Shooting at Austin protest tonight, 1 dead

clapclapclap

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, Updawg said:

Only certain kinds apparently.

This is surprising to me. Is this DA this all over the place?

I’m no gun nut and don’t own one but this guy seems to be less chargeable then some of the kids that got off

Yeah, it's more bullshit from our D.A.  But in the end, an adult who was looking for random people to murder for pre-meditated reasons is gonna get a more stringent look than the 2 minors playing dipshit gang-banger trying to take out other squad members after hours.  It's not right, but it's a proven formula.  

In a perfect world, the three of these recent high-profile Austin murderers (Sgt. Perry and the two alleged shooters on Sixth Street last month) should be driven to Dallas.  There, they'll be asked to execute the several metroplex realtors who attempted to overturn our nation's democracy.  After they are done with their civic duty, we will have their skulls beaten in with an American flag pole.  When they are choking out on their own blood, Covid-19 style, the flag pole ends will be used to bash the eye holes of anybody who did anything on Sixth Street that night or at the U.S. Capitol on 6 January.  

There's a clearance sale in America this July.  And every violent criminal, traitor or gang banger alike gets to fucking hang.  

I wouldn't wanna be on the wrong side of history if I were some of these guys.  As Heydrich once said, "There are no shortage of meathooks on which to hang enemies of the state."  

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, it's more bullshit from our D.A.  But in the end, an adult who was looking for random people to murder for pre-meditated reasons is gonna get a more stringent look than the 2 minors playing dipshit gang-banger trying to take out other squad members after hours.  It's not right, but it's a proven formula.  

In a perfect world, the three of these recent high-profile Austin murderers (Sgt. Perry and the two alleged shooters on Sixth Street last month) should be driven to Dallas.  There, they'll be asked to execute the several metroplex realtors who attempted to overturn our nation's democracy.  After they are done with their civic duty, we will have their skulls beaten in with an American flag pole.  When they are choking out on their own blood, Covid-19 style, the flag pole ends will be used to bash the eye holes of anybody who did anything on Sixth Street that night or at the U.S. Capitol on 6 January.  

There's a clearance sale in America this July.  And every violent criminal, traitor or gang banger alike gets to fucking hang.  

I wouldn't wanna be on the wrong side of history if I were some of these guys.  As Heydrich once said, "There are no shortage of meathooks on which to hang enemies of the state."  

You could probably make a ton of money doing a joint podcast with Alex Jones.

I wasn’t even sure if this was the right thread for a moment or if you were just dabbing peyote while posting.

14 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

good. 

Give him the Due Process guaranteed by the Constitution. Let a jury decide. 

Best case, he's innocent but out 10s of thousands of dollars which I'm sure he does not have nor can afford. Worst case, he gets it up the ass for years in jail.

This country's obsession with guns is crazy.

Only certain kinds apparently.

This is surprising to me. Is this DA this all over the place?

I’m no gun nut and don’t own one but this guy seems to be less chargeable then some of the kids that got off

The kids who didn’t actually shoot and kill anyone?

On 7/1/2021 at 6:25 PM, Captainant said:

This story makes no sense. You would've had to already have your hand on the gun in order to react as quickly as he did. A soldier is pointing a rifle at you and you can reach for a stored gun, aim it at them, and let of several rounds before they can get one off? No one is that fast.

8 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Many LTC holders do some training for drawing their self defense devices. So yeah, it can be done very quickly.

The claim was that the rifle was pointed at him. By a soldier. Who is also trained. If my brother, The Marine, is pointing an AR 15 at you, you will not make it to your weapon before he fires his. No matter how fast you are. The guy never let off a shot.

Edited by Thatguy

22 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Right…

There is a difference.

The security camera video on 6th shows what happened according to the DA. The erratic dark amateur video of the shooting on Congress doesn’t, so that one can’t be properly assessed.

Besides, at the Congress incident they were adults legally carrying, while the 6th Street shooting the juveniles were not. Big difference, don’t you think?

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

We weren’t there, so I‘ll refrain from judging either gun toter.

I'll go ahead and do it for you,

He was aware of the protests happening that evening and before. Situational awareness is a part of his training. He was annoyed at it all, including the extra logistics. He had his firearm on his lap or open console because he's aware of that he is close to the line of protestors.

He bypasses a red light trying to make a right turn to get past the marchers, but quickly finds himself stuck in rightfully angry humans. He has to make a split second decision -whether to let the protestors beat on his car or speed over and through the crowd. He is now gripped if he wasn't already. He sees a man approaching with an AK, he gets off lethal shots in under 2 seconds. He speeds off through the crowd and calls the police.

• Hook 'Em 2

While I think the soldier/Uber driver showed bad judgement driving towards the mob, he did nothing illegal when he turned into the crowd on Congress.  And are you sure he knew there was going to be a crowd of protestors taking over that street without a permit inthe first place?

The 6th Street shooting was a premeditated clash between two rival factions that had a previous shooting incident in Killeen, and was posted on social media..... according to what law enforcement has said in the media. Pretty obvious what was going on there.

Back to the Congress incident ..... Do you really think the soldier/Uber driver had planned to shoot an unarmed protester, or was just trigger happy when he saw a rifle supposedly aimed at him? Did he post on social media that he was going to hunt down angry protesters to shoot them? Did he take his Uber passenger on a detour route just to cause trouble, or was that an intended route to begin with? I wouldn’t be surprised that the soldier posted derogatory  things about protesters on social media, but that doesn’t prove specific premeditation. 
Of course we all know that cops are generally trained to shoot without further ado armed suspects who they perceive as an immediate deadly threat. Why should it be any different for a non-LEO?

Lots of questions there that should be answered first, IMO. 
I certainly sympathize with the victim, as he seemed to have been a good guy, but the process has a lot more information to be discovered in this case. The 6th Street seems to me pretty clear, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

While I think the soldier/Uber driver showed bad judgement driving towards the mob, he did nothing illegal when he turned into the crowd on Congress.  And are you sure he knew there was going to be a crowd of protestors taking over that street without a permit inthe first place?

He ran a red light and drove into a crowd of pedestrians in plain view. WTF.

Have you actually watched the video or are you just talking out of your ass?

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

It's the correct one. His social media posts and actions support it. 

What do his social media posts say he was planning to do? Just because he probably disparaged them doesn’t mean he was going to shoot them. And how did he know his random Uber call was going to take him into an unsanctioned protest?

Those weren’t “pedestrians”, they were a mob of protestors taking over the street without a permit. If they had had a permit then the soldier would certainly been in the wrong.
In this case, I’ll wait to read the testimony of all involved, particularly his passengers and the protestors who were on that side of his car and had a clear view of what the AK toter was doing. If the dead guy was not pointing his gun at anyone, then soldier is toast, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

What do his social media posts say he was planning to do? Just because he probably disparaged them doesn’t mean he was going to shoot them. And how did he know his random Uber call was going to take him into an unsanctioned protest?

Those weren’t “pedestrians”, they were a mob of protestors taking over the street without a permit. If they had had a permit then the soldier would certainly been in the wrong.
In this case, I’ll wait to read the testimony of all involved, particularly his passengers and the protestors who were on that side of his car and had a clear view of what the AK toter was doing. If the dead guy was not pointing his gun at anyone, then soldier is toast, IMO.

He didn't have a passenger, he was alone in his vehicle. He was driving in a well-lit area of downtown and, if you're driving for Uber, you're probably picking up a lot of rides in that area so you're going to have some familiarity with it. Very good chance he'd already seen the protesters south of 4th street, which is near the location he dropped his last passenger.  Any driver heading east on 4th towards Congress could see the protesters in the middle of the intersection and he ran a red light that had turned red probably four seconds before he got to the intersection. Your pedantic distinction between pedestrians and protesters "takling over the street" (gasp) without a permit is irrelevant to the criminality of his conduct. 

Here's the video of him running that red light:

And here he is on social media expressing his opinions about Black Lives Matter protests:

• Hook 'Em 2

This is what happens when you suspend the rule of law. People freak the fuck out. I was stuck when the march/mob first formed during the day at the very beginning of this shit in Austin for a few seconds with my wife and baby. I made a U turn and drove up on to a curb/sidewalk to get away right in front of a motorcycle cop. I didn't want to be surrounded by a mob of angry druggies.

Then I called 311 and asked where the protest was and what roads were shut down, his response was that there's just mobs of people going wherever they want and shutting down whatever they want. They were wandering around on I35 too. I cancelled the hotel and left Austin. It's not worth the risk to be anywhere near that shit. 

Not saying either side was right or wrong, all sides that are participating in this clusterfuck are playing stupid games, and winning stupid prizes. 

Makes me wonder what ever happened to this guy

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Armybrat said:

That is more info than I’ve seen, but it certainly warrants an indictment.

So, go right ahead and give him a lethal injection.

I honestly don't know you how you reconcile these two statements. The first is true. It deserves an indictment and he'll now go through the legal system to judge his guilt. Why you then decide to include a hyperbolic, strawman argument is beyond me.  

35 minutes ago, Homercles said:

They were druggies?

You decide

This guy did a pretty good job of covering it on the ground. Couldn't get much footage even though zillions of people are filming and uploading because youtube search sucks shit.

32 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

They were all hopped up on marijuana cigarettes.

Yeah I dont know if weed makes you get face tattoos and die your hair purple and never take showers but whatevs. 

image.png

34 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Foster in the red circle

GarrettFoster_AK47-553x485.jpg&f=1&nofb=

With his gun barrel pointed down, with multiple witnesses around him, many/all of whom have said he never raised his gun at Perry and Perry fired multiple times after running a red light aggressively into crowd of people, honking his horn, and intimidating protesters with his car.

Perry was the aggressor here and his claims of self defense are ridiculous when he put himself in that situation and--when taken in context with his social media posts about BLM--it appears highly likely that he instigated the incident with the intent to disrupt, provoke and intimidate protesters. He wanted a confrontation and sought it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

Perry was the aggressor here and his claims of self defense are ridiculous when he put himself in that situation and--when taken in context with his social media posts about BLM--it appears highly likely that he instigated the incident with the intent to disrupt, provoke and intimidate protesters. He wanted a confrontation and sought it out.

If that’s the best they got then it’s “highly likely” he shouldn’t have been indicted.  I used to assume an indictment meant something but it means next to nothing nowadays.

And before either side jumps up and down, I really don’t give a shit about either of these guys.  Carrying legally is fine but pointing and firing is another, this ain’t the Wild West.  We have laws and those actions have risks, let the lawyers battle it out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 7/1/2021 at 7:51 PM, washparkhorn said:

These cases are tailor made for criminal juries. Our liberal gun culture creates unintended consequences that only a jury can sort out.

We must be much smarter as gun owners. Spoiling for a fight with a weapon benefits no one who cares about the Second Amendment. 

Nice mischaracterization of LEGAL gun owners.  Sure there are exceptions because of loonietoon motherfuckers, but most gun owners never intend to aim their weapon at another human being unless threatened, much less "spoil for a fight.".

But keep working the fuck out of the bullshit narrative.

7 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

if that’s the best they got then it’s “highly likely” he shouldn’t have been indicted.

they have video and multiple eyewitness accounts that deny Foster ever threatened him or raised his gun at him. he absolutely should have been indicted and he deserves to have his case presented to a jury of his peers. 

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

Picture clearly shows otherwise

lolol this is as bad and incorrect a take as all you DTers who insisted that he never ran the red light when we have two different videos that prove definitively otherwise.

the picture here clearly shows Fosters gun pointed at the ground. the butt of his rifle is up high covering his right ear, and the barrel of the gun is right there in front of his left forearm pointed almost straight down - just off that girl's chin.

31251196-8573297-A_newly_surfaced_photograph_shows_Garrett_Foster_at_the_driver_s-a-31_1596216266271_LI.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

Nice mischaracterization of LEGAL gun owners. 

It was a characterization of the perp in the case. Legal gunowners should be celebrating his arrest and trial. The is a murky area for many. As a reasonable gun owner, I don't go looking for trouble. The evidence says to me this guy was looking for a fight, and he killed someone. That is poor situational awareness. And never recommended unless one wants to test the criminal system.

Anyone with a modicum of situational awareness avoids that location. Start at the beginning of any books teaching situational awareness. Prime directive is to avoid conflict.

This guy had no business moving towards a conflict. That is a problem for the criminal justice system. I have no doubt he will get a fair trial and a fair jury. Civilized people typically do not appreciate instigators. After all, think of the kids, seriously.  I have no doubt he will have capable attorneys. I trust juries (well, maybe not Chicago).

Good day. 

Serious question - Do you worry he will not get a fair trial (for those who feel a kinship with the accused)? What is the concern at this point?

• Like 1

He has the rifle fully engaged and pointing at the driver (low ready position). A two inch lift from this photo is right inline with the drivers head. 

as for the running a red light, he went right on red correct ?  There was also cross traffic on Congress at the intersection attempting to go west, correct? (The road was not closed and had multiple cars trying to transverse). 

https://specialtactics.me/home/2016/8/17/debate-1-low-ready-vs-high-ready

Edited by ChickenSandwich

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

this photo btw squares with what the eyewitness who was standing right there said, but I'm sure he was just making it up because Black Lives Matter and the DT crowd knows better. 

What am I looking for? What does it demonstrate to a jury? I get what you are saying. It was almost like hunting in one light. 

Edited by washparkhorn