40 years ago today

Gil Bang

^

Junior high soundtrack for me.   No car, so no Blaupunkt, but rocked it on my Panasonic shelf system.  What a fucking album. 

Can you believe they released "Highway to Hell" (a damn good hard rock album in its own right) less than a year before?  Lost Bon Scott, recruited Johnson, and laid down this album in just the span of a few months?  I mean, in hindsight it seems like this Magnum Opus that would have taken the newly reformed band a few years to craft.  But, nope...they tapped in something very special despite the loss of Bon, and hard rock music got the revival it needed as Zeppelin had just broken up and The Who and others like them were in a bit if a lull trying to navigate the new sound of popular rock.  But "Black in Back" course corrected rock 'n roll for another decade.  What a fucking album.  Gonna go download some of the deep cuts.  

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I still blast this motherfucker on the regular.

Tonight, I'm gonna drink some whiskey with the headphones on.  Fuck yeah. 

That works, but right now it's the Hunt for Red October on SUNDANCE so rock and roll will have to wait, the bourbon is already poured though.

9 hours ago, Macanudo said:

It's a dumb tradition but the first song  I've played in every new car I have bought since 1995 is Back in Black.   Cassettes, then CDs and now Bluetooth.

Big deal, ArmyBrat did the same thing but started with a gramophone and worked his way up to reel-to-reel.  

That is a good tradition though, rep.