Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

¿porque no los dos?

It's not #1 or #2, it's #1 because #2.

No one here approves of the rioting or looting. BLM as an organization doesn't approve of the rioting or looting. That's the factual reality. The emotional reality to OnBoard and his fellows is the opposite, what they believe in their hearts is counter-factual.

But they can't face the factual reality they're looking at so they're prey to grifters like Andy Ngo and dozens of others who literally make a living helping OnBoard and his fellows live more comfortably in a state of cognitive dissonance.

You sure about that...

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/black-lives-matter-holds-rally-supporting-individuals-arrested-in-chicago-looting-monday/2320365/

“I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike store, because that makes sure that person eats,” Ariel Atkins, a BLM organizer, said. “That makes sure that person has clothes.”

“That is reparations,” Atkins said. “Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.”

• Hook 'Em 8

32 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

You sure about that...

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/black-lives-matter-holds-rally-supporting-individuals-arrested-in-chicago-looting-monday/2320365/

“I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike store, because that makes sure that person eats,” Ariel Atkins, a BLM organizer, said. “That makes sure that person has clothes.”

“That is reparations,” Atkins said. “Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.”

Oh you mean thooooose BLM leaders.....  

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm not sure how one can quantify (straw poll? some type of polling) or be sure of their stance, but it sure seems like each side has a strong case for their argument in the "BLM approves and likes the looting and rioting vs BLM does not like looting and rioting"

Edited by Rougarou
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

The logic both simplistic and utterly dangerous.

“He’s a Nazi!” Antifa mob assault a man who tried to stop them from breaking inside the petrol station in downtown Portland. They randomly call him a Nazi to incite the mob to violence.

Everyone that opposes them and does not overtly show support is publicly castigated and labeled a "Nazi" - thus justifying any and all actions against this person up to and including destruction of property, violence, and assault.  

• Shouting down all that oppose them
  • Riots and destruction
  • blocking traffic
  • setting fires
  • beating down Innocent bystanders who dare oppose them
  • creating public fear and threats of continuation if demands are not met
  • quelling of speech

These are the earlier tactics of the Brownshirts.  They are nothing more than a political cudgel at this point and the polling bears this out.  Only now, is Biden and his ilk feeling the heat from disastrous public sentiment and scrambling to try and recover.  Too little.  Too late.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I tried to find some from left leaning news sources but couldn't find any showing the looting, violence, and riots; weird.   But sure, I guess the Oakland Police department is an alt-right news source. 

Obviously I'm not referring to the post from the Oakland PD, dumbass

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, elguapo said:

Obviously I'm not referring to the post from the Oakland PD, dumbass

Are you disputing the videos or that what they are displaying occured?  Otherwise, what's your point?

bad-teammate posts plenty of videos from a different perspective.  It's up to you to be able to take them all in and draw your own conclusions unless you're only interested in one side of what's going on.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, VABuckeye said:

Are you disputing the videos or that what they are displaying occured?  Otherwise, what's your point?

bad-teammate posts plenty of videos from a different perspective.  It's up to you to be able to take them all in and draw your own conclusions unless you're only interested in one side of what's going on.

I'm just making an observation that this thread closely resembles my boomer aunts facebook feed. Sorry if that triggers you.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

On 7/27/2020 at 5:45 PM, blacklab said:

You can post videos, some of which are inside tweets that have other content.

Post a tweet that's all political content with a random static image, you're taking a day off like elguapo is

I swear to god you people are insufferable. 

I enjoy threads like this. I have no idea, nor do I care about the politics behind the people making these tweets. I find what is happening on the videos newsworthy and worth watching. 

If you don't like it don't come in this thread. 

@elguapo, it’s almost like you’ve asked this before but simply don’t like the answer. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

I'm not sure how one can quantify (straw poll? some type of polling) or be sure of their stance, but it sure seems like each side has a strong case for their argument in the "BLM approves and likes the looting and rioting vs BLM does not like looting and rioting"

They quote the one woman every time and... that's it. And even HER statement doesn't actually advocate looting or even express approval/liking of it. She provides an explanation for it and a moral justification, but at no point do I see Atkins advocating further looting. You could argue that her justification provides moral cover for future looting, I guess, but that's flimsy because... who the hell is Ariel Atkins?

Is she actually part of the BLM organization? Honest question, I have no idea. I don't see here on either the national site or a few minutes poking around Chicago groups. All I have to do is write "BLACK LIVES MATTER" on a sign and say "I'm a BLM activist and organizer" and I am now a representative for the BLM organization, right? That's fine, but be ready for that to be the standard in all directions.

BLM's statements on looting are constant attempts to shift the narrative back to what they consider important.

Here is BLM co-founder Aislinn Pulley on looting, and... she's completely correct.

“I think the goal of the preoccupation around property damage and looting specifically, along the Mag Mile and in the heart of the city’s commerce center, works to distract away from the actual cause of the outrage, the important thing is to intervene and remind people what the causal incident was and continues to be.”

This is mainstream media and the Surly DT commentariat right now:

garbage-fire.jpg

One group is whispering "yeah sure police violence is bad" but then shouts "LOOTING! LOOTING! LOOTING! LOOTING!"
Another group is whispering "yeah looting is bad" but then shouts "POLICE VIOLENCE! POLICE VIOLENCE! POLICE VIOLENCE!"

That's not a both-sides equivalence. I think one of those groups is making a lot more sense than the other. One of them is a flare-up that will die quickly (looting) and the other is a centuries-old problem that needs a lot of attention and policy focus (police violence).

I largely, but not entirely, agree with Atkins. I think "reparations" is a dumb phrasing, but I do not care at all about massive corporations being looted. We should make everyone whole who is losing property due to the violence caused by police violence, but morally I do not care about someone smashing open a Macy's and running off with a bag. That offends me morally LESS than the CEO of a corporation like Macy's taking a golden parachute after slashing jobs. That man is 1000x the criminal and we let him off scot-free (#noracist) morally and legally in this country, so chiding me for not hating a broke guy stealing some shoes will fall eternally on deaf ears.

Small shops? That's tragic and we should make those business owners whole. We should bail them out immediately.

And everyone who loots/riots should be subject to the just penalties of law exercised peacefully and fairly by an unbiased justice system. Charge him and run him through the system, but I'm not mad at him emotionally. I don't actually care about his crime more than a jaywalker's. His crimes are a symptom, not the disease.

[edit]

(Also, the Atkins thing stands out in their minds so heavily because she used the word "reparations" and that triggers the very obvious resentments and furies that motivate their entire worldview. It's pretty unavoidable.)

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

@elguapo, it’s almost like you’ve asked this before but simply don’t like the answer. 

Oh look it's the gullible idiot who fell for Andy Ngo's and Co's molotov cocktail misinformation bit.

So you still think Andy Ngo is a credible source even though you foolishly fell for his propaganda?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Oh look it's the gullible idiot who fell for Andy Ngo's and Co's molotov cocktail misinformation bit.

So you still think Andy Ngo is a credible source even though you foolishly fell for his propaganda?

Video I posted wasn’t attributed to NGO (Facebook) but  was it from him?  Have any of his other videos been digitally altered?  Is there evidence of him electronically altering these videos he is posting?  If so I’m unaware as in don’t follow him as you do. 

It’s probably worse than claiming someone was breaking up a fight rather than intimidating his rape victim. Semantics. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Video I posted wasn’t attributed to NGO (Facebook) but  was it from him?  Have any of his other videos been digitally altered?  Is there evidence of him electronically altering these videos he is posting?  If so I’m unaware as in don’t follow him as you do. 

Ngo posts selectively-clipped videos of incidents and then provides dishonest commentary in the text tag above them. He makes affirmative claims he doesn't have evidence force (constantly calling people "ANTIFA" or "BLM" without any evidence of membership or allegiance claim is his favorite right now).

Above there's a video of people marching down a street doing nothing wrong and Ngo's commentary is something like, "BLM rioters smash windows and set fires". On the video, you don't see any BLM stuff nor do you see any windows being smashed or fires being set.

He's a lying grifter that feeds your sort the poisoned food you crave. Enjoy. :)

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s probably worse than claiming someone was breaking up a fight rather than intimidating his rape victim. Semantics. 

giphy.gif

57 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

The logic both simplistic and utterly dangerous.

Everyone that opposes them and does not overtly show support is publicly castigated and labeled a "Nazi" - thus justifying any and all actions against this person up to and including destruction of property, violence, and assault.  

• Shouting down all that oppose them
  • Riots and destruction
  • blocking traffic
  • setting fires
  • beating down Innocent bystanders who dare oppose them
  • creating public fear and threats of continuation if demands are not met
  • quelling of speech

These are the earlier tactics of the Brownshirts.  They are nothing more than a political cudgel at this point and the polling bears this out.  Only now, is Biden and his ilk feeling the heat from disastrous public sentiment and scrambling to try and recover.  Too little.  Too late.  

1.) Label anything other than their manifesto hate speech.

2.) Scream, silence is violence.

3.) ?

4.) Profit

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

So I guess Daily Texan is now a repository for posting alt-right social media content.

Here's the thing. Every single one of these posters who's spamming this board with Daily Caller shit was a regular poster of the Cloak Room on TOS. After bitching about Obama for 8 years, they all exited the CR, posted up shop in the DT, and then began anew. It works well for them. They can criticize leftist political theory, Dem politicians, and libtards to their hearts content. Then, when challenged, say stuff like "hey, take that back to the CR for your lib circle jerk."

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Ngo posts selectively-clipped videos of incidents and then provides dishonest commentary in the text tag above them. He makes affirmative claims he doesn't have evidence force (constantly calling people "ANTIFA" or "BLM" without any evidence of membership or allegiance claim is his favorite right now).

Above there's a video of people marching down a street doing nothing wrong and Ngo's commentary is something like, "BLM rioters smash windows and set fires". On the video, you don't see any BLM stuff nor do you see any windows being smashed or fires being set.

He's a lying grifter that feeds your sort the poisoned food you crave. Enjoy. :)

I don't know much about him, but there was a tweet in this thread and Ngo captioned it something like "No one reporting that 700 black bloc militants rampage Oakland" and the attached video was just white people walking down the street.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

I don't know much about him, but there was a tweet in this thread and Ngo captioned it something like "No one reporting that 700 black bloc militants rampage Oakland" and the attached video was just white people walking down the street.  

I don't ever pay attention to who is tweeting the videos, I just watch.  I assume that makes me sheeple?

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It doesn't.  Imagine marches like the MLK march in Washington in the 60's all over the country in place of the senseless violence, and destruction.  Nah, that wouldn't lead to any change especially when the change you want is the destruction of the nation itself.

but we must catch the news cycle!!

I’m not on Twitter so I have absolutely no idea about who tweets fake news or not. I also never read the comments of any of the tweets linked here because I don’t really care what a bunch of twitter idiots think. I’m pretty sure that twitter is going to be the end of civilization as we know it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It’s probably worse than claiming someone was breaking up a fight rather than intimidating his rape victim.

This is why I'm convinced people just want to burn shit.  "Cops just MURDERED this guy who was just out celebrating his birthday with his kids, and stopped to break up a fight!!

Well, not exactly.  But by the time someone takes a fucking second to get the truth out, WI is burning down.   

Watch the videos from LA yesterday.  "They just shot this man and left him to die, lying face down in the dirt"   Tell me that isn't actively working to flame violence.  Oh the guy who was fist fighting the cops, running away, and tossed a handgun?  That guy?  fuck outta here with that bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 2:05 PM, MillerEP said:

As far as Tactics go, since that's in the title. This thread gives one guy's opinion of what tactics they might be employing and where they are getting their shields and stuff from, how long they take to make, and who makes them, etc. There is a lot more there, with links to their training and stuff, but it's 18 tweets deep, so you can check it out yourselves if you want, I'll try to keep it on topic:

Those shields take three hours each to make if everybody making them is stoned.

So I guess they take three hours to make.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BLKNSTY said:

Jay Bishop, the MAGA that was shot and killed

Despite his beliefs he was still murdered in cold blood.  Not killed, murdered and murders no matter what your views should be condemned.  Just as the stabbings and every other murder should be condemned.

ETA:  It disturbs and disgusts me that anyone celebrates or condones the taking of another life.  

Edited by VABuckeye
  • Hook 'Em 1

Despite his beliefs he was still murdered in cold blood.  Not killed, murdered and murders no matter what your views should be condemned.  Just as the stabbings and every other murder should be condemned.
ETA:  It disturbs and disgusts me that anyone celebrates or condones the taking of another life.  

you should read that at his eulogy, I imagine you’ll be well received amongst them.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

So we should or should not watch the video?