Shooting at Austin protest tonight, 1 dead

clapclapclap

4 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Not a stretch at all if the assumption is he intentionally put himself in the midst of that protest, which is a very reasonable conclusion given the available video evidence that night.

He created the situation, he escalated the situation, and he finished the situation. And we're just supposed to take him at his word when he has every motivation to lie? He deserves very little benefit of the doubt. 

You are a nut case.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Was Perry the one walking down the middle of Congress Avenue who was carrying an AK 47 and pounding on car or was he the guy who got shot and died?
Did the shooter run a red light and drive INTO a crowd of protesters he could see ahead of him, most of them carrying political signs that he openly disagreed with? Did Perry screech his tires and honk one loud long Texas fuck outta my way honk at them? Gee it's just crazy how some of those pesky rioters got upset at him and banged on his car. Any reasonably patient act on his part and nobody ever hears about this because nothing else would have happened.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Did the shooter run a red light and drive INTO a crowd of protesters he could see ahead of him, most of them carrying political signs that he openly disagreed with? Did Perry screech his tires and honk one loud long Texas fuck outta my way honk at them? Gee it's just crazy how some of those pesky rioters got upset at him and banged on his car. Any reasonably patient act on his part and nobody ever hears about this because nothing else would have happened.

I noticed you left out the guy carrying the AK-47.  Maybe if he didn't approach the car with his AK-47 nothing else would have happened.

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Good points. I now see how Perry was the one who created this situation. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

But the car was stopped?  If he wanted to run them over he should’ve.  But again, if you point a gun at someone all bets are off.  This is Texas pal

I noticed you left out the guy carrying the AK-47.  Maybe if he didn't approach the car with his AK-47 nothing else would have happened.
I also left out the part where open carry is legal or that numerous witnesses said the dead guy never pointed his AK at him. You know, those same witnesses who said he never fired his weapon while many of the surly ballistics experts showed up to insist otherwise.

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

I also left out the part where open carry is legal or that numerous witnesses said the dead guy never pointed his AK at him. You know, those same witnesses who said he never fired his weapon while many of the surly ballistics experts showed up to insist otherwise.

Do you think the guy with the AK47 knew it was illegal to walk down the middle of the street and block vehicle traffic?

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

The same witnesses that said the car hit people?  The same witnesses that didn't say anything about the guy who shot at the car as it was driving away?

• Hook 'Em 6

21 minutes ago, leaf said:

The same witnesses that said the car hit people?  The same witnesses that didn't say anything about the guy who shot at the car as it was driving away?

In fairness, a lot (all?) of the closest witnesses would’ve been scrambling & running away after the initial shots. I’m sure plenty of them thought the last 3 shots were coming from the car as it sped away. 

9 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Wait. Are there people on here defending the dumbass dead AK guy? I skipped a few pages.

Wait. Are you defending a guy that tweeted about killing protestors and then drives a car into a crowd and shoots a protestor? 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

In fairness, a lot (all?) of the closest witnesses would’ve been scrambling & running away after the initial shots. I’m sure plenty of them thought the last 3 shots were coming from the car as it sped away. 

I can agree with that.  But, I'm sure there were witnesses there that did see the guy shoot at the car.

2 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

I’m aware. Are you aware that Perry is the first guy in history to run a red light on a right turn?

You believe people illegally protesting on a street is escalating 

I believe a car turning into a crowd of protestors is escalating 

We can wager which person a jury agrees with

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I would wager that Perry wins. However I don't think it'll get that far. 

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I will wager that the jury will believe that a guy with an AK47, at the ready, escalated this situation. And based on all of his interviews prior to the event, knew he was escalating.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, smuggs said:

The fucking guy really went down to the vigil to accost mourners of the person he killed? This strategy is bolder than a bag of Doritos Jacked: Enchilada Supreme.

That's what this website is claiming. Let me first say, I'd never heard of it but am only giving link. They also claim to be the first to break the news about the guy's identity.

https://tribuneofthepeople.news/2020/07/30/breaking-investigation-points-to-ex-military-reactionary-in-murder-of-garrett-foster/

(Note: They openly support the BLM movement.)

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

That's what this website is claiming. Let me first say, I'd never heard of it but am only giving link. They also claim to be the first to break the news about the guy's identity.

https://tribuneofthepeople.news/2020/07/30/breaking-investigation-points-to-ex-military-reactionary-in-murder-of-garrett-foster/

(Note: They openly support the BLM movement.)

Note: (They openly support Communism, too.)

Edited by clapclapclap
Click on the History link of their website. LOL

1 minute ago, Longhorn said:

I will wager that the jury will believe that a guy with an AK47, at the ready, escalated this situation. And based on all of his interviews prior to the event, knew he was escalating.

I will wager that the facts show a man with clear motive to harm a BLM protestor as stated by his own admission on Twitter, drove to a BLM protest, carrying a loaded weapon against his rideshare company policy, turned illegally, aggressively honked, and shot a man within seconds of turning. 

Your defense is a veteran who was doing his job on rideshare, did not see the crowd of people walking on the street, but no matter the people had no right to be there, they had no permit, so his car had the right of way, so he should be able to turn on the street, they escalated the situation by being on the street illegally, so he accidentally rolled a red light, honked his horn upon being surprised by the protestors, then was scared by the swarm of protestors, and when the man with the AK pointed his gun at him, he just reacted and shot him with his legally carried firearm 

You think not only will this person not be charged, but a jury will believe his defense? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Not professionally. But I would win that case if I was.. even with no legal training. 

Look, I think he has a decent defense (at least before his tweets surfaced). But this isn't an a give me case for the defense at all. 

25 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Note: (They openly support Communism, too.)

Yeah, they're clearly a biased news source but they did the necessary digging to ID the guy. That's not to say they wouldn't lie about the guy harassing mourners. I don't know either way -- just saying they're the source for the claim.

58 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Wait. Are there people on here defending the dumbass dead AK guy? I skipped a few pages.

The dumbass dead guy that was interviewed on the street the same night saying he wouldn't point the gun at cops because they'd shoot him, but everyone else were pussies? That guy?

Plenty of pointless stupidity going around that night. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Two guys, both apparently looking for trouble, just happened to run into each other. 

Sure looks like a whole lot of this.

But we might be seeing enough to get Perry charged, because there’s now evidence the prosecution can introduce to show intent/malice aforethought. He went looking for trouble. He found a moron dumb enough to give it to him. One paid with his life. The other may pay with some prison time.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Halohal said:

image.png.d0a49aeef665dfcb268e05aebd646082.png

image.png.7071fec5f8354d07afce10f5a4facb44.png

image.thumb.png.3ac16baed946d5c50c825a1763f0098a.png

image.png

Is this real life?  Is that really the same dude?

If so the guy is a full on nut case.  I don't know what to believe anymore.  When it comes to this whole episode I'm like this now...

KBz.gif

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

If he really went and hollered at mourners....shit, is he working toward an insanity defense he probably won't even need?

Seriously...under Texas law as it stands now it seems like the one dude who would be in the most trouble is the unnamed idiot who popped off three shots at Perry's car as it was driving away. That dude was under no threat to his life and endangered dozens of others. But then if Perry went and taunted mourners? That's well, something....Dude is psycho whether or not that comes before the court. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Sure looks like a whole lot of this.

But we might be seeing enough to get Perry charged, because there’s now evidence the prosecution can introduce to show intent/malice aforethought. He went looking for trouble. He found a moron dumb enough to give it to him. One paid with his life. The other may pay with some prison time.

Not a lawyer like you are but I’m not sure how you make the jump from his tweets to intent. The whole thing is so fucked up. Hopefully we can agree that if you ever make it down to Port A again I won’t shoot you and I expect the same from you. 

I hope they charge him. Let’s figure this out in court.

edit- I said I hope they charge him. That’s not correct. I hope they get this right.

Edited by justhookit
  • Hook 'Em 1

It may warrant a murder charge, If the facts show he was essentially lying-in-wait, and if he embarked on a plan to intentionally make this confrontation inevitable. He admitted how he would end the confrontation. And if he was following through on the plan as he pulled the trigger.

Are Austin juries wise enough to follow the law? I presume they are. I assume his lawyers are wise enough to see all of this already. And thank goodness he has legal representation. This needs to follow the book. Texas lawyers are damn smart. They do a lot of pondering. They can handle it.

Are lying-in-wait killings capital offenses in Texas? I assume they are. But I am no Texas lawyer. 

God speed to your justice system. Hard to find justice when a human was gunned down. 

We humans need to chill out. And don't point those things. Human life is too fragile.

Peace to all. 

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

It may warrant a murder charge, If the facts show he was essentially lying-in-wait, and if he embarked on a plan to intentionally make this confrontation inevitable. He admitted how he would end the confrontation. And if he was following through on the plan as he pulled the trigger.

Are Austin juries wise enough to follow the law? I presume they are. I assume his lawyers are wise enough to see all of this already. And thank goodness he has legal representation. This needs to follow the book. Texas lawyers are damn smart. They do a lot of pondering. They can handle it.

Are lying-in-wait killings capital offenses in Texas? I assume they are. But I am no Texas lawyer. 

God speed to your justice system. Hard to find justice when a human was gunned down. 

We humans need to chill out. And don't point those things. Human life is too fragile.

Peace to all. 

I just don't see how any of those if's can be proven. I'm not saying that they aren't true, and if they are true then fuck him. But legally how do you prove them? I don't think his older twitter posts are enough. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I just don't see how any of those if's can be proven. I'm not saying that they aren't true, and if they are true then fuck him. But legally how do you prove them? I don't think his older twitter posts are enough. 

Twitter posts are leads. There is a lot of data out there to fill in the rest of the story.

Sad situation - especially for moms and pops who love their kids - whatever age. Senseless.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Peace to all. 

After having watched Outcry, damn glad this didn’t happen in WilCo.  

8 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

If that is Perry then yeah he's a piece of shit. Honestly from what I've read about him he's still a huge piece of shit regardless of if that's him or not. 

But I still think he shouldn't be prosecuted for this. 

I go back and forth with each new piece of information that comes in.

In my mind the only 100%, dead solid, no question issue in this whole deal is that both Perry and Garrett had that "I got my gun and I ain't takin' no shit!", but really were looking to dole out some shit attitude.

Just a matter of time before two assholes like that cross paths.

• Like 3