2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

20 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

If that did happen, things would get interesting very quickly.  Social distancing may become difficult to maintain.  Carrot Cole will be ready to respond.

So it’s ok to throw at our stars but not yours?  I think the MLB thread is a better place for you to express your Dodger fandom

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2

I want it to be Bellinger, but I don't want to wait until the 2nd inning. 

We hit them first, everyone is warned so if they want to play bitch ball some more then they get tossed when they hit/throw at us

This is chess not checkers. 

Edited by Scraps

48 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I want it to be Bellinger, but I don't want to wait until the 2nd inning. 

We hit them first, everyone is warned so if they want to play bitch ball some more then they get tossed when they hit/throw at us

This is chess not checkers. 

The only problem is Roberts might get run as well, and we need that idiot making as many decisions as possible. It's the only equalizer in this series considering all of our injuries.

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

So it’s ok to throw at our stars but not yours?  I think the MLB thread is a better place for you to express your Dodger fandom

And I will when this series is over.  I didn't realize this was a safe space where series specific opinions couldn't be expressed.  If the consensus is for me to leave prior to tonight's game, I will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

If that did happen, things would get interesting very quickly.  Social distancing may become difficult to maintain.  Carrot Cole will be ready to respond.

and when gingergaard responds, he can spend the rest of the game social distancing in the clubhouse. 

I don't care if you leave or not, but I will pretty much guarantee that 0.0 people in this thread give any fucks about your opinion on anything. 

and not really sure why you care about our opinion on anything either.  

I have never got the point of entering other teams thread .....regardless what sport.  The real reason is only to troll.  You can get any wanted  news worthy shit off twitter for any team.  

Edited by Scraps
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I don't care if you leave or not, but I will pretty much guarantee that 0.0 people in this thread give any fucks about your opinion on anything. 

and not really sure why you care about our opinion on anything either.  

I have never got the point of entering other teams thread .....regardless what sport.  The real reason is only to troll.  You can get any wanted  news worthy shit off twitter for any team.  

We are in the middle of a series with you.  I don't come in here otherwise.  Should I create a specific game thread like in football?  Fuck it.  I'm out.  Astros fans are fucking sensitive.  Or maybe just insecure.  I'll be in the MLB thread.

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

We are in the middle of a series with you.  I don't come in here otherwise.  Should I create a specific game thread like in football?  Fuck it.  I'm out.  Astros fans are fucking sensitive.  Or maybe just insecure.  I'll be in the MLB thread.

Or might a suggest a fucking LA Dodgers message board? 

Also it is not about being sensitive...IT IS ABOUT NO ONE CARING ABOUT YOUR POSTS IN AN ASTROS THREAD LOL

Edited by Scraps

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Just don't be a bitch.  Your team opened up the can of intentionally throwing at batters.  You should expect retaliation.

Correa should have told Kelly to meet him in the parking lot after the game.  Nobody would have to get suspended.

As Blum said last night, the issue isn't getting plunked or thrown at, but when you throw at or behind a guy's head, that's completely out of line and invites retaliation.

Astros hitters are going to get hit, they know that and expect it. They don't expect to protect themselves against a Dickie Thon type of injury because of what happened in 2017.

46 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

talk about sensitive...he just told you no one really gave a shit about your opinion on anything, much less in the astros thread.  be a little fucking bitch like your one inning stopper who couldn't even successfully hit a guy after 30 tries or not, no one cares.

13 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

No.

This.  He’s a head case.  When he’s off, he’s a trainwreck.  No way he’s throwing at anybody with 2 men on base against a 2 for 2 Correa.  I wish he was headhunting, but he wasn’t.

bull.fucking.shit.

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

i fucking guarantee one of yalls players - betts, bellinger, or turner- will get a fastball in the ribcage at one point tonight

1 minute ago, Mez2 said:

i fucking guarantee one of yalls players - betts, bellinger, or turner- will get a fastball in the ribcage at one point tonight

deservedly so.  frankly, i would say they deserve to be headhunted but unlike that little one-inning pussy bitch they threw out there last night to do their dirty work, our guys may actually hit them instead of throwing it into the stands like a complete retard.

headhunting is fucking bullshit - regardless of any situation - if you're gonna hit someone, you throw at their back/ribs. no need to ruin anyone's career or kill someone because you have beef. if you can't hit someone from 60 feet away you shouldn't be the one throwing at the hitter. 

4 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

headhunting is fucking bullshit - regardless of any situation - if you're gonna hit someone, you throw at their back/ribs. no need to ruin anyone's career or kill someone because you have beef. if you can't hit someone from 60 feet away you shouldn't be the one throwing at the hitter. 

agreed...that was my point.  if you're actually capable of doing it, it should be avoided.  fortunately, joe kelly is too shitty to do so despite his clear effort to do so with bregman.

Edited by sidis
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I hope Click is working the phones with Atlanta because Strom and the Astros analytics nerds could squeeze some juice out of Folty.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

He’s working the phones with the Orioles  but for this moke. 

What was his take?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't do it justice but he went off about the Dodgers being crybaby bitches, Kelly being the message sender when he was on cheating red sox etc.

Now he is talking to Dodgers tv guy and still calling them bitches lol
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

No.

This.  He’s a head case.  When he’s off, he’s a trainwreck.  No way he’s throwing at anybody with 2 men on base against a 2 for 2 Correa.  I wish he was headhunting, but he wasn’t.

I agree.  The pitch behind Bregman's head was a 96 mph fastball.  The one at Correa's head was a 86 mph curve.  You don't throw at people with curveballs.

My issues with Kelly were  (1) the pitch to Bregman.  It sure seemed like he fell behind 3-0, was probably going to walk him anyway, and decided to throw at him and (2) covering the bag on Brantley's grounder, the dumbass had his foot right where Brantley would hit the bag.  That's a good way for one or both of them to fuck up their ankle.  And when he got called out for it he was a little bitch.

Edited by WBT

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

pretty much makes any pitch tonight an auto-eject + fine + suspension.

you never see these come down so quickly, so that must be the point of it.

on a separate note, i cannot wait to fight the a's.  because we all know that one's coming.

They had to do something immediately otherwise it would be out of control from the jump. There isn't an ump on the planet who could keep the game under wraps without the MLB sending some kind of message. It was also probably a message to all other pitchers to put any Astros vendetta aside and play the damn season. There are enough distractions, as it is.

MLB sent letters to every team prior to the start of Feb spring training warning that any intentional acts of reprisal against Astros hitters would be dealt with swiftly and the punishment would be greater than in past years because they don't want pitchers headhunting.

The bitch ass Dodgers can't be surprised by this.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/david-samson-explains-why-mlb-decided-to-send-out-a-memo-warning-teams-not-to-throw-at-astros/