2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

getting son his pic in Astros outfield stands for his 27th b-day.

Not quite as cool  as LilShep fathering a kid already; but might end up being son's fave birthday present ever...

If someone could make a video of Bellinger, Jansen, et al with "In the arms of an angel" in the background, that'd be great.

Sally Struthers voiceover would be over the top.

Without reading through yalls thread, wtf is going on with Forrest Whitley? Is he hurt? Just not effective? I thought he was an untouchable, and with the Verlander news on top of the question marks y’all already had going into the season at SP, how has he not cracked the rotation yet? I’m genuinely curious.

28 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Without reading through yalls thread, wtf is going on with Forrest Whitley? Is he hurt? Just not effective? I thought he was an untouchable, and with the Verlander news on top of the question marks y’all already had going into the season at SP, how has he not cracked the rotation yet? I’m genuinely curious.

They want to bring him along slowly.  He has just shown flashes but has not stayed healthy for any extended period of time.  Common assumption is that he will be up and pitching with the club this year assuming he's healthy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, huge said:

They want to bring him along slowly.  He has just shown flashes but has not stayed healthy for any extended period of time.  Common assumption is that he will be up and pitching with the club this year assuming he's healthy.

The way the pitching staff is dropping like flies, I expect him to be called up sooner than later. 

3 minutes ago, jkates said:

What's up with the 8:10 pm CDT first pitches on our home games? Brutal.

I don’t mind the 8pm start time. Especially since we the get the same on the West coast

gives me a chance to get home stuff done beforehand and kids to bed and enjoy more of the game.

whats already slightly annoying is a different start time seemingly every day.

we have the same home start time 3 days in a row only once all year. 

2 hours ago, APMP said:

So, over under on Stros being plunked this series?

I really think it won't happen, unless a game is out of hand.  Too much at stake with every game being worth nearly 3 games.  But Alex Wood made an observation I thought was spot on:

"Somebody will take it into their own hands, and they'll get suspended more games than any of those guys got for the biggest cheating scandal in 100 years," he said. "It'll be pretty ironic when that happens."

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I really think it won't happen, unless a game is out of hand.  Too much at stake with every game being worth nearly 3 games.  But Alex Wood made an observation I thought was spot on:

"Somebody will take it into their own hands, and they'll get suspended more games than any of those guys got for the biggest cheating scandal in 100 years," he said. "It'll be pretty ironic when that happens."

Ironic because several other major leaguers have fingered the Dodgers as another team that used live cameras to steal signs? Agree. 

Absolutely. 

Some unnamed members of the Milwaukee Brewers told the Athletic during the 2018 National League Championship Series that they were concerned the Dodgers were using video to steal their signs. Members of the New York Mets said in May that they suspected Dodgers hitters knew what was coming in their four-game series they played in Los Angeles.

www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-were-accused-of-sign-stealing-in-2018-per-the-athletic/2020/01/08/amp/

Now take your fucking shine box and NL champ gear and get out of our thread. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

And relayed to hitters in real time?  OK.

fuck your semantics.  Just pissy because someone executed it better.   LOLz.

It's over...until Dodger fans start crying again.

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I thought I read here someone saying he was a "headcase"?  It may have been a joke.  I know as much as you.

Cool tweet from a scout:

"2017 Astros draft room
We’re gettin ready to take a guy from my area in the 11th RD; A good scout with us says we got to take his guy now he wont get to us in the 12th, he really likes him. We take his guy Brandon Bielak (called up 2day) I get my guy 12th-2 yrs & done #teamwork"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, APMP said:

So, over under on Stros being plunked this series?

What's the read on Dusty, is he more of a man than Turn 1,000 Cheeks AJ?  

I mean, I'm cool with a Coward of the County approach, but even he had his limits.

First chance after they plunk us we need to send up 3 disposable pitchers to hit 3 Dodgers in a row.

Edited by clapclapclap
And then pull off a triple play. That'll show 'em!

“Schoenfield: Hey, after losing the final two games of their four-game series against the lowly Giants, the Dodgers just need to worry about getting a win. Plus, for all the justified anger over the Astros cheating in 2017, don't forget the Dodgers hit just .203 in that World Series. And closer Kenley Jansen, who had a loss and a blown save in a game the Dodgers would lose, was basically just a one-pitch pitcher back then, so the Astros didn't have to steal his signs. In other words, the Dodgers can't just point at the Astros for losing the series. They still had their chances.”