Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

11 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Yeah, again, you’re preaching to the choir with me on all of those points.

But why did she assume that the officer doesn’t identify as female?  I mean, what an outrage!  Again, which way do you want it?  Certainly a cop born male but identifying as female should be fine, right?

I mean sure why not ?  BT he's really being a bit hypocritical....

Cajun is obviously trolling, but I'm going to answer sincerely.

I think trolling is against the rules of the forum. Let's see.

But why did she assume that the officer doesn’t identify as female?  I mean, what an outrage!

She assumed the officer's gender because the officer was presenting as male.

If the officer was misgendered, then the way to handle that is to say, "I am a woman."

That's how it works.

Again, which way do you want it?  

I don't know what this question means. I don't think you do, either, so I'll do my best to conjure meaning from this and I apologize if I'm off-base...

Misgendering people accidentally isn't a problem and it's not an "outrage". If you appear to me to be presenting as male and identify as female and I assume you are a male then the response is rarely/never, "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!" from trans people. Unfortunately, this is something trans people have to deal with all the time and their #1 move is to just take it and internalize it. The #2 move MIGHT be a quiet, "I'm a woman."

The screaming, howling trans person in your "what an outrage!" scenario is a bigoted, transphobic cartoon character that doesn't really exist in real life.

Certainly a cop born male but identifying as female should be fine, right?

Perhaps, but that wasn't the case so I'm not sure how it is relevant.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

The dumb guffaws of the cops at a tired Internet meme are so pathetic.

The purpose of requesting a female officer is to protect women from sexual assault and rape at the hands of the state, which happens all the time.

The dipshit pig's response reveals his inability to do that job properly which is the whole problem. He is asked respectfully and he responds like an Internet troll.

Fucking pathetic excuses for men.

he's your people, he already identified as a woman, how dare you not use the proper pronoun you ignorant communist fuck 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

If the officer was misgendered, then the way to handle that is to say, "I am a woman."

That's how it works.

I don't know what this question means. I don't think you do, either, so I'll do my best to conjure meaning from this and I apologize if I'm off-base...

Misgendering people accidentally isn't a problem and it's not an "outrage". If you appear to me to be presenting as male and identify as female and I assume you are a male then the response is rarely/never, "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!" from trans people. Unfortunately, this is something trans people have to deal with all the time and their #1 move is to just take it and internalize it. The #2 move MIGHT be a quiet, "I'm a woman."

The screaming, howling trans person in your "what an outrage!" scenario is a bigoted, transphobic cartoon character that doesn't really exist in real life.

This was what I expected.  To BT mental gymnastics mind pretzel balloon animal bending rationalization bingo = "answer sincerely".

Yes, I was trolling to see if you'd become what I thought you'd become and you didn't disappoint.

I'll accept my bannination now.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

That's how it works.

thats not how it works you homophobic, transphobic, copphobic commonsense phobic white privileged having all thats wrong with the male patriarchy, you dont get to dictate and determine how someone chooses to identify themselves,  check your privilege.  You are whats wrong with this world, manssplanning everything,  you have no right to determine how someone identifies themselves

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Inside view of the PPA building:

Personally, I don't think this tactic is the best way to get the populace on your side:

I'm sorry, but that just cannot be. We've been assured that A. They're just peaceful protesters B. Once the feds left the tensions, and violence would go away.  And C why the very Cabal here has stated both A and B are true.  So you see those pics must be photoshopped.

I for one welcome our ANTIFA, BLM.COM overlords of peace, racial harmony, justice, and prosperity for all who bow down to their particular vision of the world.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Shields are defensive things, so that's cool and good that not only are they being provided but they're learning how to use them to defend themselves against unchecked state power. Good for them. Great tactics!

They can be, and they can be used as cover for offensive moves, which is what the protestors in Portland are doing. 

20 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Terrorist gonna terrorize. 

Who is terrorized by shields?

15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

They can be, and they can be used as cover for offensive moves, which is what the protestors in Portland are doing. 

Can you provide examples of protesters using shields for "offensive moves"? Also, can you provide quoted examples of members of the "cabal" here saying "Once the feds left the tensions, and violence would go away. "

Because it seems like you're just piling lie on top of lie and hoping that enough brazen dishonesty and sarcasm will carry you through. Luckily for you, you've got a lot of compatriots here eager to do the same thing! :D

The reality on the ground in Portland definitely seems to be that tensions rose when the feds arrived and fell when they left. There was basically this same level of action for two months before the feds arrived, so expecting it to disappear is not something anyone actually ever said.

But I do eagerly anticipate your providing evidence of these things I've accused you of being dishonest about. I love to be proven wrong. :)

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Inside view of the PPA building:

Personally, I don't think this tactic is the best way to get the populace on your side:

Are we sure these people are Fascists? Cause violent protests, intimidation tactics sure seem like something that Fascists tend to do.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Like 1

Literal picture-book intellects.

lol fuck me running

c4b822d890fe6d90358f5e2f2561cd56.jpg

ANTIFA isn't fascist at all. Words have meanings. Fascism is authoritarian ultranationalism. They fail both parts of the definition.

Public harassment/violence to combat opposition is a tool fascists have used, but it's also a tool for anarchists and democrats (small d) and theocrats and every ideological group you could imagine aside from, I guess, pacifists.

Not everything you dislike is Hitler.
Not everything you dislike is Stalin.

This reminds me of how a certain type of person compares everything to Harry Potter and Twitter yells "READ ANOTHER BOOK!" at them. Same thing here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

That's how it works.

Actually, nobody gives a shit about you opinion 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Literal picture-book intellects.

lol fuck me running

c4b822d890fe6d90358f5e2f2561cd56.jpg

ANTIFA isn't fascist at all. Words have meanings. Fascism is authoritarian ultranationalism. They fail both parts of the definition.

Public harassment/violence to combat opposition is a tool fascists have used, but it's also a tool for anarchists and democrats (small d) and theocrats and every ideological group you could imagine aside from, I guess, pacifists.

Not everything you dislike is Hitler.
Not everything you dislike is Stalin.

This reminds me of how a certain type of person compares everything to Harry Potter and Twitter yells "READ ANOTHER BOOK!" at them. Same thing here.

Well their mob rule/demands are authoritarian and ultra-unnationalism. Threatening citizens and business owners if they don’t bend the knee to their elementary school ideology. But fascists is way too much credit. Born losers seems more apt. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Well their mob rule/demands are authoritarian and ultra-unnationalism.

Mob rule is the opposite of authoritarianism.

"ultra-unnationalism" is... what? Are you having a stroke?

But fascists is way too much credit. Born losers seems more apt. 

So fascists are winners?

Peaceful vigilantes chanting "Black lives matter!" attack a black police officer and his girlfriend outside her house, vandalize the house, and shot into it with children inside.  The officer had previously been involved in a controversial shooting.

Of course the peaceful media then publishes pics of her house.  No chance that any other whacktivists might want join in the intimidation at a later date...

https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/west/news/wauwatosa/2020/08/09/wauwatosa-police-officer-joseph-mensah-physically-assaulted/3330610001/

Spoiler

Wauwatosa police say Officer Joseph Mensah was physically assaulted outside his home Saturday night and a single shotgun round was fired into the home after a group of 50 to 60 people gathered there to protest the officer who has fatally shot three people over five years.

Mensah's record has caught national attention and spurred multiple protests locally. He was suspended with pay in July by the Wauwatosa Police and Fire Commission, and the families of his three victims say they plan to pursue legal action.

On Saturday, protesters began to vandalize Mensah's home around 8:05 p.m., according to a news release from Wauwatosa police. Mensah "attempted to establish a dialog but was ultimately physically assaulted," the release said.

As Mensah went inside, "armed protesters approached the rear door and a single shotgun round was discharged by a member of the group into Officer Mensah’s backdoor," the release continues.

Several other police departments were called to help disperse the crowd. 

In a Facebook post, Mensah said he was home with his girlfriend and that the shotgun shell missed hitting him by inches.

“I am all for peaceful protests, even against me, but this was anything but peaceful,” Mensah wrote.

“The irony in all of this is that they chanted Black Lives Matter the entire time, but had zero regard for any of the black children that live there or me, a black man,” his post continued.

Investigators were still at the scene of the incident at 2:30 a.m. Sunday. Toilet paper could be seen hanging from the trees outside the home. 

Investigators had left by Sunday afternoon, but a Wauwatosa Police Department squad car was parked outside.

Wauwatosa Police Chief Barry Weber said the investigation was ongoing. 

Wauwatosa police also said they were "actively monitoring reported plans" for protests Sunday. 

Neighbors said they had heard fireworks and loud noises near the house throughout Saturday night. 

"There was a bunch all at once, which we thought were firecrackers, and then after that, there was one louder one," said neighbor Monica, who asked that her last name not be published. 

"It was pretty scary," she added.

Several protests over the shootings have taken place in Wauwatosa in recent weeks, many calling for the removal of Mensah from the department. Protesters have shut down Mayfair mall and clashed with police in the parking lot of The Cheesecake Factory, where 17-year-old Alvin Cole was killed in February. 

During a recent interview on WISN-AM (1130), Mensah said protesters came to his house several weeks ago. 

Mensah's Feb. 2 fatal shooting of Cole is still under investigation. The shootings of Antonio Gonzales and Jay Anderson Jr. were deemed justified self-defense by the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office.

Mensah's attorney, Jonathan Cermele, did not respond Sunday to a request to speak with Mensah. 

Wauwatosa Mayor Dennis McBride said he would be meeting with the police chief and other city officials Monday morning to ensure Mensah is “fully protected and that criminal behavior of this kind will not happen again.

“The City of Wauwatosa has always supported and protected the right to peaceful protest,” McBride said in a statement. “Last night’s event was not a peaceful protest; it was criminal behavior. If the perpetrators of this criminal behavior are identified, they will be prosecuted to the fullest extent allowed by law.

"During this difficult time, I ask all members of the community to reflect on their personal responsibility to engage in responsible and civil behavior,” McBride added.

Former Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker on Sunday tweeted that "this is domestic terrorism" and officials must take action.