2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

38 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Gotta love the 7 seed being at 10 games over and 6 seed at .500

A’s are going to fuck up and take the #2 seed and get the 10 games over .500 WhiteSox/Twins/Indians instead of sitting tight at the 3 and getting us 

As of right now, the season is 35% complete in a normal year

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Gotta love the 7 seed being at 10 games over and 6 seed at .500

A’s are going to fuck up and take the #2 seed and get the 10 games over .500 WhiteSox/Twins/Indians instead of sitting tight at the 3 and getting us 

They should have let the 3 division winners choose their opponent among the 5 other teams. The 2 remaining teams, likely the best 2 left, play each other.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

As of right now, neither the Astros or the Yankees would have made it without expanded playoffs. 

what about the other 100 games that should have been played?

Not making excuses and not really arguing your point, other than to say the 60 game mini season was recognized as a small sample of play warranting the expansion of POs.

Let's see how they play out before we just poo-poo them all to hell.

17 minutes ago, WBT said:

Showrrea!!  Maybe the boys care about avoiding a losing record.

Altuve and Correa with homers today heading into the russian roulette 1st round...

Flying The X Files GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

I want to believe too... that the first 59 games have just been the entire team saying “aaaahhhh we were just fucking with you! We back”

also, part of me would be ok with a losing record..I know it won’t happen, but say they win it all. I can’t think of much that would be better after the last off-season (and 2020 in general)  than the first team with a losing record flying a World Series banner 

32 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I want to believe too... that the first 59 games have just been the entire team saying “aaaahhhh we were just fucking with you! We back”

also, part of me would be ok with a losing record..I know it won’t happen, but say they win it all. I can’t think of much that would be better after the last off-season (and 2020 in general)  than the first team with a losing record flying a World Series banner 

Hey baseball...

Flip Off GIF by memecandy