2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s time we stopped worrying about the Oakland and focus on the Mariners. So go A’s! Sweep Seattle! Biggest series of the season. 

Yep. In this absurd season (don't get me wrong- I prefer some baseball to no baseball) with 60 ish games played, no fans, maybe a playoff bubble etc., I can't see any benefit to being the 3 seed vs the 6 seed vs the 8th seed or whatever the hell it is how this thing is set up.  Just get in. Nothing else matters. Go Oakland.  

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

I've seen enough to know we are going to suck once in playoffs so I don't really give a shit, but it would be better to make it than not.  

That’s the spirit. 
what if we win the World Series?  That’s not likely to happen but it’s a serious question.  How would you feel about this team and season?  
that’s an off day question for anyone to answer...

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 1

Yeah- I don’t think it’s happening, but if it did I think I’d buy a shirt and hat and then promptly forget it ever happened. It wouldn’t make up for losing last year to me. 
by contrast if Texas won a national title I’d be as excited about that as just about anything short of Vy in 2005. I don’t know if any title could be as special as that one bc it felt like it should count for double it was so badass. 

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

what if we win the World Series?  That’s not likely to happen but it’s a serious question.  How would you feel about this team and season?  

I'd buy several hundred dollars worth of World Series Champions gear and I'd grin at all the dirty looks I got while wearing it.

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'd buy several hundred dollars worth of World Series Champions gear and I'd grin at all the dirty looks I got while wearing it.

This. Think Nats fans give a shit about not winning the division last year?

A streaking team will probably win it. Astros are capable of streaking.  I would be ecstatic if we won, but the team still needs significant work.  Dodgers have had the "best" team for 3 years now.  Their fans are a shitshow who make asterisks hats.  Actually winning matters more than having a team built to win. 

Also this season will have a display in Cooperstown all to itself.  Its historic. No asterisk to it. It will be remembered more than most regular seasons. 

That being said, this team needs serious work and isn't winning shit. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:
Jose Altuve is back for the Astros tonight vs. Rangers at MMP:

CF Springer
2B Altuve
DH Brantley
3B Bregman
LF Tucker
1B Gurriel
SS Correa
RF Reddick
C Maldonado

RHP Urquidy

13 games in 13 days and other than Maldonado, this should be the lineup for every one of them.  Garneau and Diaz are the only other names that should make an appearance in a starting lineup.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

13 games in 13 days and other than Maldonado, this should be the lineup for every one of them.  Garneau and Diaz are the only other names that should make an appearance in a starting lineup.  

challenge accepted!  /dusty

AT&TSW saying this is our 4th game all year with our full lineup.  Umm, why no Yordan?