Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

15 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

The “silent ones”, I’ll tell you one thing, if “they” try that shit in my neighborhood, they’ll be carried out.

It’s too much “unseen” money behind this movement that is starting to unrest the population. I love my country and I’m even a veteran from days gone by, but today’s youth is miss-guided by either time or today’s education system. It can’t last!

We always use to joke that the “liberal youth” would change once they had to start paying taxes. Now they just don’t give a shit!

God I admire you.

Say what kind of name is poon anyway?

Comanche Indian. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

All I can say to you “Helobious” is when the Shit hits the fan, you’ll wish that I was on your side!

I’d strongly wager you’d run and hide if shit got real, just based on the people I’ve known that talk like you in real life. I’ll pass, thanks.

• Hook 'Em 1

Look Helobious, I “volunteered” to serve my country out of high school. Served for almost 7 years, got out and continued my education. While going to school from roughly 8-12, I worked the 4-12 shift at the Williamson CO jail. So I’ve seen both “sides” of the bars real close!

Life experiences- I’ve got them!
Guns and the way to know how to use them - got it!
20+ years of competition shooting - got it!
Hell, I even reload my own bullets!

Not to worry your “internet bad ass phase”, but I sleep well at night! Sleep Apnea be damned!

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’d strongly wager you’d run and hide if shit got real, just based on the people I’ve known that talk like you in real life. I’ll pass, thanks.

I don’t think he realizes that he’s on Surly, where most of us are a) armed, b) willing to protect our families, and c) are secure enough in our lives that we don’t have to go around bragging about it.

People who brag like that are the same dweebs that cosplay like they are going to patrol Fallujah.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Look Helobious, I “volunteered” to serve my country out of high school. Served for almost 7 years, got out and continued my education. While going to school from roughly 8-12, I worked the 4-12 shift at the Williamson CO jail. So I’ve seen both “sides” of the bars real close!

Not to worry your “internet bad ass phase”, but I sleep well at night! Sleep Apnea be damned!

Ok, cool.

Hook 'em.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Like any sickness, address the underlying condition, and you reduce/eliminate a shitload of the awful symptoms and outbreaks.

Healthy, functioning, and just societies don’t collapse into massive civil unrest over and over. We should acknowledge the serious problems we have, and all work together to become one of those kind of societies. I mean, we’d end up with not just an absence of bad results, but we’d actually produce a good one - wouldn’t that be cool?

Brisket-

Here we have a bunch of grads from the University of Texas who don't even understand that all this is just one big lesson on how Silent Collusion works. It is extremely baffling, considering that even the most basic sexual harassment programs in our workplaces teach the effects of it.

• Like 1

Brisket-
   Here we have a bunch of grads from the University of Texas who don't even understand that all this is just one big lesson on how Silent Collusion works. It is extremely baffling, considering that even the most basic sexual harassment programs in our workplaces teach the effects of it.

I truly don’t get it. I really don’t, except that it involves a failure/inability to step out of yourself and realize there are completely different experiences out there. Which is not an uncommon human path...but we can do better.

Nearly 400 years of treating blacks people as less than fully human, fully American. And we don’t think there continues to be an enormous institutional hangover from that? Seriously? It’s preposterous NOT to think so.

And then layer on one of our most broken systems, law enforcement...and again, come on.

Why do we spend 1000x more energy denying the issue and doing all we can to distract and deflect....instead of just fucking working to fix it?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Brisket-

I truly don’t get it. I really don’t, except that it involves a failure/inability to step out of yourself and realize there are completely different experiences out there. Which is not an uncommon human path...but we can do better.

Nearly 400 years of treating blacks people as less than fully human, fully American. And we don’t think there continues to be an enormous institutional hangover from that? Seriously? It’s preposterous NOT to think so.

And then layer on one of our most broken systems, law enforcement...and again, come on.

Why do we spend 1000x more energy denying the issue and doing all we can to distract and deflect....instead of just fucking working to fix it?

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I put that in bold because it's the most mysterious part to me. I ask you this because I honestly do not know. Is there some underlying issue that prevents people from being able to admit there is indeed a problem? What I mean by that is do people feel like there would be some indictment on them? Do they think admitting that would open the door to 40 acres and a mule?

You can talk lightly of Desert Storm all you want. Having been there, as a young/worried 20 year old, I flew to Saudi on Christmas Day. I listened to Whitney Houston sing the National Anthem on the the MFng radio, then later listened to the Bills miss the game winning FG vs the Giants. I can’t forget the MFng Cotton Bowl that took place on New Years vs Miami!!!

The day before the ground war started, we went into MOPP-3, meaning the threat of the Iraqi Army using any form of “GAS” on us was imminent!

Yes, thank God I was only there for 141 days and it basically went “smoothly”. I did learn a few things while there: how to bathe in 1 Liter of water! Brushing your teeth and washing your hair makes you feel “cleaner”!

I went over twenty days with eating only MREs, and back then they had like six options, so the likely percentage of repetitive meals were high. I listened to Tesla’s “Five Man Acoustical Jam” so many times I could learn to play the guitar!

Since then, I’ve never taken eating with utensils lightly, never scoffed at having clean laundry at my disposal, and always appreciated having the opportunity to take a shower when desired!

Since then, when my family suggested a picnic or camping out, I’ve always said I’ll pass! I still hate eating outside to this day!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

al-bundy-polk-steelers1.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Look Brisket - as a “life long Longhorn Fan”, I’d much rather be sitting next to you, freezing my ass off, at that miserable day in the Cotton Bowl, than listening to it on the other side of the Earth!

Why the fuck do you use quotations so fucking often? God damn learn to write.

• Hook 'Em 1

Time for actual content.

Denver:  They picked the wrong Volvo to harass.  Ends up tossing a plumber and crushing it's bike.

Dallas:  "It actually stands for Blocking Lives Matter.  Why do you ask?"

St. Petersburg steps it up.

Buffalo:  The mob finally gets what they've long been trying to incite.

• Like 1

Time for actual content.

Denver:  They picked the wrong Volvo to harass.  Ends up tossing a plumber and crushing it's bike.

[/url] Dallas:  "It actually stands for Blocking Lives Matter.  Why do you ask?"

St. Petersburg steps it up.

Buffalo:  The mob finally gets what they've long been trying to incite.

Haha. Our buddy in St Pete who was seen earlier threatening to beat that the boyfriends old ass at the restaurant is seen walking on top of the Mercedes. Sucks the Benz didn’t take off with him on it

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, msucolt45 said:

You can talk lightly of Desert Storm all you want. Having been there, as a young/worried 20 year old, I flew to Saudi on Christmas Day. I listened to Whitney Houston sing the National Anthem on the the MFng radio, then later listened to the Bills miss the game winning FG vs the Giants. I can’t forget the MFng Cotton Bowl that took place on New Years vs Miami!!!

The day before the ground war started, we went into MOPP-3, meaning the threat of the Iraqi Army using any form of “GAS” on us was imminent!

Yes, thank God I was only there for 141 days and it basically went “smoothly”. I did learn a few things while there: how to bathe in 1 Liter of water! Brushing your teeth and washing your hair makes you feel “cleaner”!

I went over twenty days with eating only MREs, and back then they had like six options, so the likely percentage of repetitive meals were high. I listened to Tesla’s “Five Man Acoustical Jam” so many times I could learn to play the guitar!

Since then, I’ve never taken eating with utensils lightly, never scoffed at having clean laundry at my disposal, and always appreciated having the opportunity to take a shower when desired!

Since then, when my family suggested a picnic or camping out, I’ve always said I’ll pass! I still hate eating outside to this day!

Welcome back, hitby! Missed you!

I put that in bold because it's the most mysterious part to me. I ask you this because I honestly do not know. Is there some underlying issue that prevents people from being able to admit there is indeed a problem? What I mean by that is do people feel like there would be some indictment on them? Do they think admitting that would open the door to 40 acres and a mule?

Nobody here has denied there is an issue. Goddamn. You and Brisket act like there haven’t been pages and pages of posters acknowledging that something needs to be done. I have no idea why y’all insist on coming back to this particular lie, but you do. You can both acknowledge there is an issue and not support rioting. Peacefully protesting has universal support here.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Hate said:

Nobody here has denied there is an issue. Goddamn. You and Brisket act like there haven’t been pages and pages of posters acknowledging that something needs to be done. I have no idea why y’all insist on coming back to this particular lie, but you do. You can both acknowledge there is an issue and not support rioting. Peacefully protesting has universal support here.

IMG_6143.png

37 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

"Kill All Cops And Their Family"

In that NYTIMES articled I linked yesterday, There was also this quote in there:

They gathered in an unlit park in a residential neighborhood around 8 p.m. Everyone wore black, including some protesters who had on body armor and motorcycle helmets. They hastily set up picnic tables and supply booths in the dark, using cellphones for light to showcase their goods. There was a food table overflowing with protein bars and Monster energy drinks.

A small free literature selection was set up on the grass and overseen by three people in ski masks. It was a popular offering, and people crowded around, craning to see the pamphlets.

Titles included “Why Break Windows”; “I Want To Kill Cops Until I’m Dead”; “Piece Now, Peace Later: An Anarchist Introduction to Firearms”; “In Defense of Smashing Cameras”; and “Three-Way Fight: Revolutionary Anti-Fascism and Armed Self Defense.”

I googled those titles, They come from An Anarchists Library.

https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/narcissa-black-kcbg-and-annonymous-others-i-want-to-kill-cops-until-i-m-dead

Absolute Hostility

To begin, we wish to address a simple yet potentially contentious issue which will form the basis of our appeal here. Police Officers must be killed, the families of Police Officers must be killed, the children of Police Officers must be killed, the friends and supporters of Police Officers must be killed. We mean this both materially and immaterially (though both meanings do not necessarily apply to all of the above examples[2]); in undoing the murderous reign of terror inflicted upon us by the guardians of ‘civilization’, it is required not only to wipe them from the face of the earth; but further that we act in such extremity that the reemergence of any ‘police style’ force inside the reality proceeding policings’ annihilation is not only discouraged, but is in fact impossible.

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Hate said:

People feel oppressed. Their cries are ignored for a couple decades. Something happens that's considered the straw(Watts Riots). Protesting and rioting happens. The nation is appalled. More Law and Order.  20-25 years go by. Something happens that's considered the straw(Rodney King). Protesting and rioting happen. The nation is appalled. More law and order. 20-25 more years go by. Something happens that is considered the straw(George Floyd). Protesting and rioting happens. The nation is appalled. More law and order.

We have no one to blame but ourselves. We do not have the right to complain about protesting when he have done nothing to address the situation for the last 55 years. Bottom line, we need to address the situation as a whole before it blows up into something ugly. It's called preventative maintenance.

• Like 1

People feel oppressed. Their cries are ignored for a couple decades. Something happens that's considered the straw(Watts Riots). Protesting and rioting happens. The nation is appalled. More Law and Order.  20-25 years go by. Something happens that's considered the straw(Rodney King). Protesting and rioting happen. The nation is appalled. More law and order. 20-25 more years go by. Something happens that is considered the straw(George Floyd). Protesting and rioting happens. The nation is appalled. More law and order.
   We have no one to blame but ourselves. We do not have the right to complain about protesting when he have done nothing to address the situation for the last 55 years. Bottom line, we need to address the situation as a whole before it blows up into something ugly. It's called preventative maintenance.

Right. So did the rioting help?