2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

Celebrations aren't determinative of anything but.... am I the only one a bit put off by the Rays antics last night? Beating the Yankees is always a reason to point, laugh, and slam some brews, but if you saw all that and didn't know what stage we're at in the postseason, you'd be surprised to learn that wasn't a World Series party.

My .02

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I like where the Astros are in the coming years with their pitching staff. The core of the staff is 27 years and younger. They are getting a lot of good experience, and will be cheap for the next 3-4 seasons. Need to lock up Springer and try to get Brantley back. The window is starting to look a little bit wider than it did 2 weeks ago.

Celebrations aren't determinative of anything but.... am I the only one a bit put off by the Rays antics last night? Beating the Yankees is always a reason to point, laugh, and slam some brews, but if you saw all that and didn't know what stage we're at in the postseason, you'd be surprised to learn that wasn't a World Series party.

My .02

Sent from my Pixel 3a

Meh. What else were they gonna do. World is on lockdown still. They gonna go sit in hotel room?

As far as the trash can banging....they keep poking the bear. Probably not the smartest move....as we have seen recently.

You also must have forgotten about this and all the other shenanigans in 2015f3347f0059e99ddf944800e07ca54b1d.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

Pumped for tonight but after yesterday game and the state of Texas sports and the Rockets and Texans i'm acting like a gaping vagina so i'm not gonna post during games. I don't have a good feeling about this series but i didn't against the twins or a's so thats a positive. I hate fucking sports. Fuck ou. Fuck Herman the most for making me this pessimistic.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm starting to feel pretty good about this series.  Almost everything I've read has said the Rays will win because of their pitching depth.  Their top 3 starters are kind of scary but they're going to go 4-5 innings max.  And their bullpen is good but throughout our playoffs runs we've gotten to everyone's bullpen when we start seeing the same relievers for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th times in a series.  I think the Rays strategy of not leaning heavily on their starters and having their relievers throw so many innings works in our favor.

On the other side, they're hitting doesn't scare me the ways the Yankees or Dodgers would.  It will just be a question of whether our pitching can hold up enough that we don't have to get into the shitty back end of our staff.  Unfortunately with no off days that may happen.  Greinke, McCullers, and Urquidy are going to have to be more effective than they were against Oakland.  If we can get 6 innings out of 2 of them and also have Framber go 6-7 again I think we'll be in good shape through the first 4 games that hopefully we can piece it together the rest of the way.

Objectively, I know I should be happy with how far the Astros have gotten this year, and I realize we don't have enough pitching on paper.  Then, of course, we would be considered sacrificial lambs against either Atlanta or the almighty Dodgers, who I am pretty sure have won at least 4 of the last 3 World Series based on what they've said.  And, despite the fact that they rely heavily on 2 members of the 2018 Red Sox, they never ever ever cheated.

But who knows, maybe we can somehow win 4 out of 7 even if the Rays and NL winner are the better team.  Because fuck everyone.