2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

6 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I feared this would happen. Baseball being such a mental sport I was worried if any of these guys started off slow or slumping they might go into a tail spin at the plate. I know it's early but does anyone think all of the "cheaters" shit is playing a role in with any of these struggles at the plate?

Just curious if anyone thought this like I have.

Not really.  I'm much more concerned about the pitching holding up.  The hitting will be fine and has been fine so far.  We're 4th in runs scored per game and in the bottom 10 in runs allowed per game.  Some guys are slumping but there's always going to be someone slumping in any 14 game sample.  Mostly our luck/timing has sucked.  We're 1-4 in 1-run games, 0-2 in 2-run games, and 1-3 in extra innings.

Weird shit was always going to happen in a short season; hopefully we get it going and don't become the poster child for that.

The double, reverse jinx appears to be a failure 

On 8/7/2020 at 4:52 PM, Guadaloopy said:

I do not have a good feeling about this weekend.

“Ain’t gonna paddle it. Gonna kick it.  Real hard”

CAAF79C1-AF6B-42A3-B0D7-93640AA3B40C.png

On 8/7/2020 at 4:56 PM, TonyTexas said:

Perfect. Astros sweep

What happened  

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not as bad as expecting. Our guys handled it pretty well other than Cintron.  

Laureano got hit again with a slider and started being a dick trying to teach Castellanos how to throw the ball. He just kept doing it all the way to first. Of course Cintrons dumbass can't just stfu so he starts yelling at Laureano....and then is waving him to the dugout like "come on"....so Laureano bumrushes towards dugout....Garneau tackles him....both benches clear.....bunch of pushing and people up in Machetes face.

I think Laureano and their shitty catcher got ejected only but not sure

• Like 1

laureano will get at least 8 games, i don't care what cintron said, that's idiotic.

garneau is now my favorite 2020 astro.  i can see why cintron felt like he could say whatever he wanted.

blum is like, "this is a bad look for both teams."  fuck that shit.  nobody is thinking about covid when someone charges your fucking dugout.  maybe this will wake us up a little.

Just saw the clip.  Laureano will get at least 10 games, and he should.  Fucking baby got hit with a slider that got away then chirped all the way down there then charged a fucking coach.  I wouldn't even be shocked if MLB sits him down for the season.  Fucking idiot.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

It's going to be amazing when we finish around .500 then win the World Series, and everyone's like, "Those cheaters wouldn't even have made the playoffs without these special rules this year.  Give 'em another asterisk.  My diaper's so full, wahhhhhhhh."

This

I’ve said it before, there is no way in hell 8 out of the other 14 teams in the AL beat out this team for a playoff spot.*

* assumes the injuries that have ravaged the pitching staff don’t infect the regulars in the lineup. If so, forget it. It’s not the “Astros” were watching. It’s the Express/Hooks.

15 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Reddick hitting second is fucking stupid. 

he was batting... wish there would have been some hits.

Edited by slorch

12 hours ago, Scraps said:

I think Laureano and their shitty catcher got ejected only but not sure

yes they were the only ejections, but keep in mind baby Joe didn't get tossed from the Dodger game either.