2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

Well, if we had to lose I’m glad it’s to the rays and Uncle Charlie as opposed to Yanks, Dodgers or Sox. 
Loved Uncle Charlie as a human being. Happy for his success of it can’t be ours. All that said if we want to go ahead and fuck them up the rest of the way I’m ok with that. 
This is our teams best performance in an even numbered year since we got good again. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I’m getting a feeling that we’re going to need to find a significant at bat out of both Gurreal and Bregman for us to win.

Just have a feeling that if we can get a RBI out of them then we can win. If they go hit less then we lose.

We need some magic or this plane crashes into the mountain.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Well, if we had to lose I’m glad it’s to the rays and Uncle Charlie as opposed to Yanks, Dodgers or Sox. 
Loved Uncle Charlie as a human being. Happy for his success of it can’t be ours. All that said if we want to go ahead and fuck them up the rest of the way I’m ok with that. 
This is our teams best performance in an even numbered year since we got good again. 

This is very aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Don’t be a bitch lance

maybe you shouldnt be at 74 pitches through 11 outs or hang two meatballs in a game 7

This.

Don’t wait until the 4th to start actually dealing.

It’s game 7. You make sure you’re ready from pitch 1.

Still.... not a great move IMO

Edited by Dnaguy

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Wow! You are correct. Kudos sir. I stand corrected. I evidently had someone else in mind 

You were just early, he's from Tampa now...

...And had an offseason home in Bradenton, FL before he signed with the Rays.

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/2018/12/13/5-things-to-know-about-new-rays-pitcher-charlie-morton/

Local connection
Morton has floated the idea of retiring to spend more time with his wife and four young kids, or at least wanting to play for a team near his wife's family base in Delaware. But the Rays offered a better option, since the Mortons have an off-season home in Bradenton...

No, not those Mortons

Morton has no ties, family or otherwise, to the Morton's steak house chain. Why is that noteworthy? Because he got asked about it during the 2017 ALCS, when someone (ex-teammate Jared Hughes was suspected and accused) changed Morton's wikipedia page to say he was, and a reporter saw that and asked him about it. Also untrue, apparently, was the addendum that he was "infamous for owning a steakhouse and is a steak connoisseur" and a has a pregame routine which includes eating a 2-pound steak before each start.

8 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

If we lose this game/series, it'll be because of Bregman and Gurriel.

It'll be because Click and Crane wrote off the season before the trade deadline and didn't fill any of the glaring pitching weaknesses visible to everyone before the season ever started.  Which by the trade deadline had logic because we were playing like crap.  Pitchers pretty much overperformed in the playoffs, it's amazing we got to an ALCS game 7 with all the key injuries.

Not to defend Bregs and Yuli ("Bregs unlucky" wore off long ago, he's just playing like crap), but there are always going to be slumps in the lineup during a series at this level of competition.

Edited by clapclapclap