Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Cars and people in streets don't mix.  It's a fucking toxic situation.  Ask Garrett Foster.  Bet he'd like a do over when it comes to permits, people in the streets, traffic and all that became of it.   

If you have a permit, march.  Vehicles will be prohibited.  Barricades will be in place.  If you don't have a permit, get one.  Until then. streets are designed and designated for vehicular traffic. 

This thought today that people can simply set up shop in a roadway is maniacal, unbridled lunacy.  Our city is not only neglecting to address these shitastic situations where people and cars come into contact, they're actually continuing to encourage this type of activity.  Even after a person was shot and killed because of it.

More proof positive that we are simply in the middle of some Bizarro world with no end in sight. 

They're just waiting for a tailgate to break out.  You in your car are the one causing the problem brah.  These are just peaceful protesters.  The streets are theirs, you need to just accept their self anointed rights trump yours....  Learn it, know it, live it......

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'll never understand this country's obsession with "The Nuclear Family."  Most American husbands are assholes, most American children are stupid (mainly their parents fault), and most American wives are fat and/or ugly.  Why are we clinging to this again? 

Perhaps because in every study that’s ever been conducted on average kids from 2 parent homes do better than kids from single parent homes?

Edited by Message Board User
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Perhaps because in every study that’s ever been conducted on average kids from 2 parent homes do better than kids from single parent homes?

We should let the cops and prosecutors know so they stop killing so many black men and putting them in prison for non-violent offenses. It sure would be a debilitating blow to the black community that would cut at their ability to better themselves as a group. 

Unless you don't think that black lives matter, that is.

• Hook 'Em 1

The US has the highest rate of children living in single parent households in the world

Almost a quarter of U.S. children under the age of 18 live with one parent and no other adults (23%), more than three times the share of children around the world who do so (7%). The study, which analyzed how people’s living arrangements differ by religion, also found that U.S. children from Christian and religiously unaffiliated families are about equally likely to live in this type of arrangement.

In comparison, 3% of children in China, 4% of children in Nigeria and 5% of children in India live in single-parent households. In neighboring Canada, the share is 15%.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/12/12/u-s-children-more-likely-than-children-in-other-countries-to-live-with-just-one-parent/

The Statistics of Fatherless Children

The negative effects of a child without a father can be seen in countless studies and reports. The statistics show the importance of a father figure in the majority of children's lives.

According to "What Can the Federal Government Do To Decrease Crime and Revitalize Communities?" from the U.S. Department of Justice, children from fatherless homes account for:

• Suicide: 63 percent of youth suicides
  • Runaways: 90 percent of all homeless and runaway youths
  • Behavioral Disorders: 85 percent of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders
  • High School Dropouts: 71 percent of all high school dropouts
  • Juvenile Detention Rates: 70 percent of juveniles in state-operated institutions
  • Substance Abuse: 75 percent of adolescent patients in substance abuse centers
  • Aggression: 75 percent of rapists motivated by displaced anger

To back up that data from 1998, which continues to be cited by researchers, a 2016 report of teenagers placed in juvenile residential facilities shows that 45 percent were living with only one parent at the time. That is a significant difference when compared to 30 percent of teens in two-parent households.

https://www.liveabout.com/fatherless-children-in-america-statistics-1270392

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

We should let the cops and prosecutors know so they stop killing so many black men and putting them in prison for non-violent offenses. It sure would be a debilitating blow to the black community that would cut at their ability to better themselves as a group. 

So if the 10 unarmed black men who were killed by the police in 2019 (regardless whether or not they were assaulting the police officer) were not killed, none of these problems would exist?  Badass Strawman

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Captainant said:

mrw-i-see-all-these-celebrities-and-comp

True, but it was so hot for a few minutes.  Watching two 5'9" blondes scissor that furiously...it was like Hobby Lobby was imploding in on itself.  

Edited by Lobo

44 minutes ago, Captainant said:

so now we add the putting them in prison for non violent offenses, since your bullshit argument about number of innocent black men killed by cops a year is near zero when you consider the entire population.

I'm sure all those "non violent" men being put in prison were married and/or cohabitating with their wife and children.  wonder how many were actually involved in their families lives.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

so now we add the putting them in prison for non violent offenses, since your bullshit argument about number of innocent black men killed by cops a year is near zero when you consider the entire population.

I'm sure all those "non violent" men being put in prison were married and/or cohabitating with their wife and children.  wonder how many were actually involved in their families lives.

There was actually a whole documentary about the issue, I'd strongly recommend checking it out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

I grabbed this from the "study" above...

In comparison, 3% of children in China, 4% of children in Nigeria and 5% of children in India live in single-parent households. In neighboring Canada, the share is 15%.

Oh snap, I'm sure the kids with dads in China, Nigeria and India are absolutely doing way, way better than US kids with "fatherless" homes.

That you post anything that had that data point, which I don't believe, and lend any validity to anything else it said is beyond comical.

Imma turn on Pat Robertson and get some investigative journalist reporting.

Fucking comical.

Different link/source, not the source of the study/statistics 

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

There was actually a whole documentary about the issue, I'd strongly recommend checking it out.

as with all so-called "documentaries"(conservative or liberal) these are just marketing tools to push an agenda.  plenty of articles out there that take them to task about their "facts".

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I did say it can't... But um.. I wasn't happy about it. 

I guess that makes me racist? Or no? I can't keep up anymore. Fuck it, I'm probably required to stand on the Alt-Right side now I guess?

I dunno.

there is a simple test(no politics)  are you a white guy over 40?

43 minutes ago, Hate said:

Wait, let me this straight. Captain “that’s not a valid source” Ant is posting a documentary as evidence?

cmon now it wasn't presented as evidence.  he was just trying to educate my white privileged self.    something I could watch so I learn the the 13th amendment was a secret poison pill forced upon the black man.

Edited by dcar00

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'll never understand this country's obsession with "The Nuclear Family."  Most American husbands are assholes, most American children are stupid (mainly their parents fault), and most American wives are fat and/or ugly.  Why are we clinging to this again? 

Are you spying on us?

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

Um.. and this might seem like a stupid question, but are there people unaware of the specific associations Netflix has with um, certain political figures? I mean, it's not like they have kept it low key or tried to hide it for crying out loud.

I don’t keep up with any of that.  who does netflix associate with?

12 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Bruh.. come on out to the hills of Tennessee with that shit and see how it goes.  Or swamps of east Texas. Or Southside Chicago.

Fucking bully clowns. Try getting out of your comfort zones and safe spaces with that bullshit. I don't give a fuck what you represent. Fucking with someone's crib is a line, a real clear one and so is putting your hands on an unarmed woman.

Fuck that shit. 

The "protests" have, since the beginning, been filled with these miscreants and should've-been-aborteds...at least the ones "protesting" at night.

The media won't say this because it runs counter to their narrative, and it's the narrative that's important.

But these protests have been violent for the last 2 months up through yesterday...before, during, and after federal intervention.

• Hook 'Em 1

From far away, it looks like a group of assholes harrassing/ trying to beat up a lady on her property.  "Those kids are assholes!"

From up close, they'll see a lady wearing (ironically or seriously - who knows, it's Portland) a swastika armband. "That lady is an asshole!"

I hate Twitter.

4 minutes ago, smoky said:

From far away, it looks like a group of assholes harrassing/ trying to beat up a lady on her property.  "Those kids are assholes!"

From up close, they'll see a lady wearing (ironically or seriously - who knows, it's Portland) a swastika armband. "That lady is an asshole!"

I hate Twitter.

I didn't know it was okay to attack people with political paraphernalia that we don't like. Might be time to start going to commies houses now apparently.

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

I didn't know it was okay to attack people with political paraphernalia that we don't like. Might be time to start going to commies houses now apparently.

Only the chosen ones are allowed to express their beliefs. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

That antifa/Nazi trick-or-treat gone bad is wonderful example of how powerful a lack of context and effective framing can be. We really have no idea what’s going on because we have no idea what led up to it. In the close up video, little miss Nazi pushes an antifa first before Mr. Antifa aggressively tries to borrow her armband. Of course, her push is proceeded by lots of shouting and laser beams in little miss Nazi’s eyes. So violence and aggression begets escalating violence and aggression. Nothing new.

The implication in the tweet is that the antifa hordes are now roaming residential areas looking for more indiscriminate violence. I think the Nazi arm band is a pretty good indication that the tweet isn’t honestly framing the issue. 

Whether anyone is in the right here or they all are terrible is up for debate since we only see a small slice of this wonderful meeting of the minds, but the idea that antifa is on their way to your neighborhood for riots and violence doesn’t seem well supported by a front porch squabble with a Nazi where there is no evidence that anyone was actually hurt. The armband may have been damaged and you can’t just get those of the rack at Montgomery Ward anymore, so I guess there will be some repair costs.

• Hook 'Em 3

I don't give a fuck if she's flying Nazi flags out front of her house.
I don't agree with such expression of the first amendment, but support her right to do so. 
She might be an asshole, but I saw a man put his hands on her and tug her nearly to the ground, on her own front porch. That's assault. 
And Twitter fucking sucks ass. It's the worst of all the dumb fuck social media tools.
So I think we agree? Or at least mostly?

we agree completely.

But something about both videos seems off, like they're part of some performance art piece. That scene doesn't just happen organically. There's more there, but 240 characters doesn't cover it.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Mole said:

Whether anyone is in the right here or they all are terrible is up for debate since we only see a small slice of this wonderful meeting of the minds, but the idea that antifa is on their way to your neighborhood for riots and violence doesn’t seem well supported by a front porch squabble with a Nazi where there is no evidence that anyone was actually hurt. The armband may have been damaged and you can’t just get those of the rack at Montgomery Ward anymore, so I guess there will be some repair costs.

This much isn't up for debate. They both suck.  Natzis and Antifa both suck very much.  I hate Oregon Nazis. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, smoky said:

I hate Twitter.

Lucky she wasn't an Oklahoma Nazi..that would have not ended well.

• Haha 1