2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

I fucking love this team so so so much. Their resilience in the face of all the shit talking about them and their injuries and all their bad breaks and here they are, still playing their asses off and giving  us fans so much pride in being fans of the MOTHERFUCKING HOUSTON ASTROS.

I love you guys. Let's keep this fun train rolling. 

QFT. Love this team. Have given Htown so much to be proud of. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Remember when I said that you should offer Correa a lifetime contract for like $400 million through his age 40 season or something?

yeah- I’d offer him 14/400 still. I think. That’s 28 per year. If he stays healthy for most of it it’s not a bargain or anything, but it’s not an overpay either. 

27 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

They are all over Arozarena’s jock, but Correa has the same number of HRs.  

but to be fair, their batting averages are dramatically different in the league championship series. .381 vs. Correa's .187

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Remember when I said that you should offer Correa a lifetime contract for like $400 million through his age 40 season or something?

yeah- I’d offer him 14/400 still. I think. That’s 28 per year. If he stays healthy for most of it it’s not a bargain or anything, but it’s not an overpay either. 

first things first.  Sign Springer a more important signing

13 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

If it’s either/or, I’m definitely picking CC. 5 years younger and at a more important position. But this is a discussion for the offseason thread to come. We’ll talk again in 2 weeks. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

I love Springer. But he’s 5 years older and at his position he will degenerate more when he loses his athleticism.  If I had to pick one it’d be Correa. But I’m fine with signing them both. Let’s just give all the money to the core 5 while we have Yordan and Tucker cheap, and pay the pitchers a combined $25 million or something. Trade Greinke and trot out a starting rotation that makes like $13,000,000 total (LMJ at liken10 million) and a bullpen that makes like 12 million (after you trade Presley and DFA Osuna who is hurt). 
I’m joking (mostly) but man- I sure would love to see a lineup that had Yordan added to a fully weaponized Tucker- as our #8 hitter. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I love Springer. But he’s 5 years older and at his position he will degenerate more when he loses his athleticism.  If I had to pick one it’d be Correa. But I’m fine with signing them both. Let’s just give all the money to the core 5 while we have Yordan and Tucker cheap, and pay the pitchers a combined $25 million or something. Trade Greinke and trot out a starting rotation that makes like $13,000,000 total (LMJ at liken10 million) and a bullpen that makes like 12 million (after you trade Presley and DFA Osuna who is hurt). 
I’m joking (mostly) but man- I sure would love to see a lineup that had Yordan added to a fully weaponized Tucker- as our #8 hitter. 

It’s Crane’s money so fuck it, let’s dream.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

but to be fair, their batting averages are dramatically different in the league championship series. .381 vs. Correa's .187

Correa hollerin' 187 with his dick in they mouth, biatch.

Hanging around... hanging around... alligator blood 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Really I just did the math and if you could give George 5/150 and Correa 10/300 so they were both $30 million a year guys and you brought uncle mike back for like 20 million a year that’s “only” 145 million or so in the starting 9. You could fill out this pitching staff for 55 million for sure if you moved Greinke and have a pretty damn competitive team for $200 million. 
unfortunately, JV’s contract- even if insured, would count against the cap for luxury tax purposes but that would be a one time hit as he’d move on. I don’t know that it would ever be smart to spend 75% of your money on your everyday 9- but if there was ever a team to do it for it would be this lineup with as many arms as we have making minimum wage. 
Also- Click shouldn’t be daunted by the idea of trying to build a quality staff for $50 million in arms- that’s more money than he had in assembling a couple of his staffs. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Strom, Pettis replacement, Cintron... coach of the game competition getting fierce!

After Correa struck out and grounded out in his first two at-bats, hitting coach coach Alex Cintron took him down in the batting cage for some work. Cintron noticed Correa’s shoulders were closed off, which had prevented him from driving the ball. Cintron grabbed Correa and adjusted his shoulders and hands and quickly flipped him 10 balls to hit. It clicked immediately.

“I hit a line drive back through the middle [lining out to second base in the seventh] and I said, ‘Wow, that felt good,’” Correa said. “That made me click right there. After that at-bat, I came back on defense and I said, ‘Let’s go to the cage and feel it again.’ When I felt it, I thought I was going to do something good next at-bat.”

• Hook 'Em 3