Also, it’s concerning that we don’t have a single pitcher of consequence signed or even arbitration eligible beyond next year. 

To correct part of my earlier post, Yuli has 2 years of arbitration remaining. Funny to have a 36 year old in that situation. 

Edited by TonyTexas

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

starting pitching is the huge concern.

yuli is only behind bagwell as best 1B in this franchise. damn shame he didn't come over when he was 18. he's potential HoF good 

Berkman's last 5 years for us he played more 1B than outfield.  Glenn Davis was better too, 7 years with 3 of them >4 WAR.

• Hook 'Em 1