Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

30 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Remind me who is the player is that married his high school sweetheart, hasn't gotten caught up in BS all these years, has a school he built for underprivileged kids, and multiple other charities? I can't seem remember that player's name...

I don't give a shit good or bad about him.  But he also likes to stick his ass into situations and when he gets pushback, then bitches out.  I already stated what other players think of him.  

53 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Bruh, watch the social dilemma on Netflix. That is exactly, 100% how the AI is designed. To polarize and surround those 2 groups by like minded folks in a echo chamber circle jerk. Giving us flat earthers, anti-vaxxers, Trump and Biden.

It leaves we middle folks lost.

Welcome to the fucking matrix. 

Its the single greatest problem we face across our society. 

and yet here we are - in shit threads like this posting garbage over and over again to appease our lizard brains. Too warped mentally to understand and admit we are adding to the problem.

This thread is Exhibit A here. Just the asshole of the internet

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Look, let's not accuse BabaYaga of being a racist. I want to be fair here.

Now just imagine if you asked a racist his or her thoughts on the NBA.

I imagine the first thing they'd talk about is how they've stopped watching because of "all of the politics" and how the NBA is a dying sport full of SJWs

"There is a reason golf and the UFC are killing it in the ratings and basketball ratings are down 40% despite playoff implications.  People have stated again and again how inundated politics is in every facet of their lives.  How sports used to be/is a bastion of relief and escape from it all.  

They see the hypocrisy with these athletes virtue signalling on selective topics and avoiding others all together"

Then they'll typically go off on a rant about LeBron James, as he is sort of the face of BLM and activism in the NBA

Jesus you are almost too stupid for words.  First of all, China absolutely said shut the fuck up and dribble and he did.  Try another avenue.  Michael Rapaport is goods friends with many current NBA players.  Is a hyper-democrat, and has stated publicly from conversations with current players that Lebron is THE MOST FAKE player/person in the NBA.  He sticks his finger in the air to get a feel for what he should protest or support next.  This is coming from current players calling him on his bullshit, so maybe take this deflection bullshit somewhere else for a player that inserts himself into this shit and then cries foul when pushed on it.  

Then of course, when they get a few drinks in them, they'll let it out a bit and let you know that NBA players are all thugs

First time NBA players have ever pulled out of something......

That's the extent of posts that Baba has made about basketball or the NBA on here. Zero other posts, no contributions to the basketball threads, etc. His sole interest in the NBA are ratings, LeBron James, and SJWs. He seems to know or care nothing for the actual sport itself, but he's oddly well read on LeBron's politics and how people feel about it, the NBA's ratings as compared to other sports, and the NBA players' off court behavior.

So look, we can't definitively say that BabaYaga is a racist. Let's be fair. All we can say is that if you were to sketch out exactly how a racist would respond to a conversation about the NBA, it would look identical to how he behaves.

What rent do I need to charge in this twats little head?  Of course I'm a racist now.  You can set your fucking watch to it....

I mean, how racist do you have to be to acknowledge how ratings are plummeting in sports steeped in politics as polling has verified time and time again.  It's almost as if people want a break from it? 

And commentary publicly stated by an actor and comedian with known friends in the NBA about a play of significance being "fake".  Obviously racist as well.  Of course.  And NBA players?  Out of wedlock kids....the jokes write themselves.....but only the racist ones.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

What rent do I need to charge in this twats little head?  Of course I'm a racist now.  You can set your fucking watch to it....

I mean, how racist do you have to be to acknowledge how ratings are plummeting in sports steeped in politics as polling has verified time and time again.  It's almost as if people want a break from it? 

And commentary publicly stated by an actor and comedian with known friends in the NBA about a play of significance being "fake".  Obviously racist as well.  Of course.  And NBA players?  Out of wedlock kids....the jokes write themselves.....but only the racist ones.  

Can’t win the argument so they just call people racist.  This thread is a lot easier to read when you have half of these knuckle dragging dolts on ignore.  I mean I got called racist for responding lol.  It’s comical at this point.  These guys are all histrionic and I am really enjoying it.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Can’t win the argument so they just call people racist.  This thread is a lot easier to read when you have half of these knuckle dragging dolts on ignore.  I mean I got called racist for responding lol.  It’s comical at this point.  These guys are all histrionic and I am really enjoying it.

Whatever cocksucker.  You’ve been added to ignore with the rest of the low brain power dipshits.  🤡 

I put that fucking simpleton on ignore.  I've added a few more of his dumbfuck compadres today too.  There are a lot of stupid ass milquetoast motherfuckers that post on this site.  It's pretty great that they're revealing themselves too.

Hilarious take.  You’re going on ignore with DD and the other 🤡.

Just put him on ignore.  He brings zero value.  His rep only validates that the Cloak Room is a bastion of self-congratulating simpletons.

This guy can’t get dunked on enough.  I have him on ignore because he needs to be dunked on...a lot.

Fondren & Main cares so little about what you think of him that he makes it a point almost daily to remind everyone that he's ignoring them. I'm happy that he's been able to create a safe space for himself, though.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Your comment that white people determine what gets enforced is not accurate. The law is the standard. That there are people who don't follow the law doesn't change that fact that for the most part.

Creating wealth is easier if you're white, I would agree with that.

You're correct, we don't get to determine it with precision -- we don't directly tell Officer Punisher to go hassle those black guys over there for jaywalking, even though he just saw 50 white people doing the exact same thing.  We don't determine it at the granular level (which is what each shitty situation is -- an individual shitty event).

What we DO determine is the overall approach to policing that results in these outcome.  We have demanded "law and order" and "protect us from those thugs" over and over -- shit, it's all over my TV in campaign ads right now.  It's a campaign platform for a crapload of public officials, and it works, because the voters vote for it.  And we so worship and want those cops to go out and "take care of the bad guys" that we've happily gone along as nearly all accountability has been erased.  And we ignored, for decades, when black people told us "hey guys....y'all know the cops are racist, right?   I get pulled over and hassled three times for every time you do.  I get handcuffed when I get pulled over, you get told to have a nice day."  So, by our inaction, we rewarded continuing bad conduct.

Our cops and elected officials are giving us the approach we have asked for, rewarded, and about which we have purposefully ignored/whistled right past all evidence of racial disparity in the application of the law.

Setting aside the extreme of some separatist radicals from the Peoples Front of Judea, that's what the rest of us want to change: stop creating and rewarding a culture of "law and order" at all costs with no accountability; stop ignoring the evidence of racial disparity in the application of the law.  We are perfectly capable of demanding that our elected officials and cops perform in a certain way -- we've proven that.  So, let's do the same thing, but now, ask them to perform in a DIFFERENT way.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yes. Any online forum where there’s user to user interaction is social media.

yes this. I think any place where we can choose our content and what we look = internet really. I think using the term 'social media' is limiting and also keeping us mistakenly in just the last 5 to 10 years or so, when its a 20+ year problem that Al Gore gave us all

40 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

She's pretty rough.. but given those options.. well... Being straight.. I guess..

ad5bad93f110d5673499bb8e6fcbfb61.thumb.jpg.2ddf2e149edb3890b7807bf488d0f7a2.jpg

Well at least Whitney Cummings is funny, that adds 1-2 points on the 0-10 scale.  

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Bruh, watch the social dilemma on Netflix. That is exactly, 100% how the AI is designed. To polarize and surround those 2 groups by like minded folks in a echo chamber circle jerk. Giving us flat earthers, anti-vaxxers, Trump and Biden.

It leaves we middle folks lost.

Welcome to the fucking matrix. 

Imagine typing these things and thinking you made a point? 

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

The cop who ran over the guy's head with his bike is under investigation.

Piggy steered right into him.

Commendation and promotion incoming.

(Another example of "silence is collusion" is all the good apples who just watched the bad apple and did/said nothing.)

Should be attempted murder. Gotta crack down against violent cops to keep others in check. There is no place for this in a civilized society. 

4 minutes ago, Xian said:

Should be attempted murder. Gotta crack down against violent cops to keep others in check. There is no place for this in a civilized society. 

Upon second look I don’t think he RIDES the bike over his head.  The cop is standing besides the bike and rolls it over him.

3 hours ago, gernblansten said:

Thank you for your response.  I thought I had a pretty good handle on the concept, and your interpretation confirmed it.  I still don't understand why you posted in response to the below post.  I appreciate the communication and believe actual discussion and attempts to understand someone's thinking is much more productive then just disregarding people or assigning labels to them.  Do you think Hate, or anyone really, is a silent racist if they don't think protestors shouting down people at a restaurant or blocking traffic and banging on cars is a reasonable form of protest?

I posted it because Hate always has a reason why he cannot support the cause. Hate is not a racist, but there cannot be racists without indifferent people, who do not address the things they see. A small segment of Americans wanted to lynch Black People. A large segment of Americans stood by silently and let it happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Since when is police brutality political? Is breast cancer awareness political too?

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

I don't give a shit good or bad about him.  But he also likes to stick his ass into situations and when he gets pushback, then bitches out.  I already stated what other players think of him.  

Are you trying to tell me you don't care when you just went on a rant about it? You sound like the guy who says he doesn't care that his wife left him while angrily pounding drinks at the bar. News flash, we see right through you.

• Like 1

I think clapclapclap is probably a racist because of the video he posted, but I don't know about Baba or others and I don't really care about parsing it out because it doesn't matter. You can be a racist in your heart and be an ally to the cause of justice in practice and you can be non-racist in your heart and an enemy of progress. I only really care about which cause you're aiding because I'm not god and I can't know your heart. But I CAN read your words and I CAN see your actions.

It's really really simple: If someone is constantly attacking justice causes and never defending them, I don't care what's in their heart, they are an ally of racist supremacy.

If someone is truly a middle-ground guy, he'll balance it. Baba doesn't do that, and neither do the majority of posters in this thread. They harp incessantly on anything they can find, even knowingly consuming Fake News in order to feed their anger at justice movements.

By their fruits we know them.

Is Baba racist? I don't know and don't care. I know Baba is an ally of racists, whether wittingly or unwittingly and I don't give a shit which it is.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I posted it because Hate always has a reason why he cannot support the cause. Hate is not a racist, but there cannot be racists without indifferent people, who do not address the things they see. A small segment of Americans wanted to lynch Black People. A large segment of Americans stood by silently and let it happen.

Lol...never have I made a single post that says I don’t support the cause. I have stated that, imo, the “cause” would benefit from 100% peaceful and unrelenting protest.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Louisville has had some drama, but overall it's been relatively peaceful compared to our collective expectations... so far. One guy shot cops and has already been arrested. But I haven't seen the city on fire. I haven't seen blocks burning down or rows of stores burning out. I haven't seen a lot of mass violence riots.

Pot-stirring race-baiters in social media, like the Tweeters posted incessantly here, have tried desperately to make it seem like everything is on fire (like the Uhaul truck full of signs that was played up like it was delivering rifles and grenades), but the reality seems to be trending MORE peaceful than expected so that's great.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hate said:

Lol...never have I made a single post that says I don’t support the cause. I have stated that, imo, the “cause” would benefit from 100% peaceful and unrelenting protest.

Not good enough.

Go harass people eating dinner about the systemic racism/white privilege of table linen and salad forks

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

18 minutes ago, Hate said:

Lol...never have I made a single post that says I don’t support the cause.

"I keep the quiet part quiet, don't I get credit for that!?!?!?!"

You don't have to be supportive of BLM specifically or black equality in general. This is America, baby, you are free.

If an independent 3rd party were to tally up your posts and categorize "critical of BLM" and "supportive of BLM", what do you think the ratio would be? Honestly, please. 10:1? 30:1? Please answer.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1

You don't have to be supportive of BLM specifically or black equality in general. This is America, baby, you are free.
If an independent 3rd party were to tally up your posts and categorize "critical of BLM" and "supportive of BLM", what do you think the ratio would be? Honestly, please. 10:1? 30:1? Please answer.

Go find a post where I’ve criticized BLM. I’ve criticized rioting.

#DIV/0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

It's the default liberal way. When out of any coherent argument, they simply call you a racist. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

Yeah, that's attempted murder. 

Damn

I know you have a strong dislike of police, but is this a serious post?  To roll a bicycle over someone’s helmeted head?  If that’s the case, there’s a bunch of attempted murderers out roaming the streets each night, “protesting”.