Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/us/black-lives-matter-protests-tactics.html

Wow, we are now to the point of,  "take down your American Flag or we will burn your house down."

PORTLAND, Ore. — Terrance Moses was watching protesters against police brutality march down his quiet residential street one recent evening when some in the group of a few hundred suddenly stopped and started yelling.

Mr. Moses was initially not sure what the protesters were upset about, but as he got closer, he saw it: His neighbors had an American flag on display.

“It went from a peaceful march, calling out the names, to all of a sudden, bang, ‘How dare you fly the American flag?’” said Mr. Moses, who is Black and runs a nonprofit group in the Portland, Ore., area. “They said take it down. They wouldn’t leave. They said they’re going to come back and burn the house down.”

Mr. Moses and others blocked the demonstrators and told them to leave.

“We don’t go around terrorizing folks to try and force them to do something they don’t want to do,” said Mr. Moses, whose nonprofit group provides support for local homeless people. “I’m a veteran. I’m for these liberties.”

Edited by BNB
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, BNB said:

Wow, we are now to the point of,  "take down your American Flag or we will burn your house down."

JFC, only in a country with such freedoms that you can demand sed flag is reprehensible....burn your own goddamn flag, but encroachment onto private property with threats of death and destruction is how you get full of holes....

The "anti-fascists" again using fascist tactics is not lost on most.

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

... but encroachment onto private property with threats of death and destruction is how you get full of holes....

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, BNB said:

Are "we"? lol

One person said a thing in a nation of 300M. Time to make a mountain out a molehill for COMPLETELY MYSTERIOUS AND UNKNOWABLE reasons.

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

yup. unbelievably well-orchestrated take down of the world's sole superpower.

we've given the rest of the world decades of material on how to do it. it was just a matter of time before someone got smart and sowed the seeds of disconnect in our backyard. putin doesn't give a shit which party is in "power". he just wants us to hate our neighbors and question everything about our government and officials. play both sides by spamming the shit out of social media and the internet with content which vilifies the "other" side.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Uh, oh....BLM/Antifa did some stupid shit again, time for the trolls to get back on the ice and play defense....

giphy.gif

Lol you're using 50 year old tactics to discredit the civil rights movement to discredit the BLM movement. Give me a fucking break. 

Maybe go check in on one of your andy ngo acolytes or ben shapiro to get some new pearls to clutch. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Lol you're using 50 year old tactics to discredit the civil rights movement to discredit the BLM movement. Give me a fucking break. 

Maybe go check in on one of your andy ngo acolytes or ben shapiro to get some new pearls to clutch. 

50 years ago mobs of people threatened to burn people's houses down that flew the American flag.  Do tell....

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

we've given the rest of the world decades of material on how to do it. it was just a matter of time before someone got smart and sowed the seeds of disconnect in our backyard. putin doesn't give a shit which party is in "power". he just wants us to hate our neighbors and question everything about our government and officials. play both sides by spamming the shit out of social media and the internet with content which vilifies the "other" side.

it was such a simple formula and it has worked perfectly. things are only going to get worse.

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

it was such a simple formula and it has worked perfectly. things are only going to get worse.

this discussion can get political real quick but it will depend on what administration is elected for the next 4 years. the current admin doesn't seem too interested in keeping russia at bay. regardless, russia's attempt at subverting our democracy will never stop. at least as long as they have avenues like facebook which allows all kinds of stupid, nonsensical bullshit to be posted and people are stupid enough to believe the bs as gospel.

at the root of it, the american people are to blame. can't incite misplaced anger and racism which wasn't already there. as long as the left idiots and the right idiots are so easily duped...

Edited by crash_davis

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

will never stop

Will never?  I think you mean "have" never?  Would we all like a history lesson on their "special disinformation office" formed in 1923?  The history of the GPU & KGB?  Operation INFEKTION? Maybe the entirety of the Cold War?  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

this discussion can get political real quick but it will depend on what administration is elected for the next 4 years. the current admin doesn't seem too interested in keeping russia at bay. regardless, russia's attempt at subverting our democracy will never stop. at least as long as they have avenues like facebook which allows all kinds of stupid, nonsensical bullshit to be posted and people are stupid enough to believe the bs as gospel.

at the root of it, the american people are to blame. can't incite misplaced anger and racism which wasn't already there. as long as the left idiots and the right idiots are so easily duped...

well, if you're trying to take down a country from within using the tactic of sowing division and hatred towards the other, obviously you'll want someone in power whose sole platform is divisiveness and hatred of the other. but even if that doesn't happen, i think the damage is too severe at this point. there is no longer trust in our institutions and the effect is the near total erosion of the rule of law. i think the fatal blow has already been dealt, we just need to bleed out at this point.

but yes, ultimately it's our own ignorance as a society that has led to our downfall. russia just found ways to exploit that weakness.

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Will never?  I think you mean "have" never?  Would we all like a history lesson on their "special disinformation office" formed in 1923?  The history of the GPU & KGB?  Operation INFEKTION? Maybe the entirety of the Cold War?  

true but that shit never caught on like wild fire. but then again facebook and the internet wasn't around. as colt said above, we may be beyond the point of no return.

true but that shit never caught on like wild fire. but then again facebook and the internet wasn't around. as colt said above, we may be beyond the point of no return.

I disregard the notion that a few hundred thousands dollars in ads is what set this in motion and to the point of calamity.....but that is an argument for another thread.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

I disregard the notion that a few hundred thousands dollars in ads is what set this in motion and to the point of calamity.....but that is an argument for another thread.  

you have higher faith in the american public than i do. we are a stupid bunch. doesn't take much to push buttons on either sides. 

in the last 5 or 6 decades, how many countries have we caused chaos around the world? why would we be so immune?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I have hope that the non-boomer generations who grew up with computers see thru all the internet Nigerian Prince Russia Propaganda. My boomer parents fall for so much bullshit it is scary. My kid's first response to anything he reads is "that's probably fake". Those surly fuckers are our only hope.

• Hook 'Em 3

you have higher faith in the american public than i do. we are a stupid bunch. doesn't take much to push buttons on either sides. 

in the last 5 or 6 decades, how many countries have we caused chaos around the world? why would we be so immune?

A reduction in the quality of our spies.....

K1XGul.gif

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Yeah, could you imagine systematically discrediting and undermining the intel community and defunding and deprioritizing all efforts to stymie russian interference?? You'd think it would be a national scandal

Sandy Vag is extra raw today....notice how he totally glossed over his earlier bullshit lie about how 50 years ago people threatened to burn houses displaying the American flag....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Sandy Vag is extra raw today....notice how he totally glossed over his earlier bullshit lie about how 50 years ago people threatened to burn houses displaying the American flag....

Ok, gomer flathead - are you really going misreprent my post as saying "lol there were mobs 50 years ago what the big deal??" You're putting words in my mouth and making a comparison that I wasn't making.

I'm saying it's a decades-old tactic to use fringe actions to discredit a wider social movement. Especially when it's to further subjugate black folks.

Just now, Captainant said:

Ok, gomer flathead - are you really going misreprent my post as saying "lol there were mobs 50 years ago what the big deal??" You're putting words in my mouth and making a comparison that I wasn't making.

I'm saying it's a decades-old tactic to use fringe actions to discredit a wider social movement. Especially when it's to further subjugate black folks.

Words in your mouth?  LOL.  You are a giant pussy that got called out by the mods and now a fucking liar.  Own it you twat.  

50 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Uh, oh....BLM/Antifa did some stupid shit again

Referencing of course threats of burning peoples fucking houses down

44 minutes ago, Captainant said:

50 year old tactics to discredit the civil rights movement to discredit the BLM movement.

To which is responded about evidence of 50 years ago threats of burning houses to the ground that dared to fly the American flag?

You a fucking unhinged.....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Words in your mouth?  LOL.  You are a giant pussy that got called out by the mods and now a fucking liar.  Own it you twat.  

Referencing of course threats of burning peoples fucking houses down

To which is responded about evidence of 50 years ago threats of burning houses to the ground that dared to fly the American flag?

You a fucking unhinged.....

What am I lying about? Tell me specifically what claim that I made that I am lying about. Not what you said that I said.

Also, I didn't get called out "by the mods" - I got called out by a salty boomer who doesn't like his hypocrisy being called out on allowing political disinformation to proliferate through his """current events and news""" board. I don't have any references for the anecdote that you're demanding I provide - which I why I didn't make that claim. See how that works?

I'm talking about shit like "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" (the 60's version, not the current day version) in which local sheriffs used racially fueled civil unrest and rioting to justify sweeping black and minority communities with broken windows policing. Sort of like how the feds are currently using racially fueled civil unrest and rioting to justify declaration of "anarchist jurisdictions" to justify removing of further social safeguards that will adversely affect black and minority communities (read: unilateral withholding of federally appropriated funds) to incite further rioting.

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

What am I lying about? Tell me specifically what claim that I made that I am lying about. Not what you said that I said.

Also, I didn't get called out "by the mods" - I got called out by a salty boomer who doesn't like his hypocrisy being called out on allowing political disinformation to proliferate through his """current events and news""" board. I don't have any references for the anecdote that you're demanding I provide - which I why I didn't make that claim. See how that works?

I'm talking about shit like "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" (the 60's version, not the current day version) in which local sheriffs used racially fueled civil unrest and rioting to justify sweeping black and minority communities with broken windows policing. Sort of like how the feds are currently using racially fueled civil unrest and rioting to justify declaration of "anarchist jurisdictions" to justify sweeping black and minority communities with broken windows policing.

Like I said, giant twat....lol

This what Terrence does for the homeless here in Portland.

https://katu.com/news/local/portland-man-battles-homelessness-through-trash-collection

PORTLAND, Ore. — Take a look inside Terrance Moses's basement, and you'll find all the ingredients for a care kit -- things that help people survive out on the streets.

There are bins full of socks, blankets, toiletries, flashlights, batteries and toiletries for men, women, and children.

Moses delivers them to the homeless six days a week. He spends four hours a day driving to camps, cars, and RVs all over North Portland. Moses gently approaches people and asks if they have trash they'd like him to clear.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

This what Terrence does for the homeless here in Portland.

https://katu.com/news/local/portland-man-battles-homelessness-through-trash-collection

PORTLAND, Ore. — Take a look inside Terrance Moses's basement, and you'll find all the ingredients for a care kit -- things that help people survive out on the streets.

There are bins full of socks, blankets, toiletries, flashlights, batteries and toiletries for men, women, and children.

Moses delivers them to the homeless six days a week. He spends four hours a day driving to camps, cars, and RVs all over North Portland. Moses gently approaches people and asks if they have trash they'd like him to clear.

He's also a veteran I believe - hence the appreciation for a flag he served to protect.  

46 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Dude. PUT. HIM. ON. IGNORE. In fact, you'd be doing all of us a favor if you stopped quoting him

• Hook 'Em 3