2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

I'm looking forward to it.

The football weekend was great. We had great MNF game and Stanley Cup Finals last night.

Baseball playoffs today.

WTF is wrong with you people?  Y'all wanna go back to April?

Edited by slorch

11 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

It probably makes sense but I wouldn't have minded moving on from Yuli. But yeah, I can't really think of a better option. Astros really need to build the farm system back up. 

Yordan ain’t playing 1B next year.  This is a good price for a solid performer.   

Now let’s get deals for Springer and Brantley done.  

10 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

It probably makes sense but I wouldn't have minded moving on from Yuli. But yeah, I can't really think of a better option. Astros really need to build the farm system back up. 

This is going to take a while. No trade chips except maybe Correa. Whom I want signed long term. Lack of high draft picks this year and next doesn’t help either. 

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Next need to DFA osuna. Unless you want to pay him to 10 million to maybe pitch in August and September next year. 
boy that trade sucked. It literally brought down the entire organization. 

A little hyperbolic don’t ya think? It was time for Giles to go. Paulino and Perez have barely gotten a sniff on the major league roster. 

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

A little hyperbolic don’t ya think? It was time for Giles to go. Paulino and Perez have barely gotten a sniff on the major league roster. 

I think he’s more referring to the fact that the Osuna trade was a PR challenge from the get-go, which Taubman exacerbated into a full-on war with the press resulting in the Drellich/Fiers bromance that brought on the sign-stealing feeding frenzy.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I think he’s more referring to the fact that the Osuna trade was a PR challenge from the get-go, which Taubman exacerbated into a full-on war with the press resulting in the Drellich/Fiers bromance that brought on the sign-stealing feeding frenzy.  

That’s a reasonable point. Perhaps you should ghost write Wulaw’s posts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

No. I mean it. It led to the nonsense after the ALCS, the war with the media, and is a big part of the reason that Mlb went out of their way to crush the Astros over 2017 instead of sweeping it under the rug like the yanks, Sox and Dodgers.  
None of that happens without the Osuna deal and the press with blood in the water. 

12 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

You said it better first. Didn’t see this. Exactly. 

19 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

8 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

That’s a reasonable point. Perhaps you should ghost write Wulaw’s posts. 

To be fair I didn’t think I’d need to explain that context on an astros thread. I figured everyone would get that shorthand. 

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Giles has been better since the trade than Osuna. I don't think it was the primary reason why many owners and their agent Manfred forced Luhnow out, but it was another example of Luhnow's blindspot for how the league operates.  I mean, Luhnow wanted to draft a convicted child rapist for God's sake.  The man had no scruples and failed to understand hat managing an MLB org is not like consulting at McKinsey - what you do here is in the public spotlight and you can't simply hide behind NDAs.  He was a brilliant GM but his own flaws as a human being ultimately brought him down.

Edited by HillaryFan420

My gut tells me this series is going to go the way of the 90s LDS’ vs Braves... good pitching, no hitting

except back then, the bats actually produced during the regular season 

edit: counterpoint: 
Maeda was struggling to hit spots that first inning. But gotta get to him before he settles in 

Edited by UTexasFight