Shooting at Austin protest tonight, 1 dead

clapclapclap

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

No surprise the usual Cabal suspects were attacking @Art Vandelay. There is now substantiation. Apologies are in order. Hope and pray that violence can be averted and that law enforcement can control the situation. 

So are you saying we should hire him as our latex salesman?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It will turn out to be bullshit. How do we know? The story is about busloads of people. Last I checked, there are no stealth buses. There are plenty of people with a vested interest in that story being true. Tail them, photograph their arrival and unloading. Should be pretty easy.

Yet we won’t see that. Just like we didn’t earlier this year when there were BS reports of the same thing. Or a few years back. Or ever here in Austin.

Yup, just like other allegedly violent caravans, this is just bullshit being spread to justify action. APD is smart to be prepared given the recent shooting, everything else is just theater for idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

No surprise the usual Cabal suspects were attacking @Art Vandelay for what he heard. There is now substantiation. Apologies are in order

What substantiation? A bunch of conservative candidates and former politicians repeating the same thing echoing the same source?

Signal strength of a message has nothing to do with it's veracity

37 minutes ago, Captainant said:

What substantiation? A bunch of conservative candidates and former politicians repeating the same thing echoing the same source?

Signal strength of a message has nothing to do with it's veracity

Thanks.  Everyone, can we now get back to serious discussion?  Our self-anointed fact checker of whether sources are legitimate are not has now spoken.  And he has the best sources:

On 7/25/2020 at 11:30 PM, Captainant said:

In the Austin subreddit, folks who were there are saying the car just rolled up, a guy jumped out, and started shooting. Not clear what the motivations are, but the shooter clearly wanted to harm some protesters specifically. No escalation, just straight to murder

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

He was actually right, though, based on the shooter's own words he did want to harm protesters specifically and while many anti-carry people (like me) argue that simply having a visible weapon is an escalation, pro-carry people argue otherwise.

Seems like the only thing Ant got wrong was "jumped out".

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Also, people riding buses to the state capitol to protest is a perfectly normal thing. If you don't like it, move away from where the state government is I guess.

But these are Soros-funded Antifa Supersoldiers who are coming to kill our families and burn all the churches down! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 3adays said:

image.thumb.png.790abc72494946d2fa696af218cd2944.png

Keep your head on a swivel. Snipers are looking to take positions in apartments along I-35. 

I'm getting a 404 not found.   Was this what you were trying to post?

EeWcDbRX0AMEMdp?format=jpg&name=large

Edit:  I forgot that today is the 54th anniversary of the tower shootings. 

I had made a satirical callout for Whitman to declare his whereabouts, hence his reply.  Sorry about that.  

Edited by clapclapclap

14 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

But these are Soros-funded Antifa Supersoldiers who are coming to kill our families and burn all the churches down! 

Well I certainly hope that isn't true!

I'm sure everyone who believes it is an evidence-based thinker, so when it turns out to not be the case they will adjust their way of thinking and no longer be susceptible to this kind of conspiracy-based thinking.

218.png_large

• Like 1

For what it’s worth my Facebook has a post saying something extremely similar to Art, that Someone from Apd says that Antifa is protesting tonight. Could all be bs.

It’s true. They’re here.

Buddy works for APD and says they’ve called everyone and anyone in for tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

It’s true. They’re here.

Buddy works for APD and says they’ve called everyone and anyone in for tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don’t believe it until it is @Captainantverified. Multiple sources don’t matter. I’m glad there will be overwhelming force to confront any rabblerousers. Also, I want the cops to cite, ticket and fine the organizers if they haven’t obtained a permit to shut down traffic. That’s what I’d do to regain control, ticket and fine them to death. No permit - no protest blocking the street. 

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Fuck You 1

There have been protest marches pretty much every weekend since June.  Some small, some large.  Maybe all hell will break loose tonight, but aside from the shooting last week they haven’t been bad here.  If shit does go sideways tonight id be surprised, unless the 1000s of reported cops start hassling the crowd or vs versa.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

There have been protest marches pretty much every weekend since June.  Some small, some large.  Maybe all hell will break loose tonight, but aside from the shooting last week they haven’t been bad here.  If shit does go sideways tonight id be surprised, unless the 1000s of reported cops start hassling the crowd or vs versa.  

No they haven’t been bad here. Just looted stores, burned cars and fucking graffiti on every corner. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Is this the caravan of violence y'all were referring to?

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Supporters of Donald Trump from across Texas will form a caravan on Austin’s highways on Saturday in a show of support for the president.

Starting at noon, participants in the MAGA Drag the Interstate event will begin driving a loop around I-35, US 183, Mopac and SH 71.

Organizers of the event claim that people from Houston, Dallas and San Antonio are driving to Austin to take part in the parade.

People taking part were encouraged to display pro-Trump banners and flags in their vehicles.

Photos and videos posted on social media on Saturday morning show lines of vehicles in parking lots in preparation for the rally.

It is unclear how significantly the event, which is due to end at 2:30 p.m., will affect traffic in Austin.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/texas-trump-supporters-to-form-caravan-on-austin-highways-saturday/

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It will turn out to be bullshit. How do we know? The story is about busloads of people. Last I checked, there are no stealth buses. There are plenty of people with a vested interest in that story being true. Tail them, photograph their arrival and unloading. Should be pretty easy.

Yet we won’t see that. Just like we didn’t earlier this year when there were BS reports of the same thing. Or a few years back. Or ever here in Austin.

image.jpeg.fbc2518f19409149a082f5c9593d7ccb.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

PSA - I saw a picture on Instagram of a Facebook post about a tweet warning of a gang initiation happening tonight in Austin. If you see someone driving without their headlights on, DO NOT flash your brights!!! They’ll shoot you, that’s the initiation!!!!! Stay safe everyone...

And do NOT accompany a young woman back to her hotel room. She will likely harvest your organ.

15 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Let's bring back the glory days of the Boston bombing!

Travis County Law Enforcement scanner:

https://m.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14439

i remember that night! i wasn't following the feed but was following the thread into the wee hours of the morning, it was WAY better than following any news station, way more detailed and accurate, literally up to the minute reporting the suspect was 'in a boat'. it was amazing, one of those times when i'm like 'damn internet, you're impressive!'

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Let's bring back the glory days of the Boston bombing!

Travis County Law Enforcement scanner:

https://m.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14439

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

i remember that night! i wasn't following the feed but was following the thread into the wee hours of the morning, it was WAY better than following any news station, way more detailed and accurate, literally up to the minute reporting the suspect was 'in a boat'. it was amazing, one of those times when i'm like 'damn internet, you're impressive!'

Damn that was a fun night. All those Bahston accents and their hot mic's.