Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

My point is, there is probably a thousand of "these" for every one "Breonna taylor".

And yet, when there is one Breonna Taylor, people will inevitably cry foul that there are a thousand Breonna taylors.

And others will point out that that is not statiscally supported, by showing an example like this, people will cry about "how dare you blame the victim rah rah rah".

This example won't be examined with the nuance that you showed.  It'll be conveniently enumerated as "black man dead, cop man bad"

That's about the gist of it.

Sadly there are plenty of Walkers who think a proper reaction to a hard knock on the door is to fire a weapon through said door and leave your girlfriend while running away instead of calling the police or answering the door. 

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Sadly there are plenty of Walkers who think a proper reaction to a hard knock on the door is to fire a weapon through said door and leave your girlfriend while running away instead of calling the police or answering the door. 

"Police also checked "no" next to the box that says "forced entry" on the form, but witnesses and crime scene photos show officers used a battering ram to force entry into the apartment while Taylor was asleep."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/louisville-police-breonna-taylor-death-incident-report/

5f51971849002.image.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Sorry fuckstick, but it's you and your team that is getting lubed up over the new round of rioting from BLM and associated domestic terrorist groups. I hope it accomplishes everything you hoped it would. Why don't you go up there and join in? 

WTF? Again, your projection is strong, but who in the fuck around here is HAPPY that this shit is going to go down? I’ve spent post after post saying it fucking sucks, and we should do everything we can to address the catalysts. I don’t want to see another broken window, burned building, or shot cop.

The surest way to assure that outcome is to have and apply just and fair rule of law.
Armed is armed. Why are you so hung up in how a weapon is carried. There are plenty of your Marxist brethren that are armed, concealed and unconcealed

Why am I hung up on how a weapon is carried? Because I’ve been around firearms for nearly 50 years, and I’m not a fucking moron - I know the difference between carrying a weapon and brandishing one. And someone brandishing one is a fucking threat. That’s the whole goddamned point.

And we have two shot cops. Shit just keeps getting fucking worse.

This fucking merry go round of cruelty and idiocy just keeps spinning faster. I just want it to stop.

Quick google search indicates a wide range depending on location.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/andrewdepietro/2020/04/23/police-officer-salary-state/amp/
No surprise, the lowest paid are in the most racist states. 

Here’s a look at the bottom-10 states for police officer salaries:

1. Mississippi average police officer salary: $36,290
  2. Arkansas average police officer salary: $40,570
  3. Louisiana average police officer salary: $42,470
  4. South Carolina average police officer salary: $43,520
  5. West Virginia average police officer salary: $44,450
  6. Georgia average police officer salary: $44,700
  7. Tennessee average police officer salary: $45,370
  8. Alabama average police officer salary: $46,510
  9. Kentucky average police officer salary: $46,720
  10. North Carolina average police officer salary: $47,340

They should be defunded, that’ll help.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

WTF? Again, your projection is strong, but who in the fuck around here is HAPPY that this shit is going to go down? I’ve spent post after post saying it fucking sucks, and we should do everything we can to address the catalysts. I don’t want to see another broken window, burned building, or shot cop.

The surest way to assure that outcome is to have and apply just and fair rule of law.

Why am I hung up on how a weapon is carried? Because I’ve been around firearms for nearly 50 years, and I’m not a fucking moron - I know the difference between carrying a weapon and brandishing one. And someone brandishing one is a fucking threat. That’s the whole goddamned point.

And we have two shot cops. Shit just keeps getting fucking worse.

This fucking merry go round of cruelty and idiocy just keeps spinning faster. I just want it to stop.

Well if you truly just want it to stop, then we are in agreement. I don't know what will ever fix this problem, but riots and violence.

Well if you truly just want it to stop, then we are in agreement. I don't know what will ever fix this problem, but riots and violence.

Like any sickness, address the underlying condition, and you reduce/eliminate a shitload of the awful symptoms and outbreaks.

Healthy, functioning, and just societies don’t collapse into massive civil unrest over and over. We should acknowledge the serious problems we have, and all work together to become one of those kind of societies. I mean, we’d end up with not just an absence of bad results, but we’d actually produce a good one - wouldn’t that be cool?

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Like any sickness, address the underlying condition, and you reduce/eliminate a shitload of the awful symptoms and outbreaks.

Healthy, functioning, and just societies don’t collapse into massive civil unrest over and over. We should acknowledge the serious problems we have, and all work together to become one of those kind of societies. I mean, we’d end up with not just an absence of bad results, but we’d actually produce a good one - wouldn’t that be cool?

Sadly, I guess there are people that will always have hate for certain races or any race not their own. I don't get it but it's just reality

Sadly, I guess there are people that will always have hate for certain races or any race not their own. I don't get it but it's just reality

We can’t fix every man’s heart. But we can do a lot to fix the systems and institutions that work for us. If those systems don’t protect bad actors and racists, then their power to do harm is greatly diminished.

The “silent ones”, I’ll tell you one thing, if “they” try that shit in my neighborhood, they’ll be carried out.

It’s too much “unseen” money behind this movement that is starting to unrest the population. I love my country and I’m even a veteran from days gone by, but today’s youth is miss-guided by either time or today’s education system. It can’t last!

We always use to joke that the “liberal youth” would change once they had to start paying taxes. Now they just don’t give a shit!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

The “silent ones”, I’ll tell you one thing, if “they” try that shit in my neighborhood, they’ll be carried out.

It’s too much “unseen” money behind this movement that is starting to unrest the population. I love my country and I’m even a veteran from days gone by, but today’s youth is miss-guided by either time or today’s education system. It can’t last!

We always use to joke that the “liberal youth” would change once they had to start paying taxes. Now they just don’t give a shit!

Uh oh...you’ll get accused of murder fantasies for saying you would defend your house. I know because I wake up every morning just praying that some rioter will come to my house so I can shoot them. As a matter of fact, I’m going to go rub one out while I think about that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

who shot him ?

Don't know yet.

Might've been BLM protesters.
Might've been psychopaths using BLM protests as cover.
Might've been anti-BLM people trying to make the movement look bad.
Might've been accidental shots from other police.
Might've been completely fabricated and no officers were shot at all.

Obviously some of those are more likely than others (I ranked them in descending order according to my own useless estimations), but I would caution against anyone spiking an ideological football just yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

FreeRequiredBlackcrappie-size_restricted.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, msucolt45 said:

No - not wanting it at all. I have two “colleges aged kids” that are being miss-guided as we speak. I will tell you one thing though, if the “Shit” hit my block, Longhorn sweatshirt or not, you reach my Casa and you’ll wish you wouldn’t have!

You can’t even spell misguided and I’m supposed to trust your judgement with a firearm. #America

Pro-tip: Actual badasses/tough guys and truly cold mortherfuckers don’t have to project how tough they are to the rest of the world. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3