2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

22 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:
I like these Little League games

Kind of feel like they should do this during the regular regular seasons. Saturday or Sunday afternoon 7 inning double headers. You can probably get games on TV in an afternoon. Saturday triple header on NBC followed by a Sunday triple header on ABC or ESPN.

Edited by elfenix

17 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Thought for sure that was going to say astros organization after not playing for 3 straight days....maybe that news doesnt come until next week.

A week before we play them again.

8 games in Oakland

I figured Manfred would reschedule the protest game in Oakland but we got there eventually

https://houston.sportsmap.com/examining-3-trades-scenarios-that-could-benefit-the-astros

The prices seem a little low but I’d make trade #1 and #3, today 
I didn't read that far, couldn't stop laughing at "once Osuna and Peacock rejoin Pressly..."

Anyone who thinks Osuna is coming back this season and pitching effectively is out of touch with reality.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The only trade we need to make for this season is for a set-up man in the bullpen. The outfield and DH are fine. Next year, we’ll probably need an outfielder but should address that in free agency. 
FA outfielders are pretty shitty unless we are signing Springer and Brantley....or paying a fuck ton for Castellanos.

The playoffs aren't even guaranteed to take place.  It's crazy to trade away anyone who has a shot at helping you down the road.

I haven't watched Cole pitch this year.  What's his problem?  Is it his control?  If he can throw 99 at the top and the bottom of the zone consistently then he's pretty much unhittable.  Surely the Yankees weren't stupid enough to mess with that.

Edited by kevwun