Shooting at Austin protest tonight, 1 dead

clapclapclap

Looks like things have been fairly tame so far despite lots of open carry folks downtown earlier. A few skirmishes between protesters and cops on bikes and horses, but nothing major.

Buses were finally spotted, but turns out they were full of DPS troopers, not protesters from Portland.

• Hook 'Em 1

'Reporter'(LOL) chronicles one of the marches:

https://twitter.com/CandiceBernd\

8m

It’s very dark and my video is crap. Protesters are trying to take the highway but there is debate about it

7m

Apologies for the dark video. Maybe 50 holding the interstate. The march is divided

7m

Organizer pleading with protesters to fully take the interstate as it has been an instrument of segregation in Austin. (Like a tuba or clarinet?)

5m

Driver just negotiated passage

Edited by clapclapclap

4 hours ago, BNB said:

I searched Twitter for Austin.
There is an infowars.com article also I saw on twitter, would not normally post, but it is Austin....

Even though Millie is from Infowars, I would still give her the beef. 

White people stopping black people from passing freely through the city, people on bullhorns calling black people n****er in public places...funny, the headlines are the same bu this doesn’t quite have the feel of 1961....

Lulz at “I’m ‘bout to air this bitch out”....

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Homercles said:

What if they’re bussing in 2nd amendment or alt-right types to instigate violence?  

Some in the alt-right would be dumb enough to call for that, but all of them know how that turns out in the end. 

There are idoits out there. Of all stripes. The media loves the Idoits. Best not to encourage idoicy of any stripe in my opinion. People are edgy enough. San Diego had a similar wave of petty vigilanteism on both sides. Lasted for two weeks - then gone. The marches were organized, but no one tolerated violence. The idoicy was shut down quick with curfews. Marches during the day were actually community building. Everyone off the streets in troubled areas at night. City leaders have emergency powers - good police departments follow orders. 

Do the police have this under control?

No real idea who this guy is but here's a stream of tweets with photos from Austin today/tonight.  Boogaloo boys showed up, looks like a few confrontations between different factions at the Garret memorial, cops corralling protestors off the streets. Doesn't seem like much.

EeX6j0UU8AIjfXJ?format=jpg&name=large

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You are unironically correct.

So "relatively peaceful" (since postmodernists removed truth from the knowable.  Nihilists. Fuck the Nihilists). . . . spit. 

Austin has a modern police department I assume. Tonight is a show of force for all the idoits out there. 

13 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Some in the alt-right would be dumb enough to call for that, but all of them know how that turns out in the end. 

There are idoits out there. Of all stripes. The media loves the Idoits. Best not to encourage idoicy of any stripe in my opinion. People are edgy enough. San Diego had a similar wave of petty vigilanteism on both sides. Lasted for two weeks - then gone. The marches were organized, but no one tolerated violence. The idoicy was shut down quick with curfews. Marches during the day were actually community building. Everyone off the streets in troubled areas at night. City leaders have emergency powers - good police departments follow orders. 

Do the police have this under control?

San Diego is like the last place in the US that anyone would riot...