2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

22 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I got tied up with work and didn't start watching until Altuve walked with the bases loaded and Brantley knocked in 2, then Valdez closed them out.. so you're welcome 

Ok this is getting weird and I 100% SWEAR its a true story.  I forgot about the early start and saw the 1-0 and 1-1 scores pop up on the phone. Turned the TV on and checked the channels I thought the game might be on but the other games were on. Did a search and apparently Uverse only had tbe game on ESPN deportes. 

I flip it over there and literally the first pitch I see is Correa going upper tank...

• Hook 'Em 1

So we don't play until Monday.  Urquidy and Javier would be on normal 4 day rest, Greinke and Framber would be on 5 days and LMJ on a week+.  So who starts when?  The next round is 5 games in 5 days though, so do we go back to a normal, 1 starter per game setup?  Having to rely on our normal relievers would make me nervous but we can't really burn all of our starters in the first 3 games.

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

So we don't play until Monday.  Urquidy and Javier would be on normal 4 day rest, Greinke and Framber would be on 5 days and LMJ on a week+.  So who starts when?  The next round is 5 games in 5 days though, so do we go back to a normal, 1 starter per game setup?  Having to rely on our normal relievers would make me nervous but we can't really burn all of our starters in the first 3 games.

3 games in 3 days, bro.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

no way Framber gets the ball for the first time in game 4.

Even if you ignore the fact that he is our best pitcher in 2020 (and it’s not really close), starting him in game 4 means you only get him once in the LDS and if you get through to the LCS, game 3 would be his first availability on normal rest.

I don’t know the right answer. Will depend on the matchup.

dont really like Grienke and Framber back to back. Would like Urquidy in between them. 
don’t want lance starting. Just don’t trust him outside of MMP Park this year. Maybe the neutral site or pitching when we’re the designated home team will somehow arbitrarily help

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

When does MLB/ESPN/FOX/etc flip from “astros...so shameful with the cheating scandal.” to “what a resilient ball club overcoming so much adversity in a year when no one alive has experienced this much adversity.”

I peg it at game 7 of the World Series when were up 13-2 in the 9th

that early?