Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

54 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

You know what’s exhausting? Watching a bunch of white guys argue about what black people need and want.

More tactics please.

Call me old fashioned but I don't think a physical trait someone is born with should prevent or limit them from having an opinion about a topic.

• Hook 'Em 1

Call me old fashioned but I don't think a physical trait someone is born with should prevent or limit them from having an opinion about a topic.

Tell me to get off your lawn but I think one of our country's biggest problems is that people born without vaginas or extra melanin in their skin think they're somehow qualified to be the experts on what's best for women and minorities.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Tell me to get off your lawn but I think one of our country's biggest problems is that people born without vaginas or extra melanin in their skin think they're somehow qualified to be the experts on what's best for women and minorities.

I think this is a sad view of the world. We're not individuals. Our arguments aren't judged on their merits. Rather, they're judged by our physical characteristics. 

I think this is a sad view of the world. We're not individuals. Our arguments aren't judged on their merits. Rather, they're judged by our physical characteristics. 
I think that's exactly what a white man who thinks he knows what's best for women and minorities would say.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, CDAK said:

I think that's exactly what a white man who thinks he knows what's best for women and minorities would say.

I don't know what's best for anyone besides myself, and sometimes, I don't know what's best for myself. My assertion is that arguments should be judged on their merits, not that I know best for anyone.

I don't know what's best for anyone besides myself, and sometimes, I don't know what's best for myself. My assertion is that arguments should be judged on their merits, not that I know best for anyone.
That's fair.
There is no circumstance where a white man has more merit to stand on than a woman or a person of color when it comes to the minority experience.
And yet this thread is full of patronizing white guys telling us why minorities should just shut up and listen to them about what they should do.

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

There is no circumstance where a white man has more merit to stand on than a woman or a person of color when it comes to the minority experience.

I think this is a sad view of the world as well, but I'll try not to go round and round. I don't think "THE minority experience" exists. There are what, 140 million minorities in this country? You've reduced them to a single experience.

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

That's fair.
And yet this thread is full of patronizing white guys telling us why minorities should just shut up and listen to them about what they should do.

Also the same can be said for both sides really. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Getting scary in LA.  Best I can tell so far, first a protester was hit by a truck (after the protest mob had started to swarm it.)  Unclear yet if the protester was then also run over, as the mob tried to go after the driver and he sped out of there.  Protester taken to the hospital, driver was detained and then released.

Afterwards the protest mob tried to block another car from passing.  The car got through and then was chased down and wrecked by a BLM march chase truck with goons in the back.  One broke the prius' window and was trying to pull the driver out.  The car backed up, with another car trying to block it in, but the prius appears to have finally gotten away.

I guess the march was heading to Denny's....

Edited by clapclapclap
Reginald Denny's

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Getting scary in LA.  Best I can tell so far, first a protester was hit by a truck (after the protest mob had started to swarm it.)  Unclear yet if the protester was then also run over, as the mob tried to go after the driver and he sped out of there.  Protester taken to the hospital, driver was detained and then released.

Afterwards the protest mob tried to block another car from passing.  The car got through and then was chased down and wrecked by a BLM march chase truck with goons in the back.  One broke the prius' window and was trying to pull the driver out.  The car backed up, with another car trying to block it in, but the prius appears to have finally gotten away.

I guess the march was heading to Denny's....

That's not what happened.  The driver of the truck rammed a protestor and then drove off.  Although people in the crowd did try to get the hit and run driver to stop.  There's plenty of video out there of it.

Slowed down view of the first incident.  I was wrong, the truck didn't hit the protester, the protester climbed on the truck's hood and was eventually tossed off.  Unclear if they were then run over as the driver tried to escape.

As the crowd approaches, 2 protesters try to jump on the hood.  One on the edge soon clears off but the one towards the center gets tossed forward at :06.

Looks like the same green car that chased down the prius (and broke the windshield with a skateboard) earlier followed the first fleeing truck

Edit:  I'm just looking for the best video to show what happened.  It isn't an endorsement of whoever posts it (and if you actually paid attention you'd see that I post from both sides.)

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, CDAK said:

I think this is a sad view of the world as well, but I'll try not to go round and round. I don't think "THE minority experience" exists. There are what, 140 million minorities in this country? You've reduced them to a single experience.

This is what happens when demand for racism exceeds the supply

• Hook 'Em 4

Lol. Okay dude. Play word games if you'd like. You sound exactly like every old white man that has been telling women and people of color what's best for them for centuries. You are playing semantic games to tap dance around the fact that you're unwilling to admit that you don't know better than women and PoC what's best for them.Your worldview is the very definition of white arrogance and privilege.  "You're telling me that I don't understand women as well as women do just because I don't have a vagina?! Wow, so hateful!!!"

Shut up, boomer. Take your feigned victimhood somewhere else. You are beyond transparent.

• Hook 'Em 1

Lol. Okay dude. Play word games if you'd like. You sound exactly like every old white man that has been telling women and people of color what's best for them for centuries. You are playing semantic games to tap dance around the fact that you're unwilling to admit that you don't know better than women and PoC what's best for them.

Your worldview is the very definition of white arrogance and privilege.

None of them will actually ask a minority what's up, and when a minority speaks up they are the first one to tell them they are playing the victim. You can set your watch by it.

• Like 2

None of them will actually ask a minority what's up, and when a minority speaks up they are the first one to tell them they are playing the victim. You can set your watch by it.
It's funny that you and I are bringing up almost the exact same points and they're all responding to me and not you.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
11 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It's funny that you and I are bringing up almost the exact same points and they're all responding to me and not you.

I liken it to being left handed. Everything is made for right handed people, which makes some should be easy tasks more difficult for you. You have to curl your wrist all weird to prevent from smearing the ink. The spine of the notebook is always in your way. Scissors cut weird. Who is the first person to try and tell you how to navigate that? Someone who has never experienced it. Right handed people.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I liken it to being left handed. Everything is made for right handed people, which makes some should be easy tasks more difficult for you. You have to curl your wrist all weird to prevent from smearing the ink. The spine of the notebook is always in your way. Scissors cut weird. Who is the first person to try and tell you how to navigate that? Someone who has never experienced it. Right handed people.

That's a good analogy that I've never heard be before.

41 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The only black friend I know personally in this town (Portland) disagrees very much with me on the issue that it's only blacks that are targeted by police brutality. I said that everyone experience police brutality. I never told her that she's using her skin to play the victim, just that she only sees one narrative from media, and that's where her bias is coming from. We came to an understanding, but not to an agreement. That's fine as long as she knows I don't think what the police did was right, and that she knows that whites get the boot too then I see that as a good.

clapclapclap keeping it up with his black-people-gone-wild fetish again. Still posting trash from his social media trashpile.

Here's an idea, not that you are interested, try NOT coming here immediately to post the first thing you see on your hate Twitter that excites you. Wait through your the erection and see if it plays out the way you think and if it's something real. Wait to see if your lying fascist-friendly grifter Andy Ngo is being honest (he's usually not).

And maybe ask yourself a question like, "Hmmm, why was that car driving into that crowd in the first place?"

This pattern of a driver driving his car into a crowd and then getting scared and running people over to "get away" from the situation he put himself into is just annoying because it's so obvious. A crowd of people walking 3 mph don't just magically surround your car on your way home from getting frozen yogurt. YOU GO INTO THEM ON PURPOSE.

That's not a political statement, that's fucking physics.

Unless you were parked on the side of the street to get a BJ so good you couldn't pay attention, massive demonstrations of slow-moving people don't sneak up on you.

- If they're coming from behind, you can drive away.
- If they're coming at you from the front, you can turn around.

Does the idea of retreating from that situation offend your powerful sense off justice and manhood? Then that's your ego problem and you're the asshole. You are trying to prove something about yourself to a universe that is cold to your existence. You're playing a stupid game, and if you hit someone I hope you win the stupid prize of a charge of assault with a deadly weapon.

Did you drive into a crowd of people with a deadly weapon and now they hate you? They should.

Are they trying to get you out of the car? They shouldn't, but I'm a proponent of people sometimes deserving an ass-kicking, and if you drive a deadly weapon into a crowd of people you are morally deserving of an ass-kicking.

Do you have a legitimate fear that they will kill you? Drive away and turn yourself in. And if you hit someone on the way out, you deserve the extra charge.

We can have a larger conversation about how destructive and unhealthy cars are (not just environmentally, but to urban planning and society in general and DEFINITELY to the atomization of humanity), but if you're in a car you are a deadly threat to everyone around you and you should operate that way, not like a scared little bitch; that's basic Driver's Ed 101.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

The only black friend I know personally in this town (Portland) disagrees very much with me on the issue that it's only blacks that are targeted by police brutality. I said that everyone experience police brutality. I never told her that she's using her skin to play the victim, just that she only sees one narrative from media, and that's where her bias is coming from. We came to an understanding, but not to an agreement. That's fine as long as she knows I don't think what the police did was right, and that she knows that whites get the boot too then I see that as a good.

Where does your bias come from, or does it not exist?

You went out into the protests, right?

We never got your commentary on it.
- Were people violent rioters all over the place or was that just at the fence?
- Were the people hateful pricks and monsters?
- What was the ratio of peaceful demonstrators:violent thugs?

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Where does your bias come from, or does it not exist?

You went out into the protests, right?

We never got your commentary on it.
- Were people violent rioters all over the place or was that just at the fence?
- Were the people hateful pricks and monsters?
- What was the ratio of peaceful demonstrators:violent thugs?

I have bias, no question.

I never went back to the fence after the pepper came out, so the only thing I know that was that before that the fence was being shaken pretty to the ground once they got in sync.

I feel that they were being jerks to the Christian speaker, but not monsters.

Tear gas makes you pretty much non violent, hah. Yeah the day was more like a football game with speakers.

12 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Since when is police brutality political? Is breast cancer awareness political too?

You're right.  Ratings are plummeting, down 40% in many markets, because American supports police brutality yet significantly higher in sports that have been apolitical.  Yep.  You nailed it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Are they trying to get you out of the car? They shouldn't, but I'm a proponent of people sometimes deserving an ass-kicking, and if you drive a deadly weapon into a crowd of people you are morally deserving of an ass-kicking.

Or, work with me here, because I think we agree. If you block a ROAD like an asshole, then decide to bash the fuck out of some random persons car like an asshole, while threatening it’s participants like an asshole, you deserve an ass-kicking right? 

32 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

We can have a larger conversation about how destructive and unhealthy cars are (not just environmentally, but to urban planning and society in general and DEFINITELY to the atomization of humanity)

J. F. C. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I like how earlier you used UFC as one of your examples of an "apolitical" sport thats supposedly doing well in the all important TV ratings chud metric of validation. Colby Covington wears Trump hats and strokes bootlicker peen every second he has a microphone. I still watch because Im not a snowflake, and because I want to see him get his head knocked off.

But don't fucking bullshit about "they should stay out of politics" when what you really mean is "they should only allow my politics"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I like how earlier you used UFC as one of your examples of an "apolitical" sport thats supposedly doing well in the all important TV ratings chud metric of validation. Colby Covington wears Trump hats and strokes bootlicker peen every second he has a microphone. I still watch because Im not a snowflake, and because I want to see him get his head knocked off.

But don't fucking bullshit about "they should stay out of politics" when what you really mean is "they should only allow my politics"

Colby Covington?  L...O....fucking...L 

It's all an act that you apparently bought hook, line, and sinker.  Rogan talks about this all the time.  It's schtick.  A persona he adopted akin to the WWE personas after he was about to get cut from the UFC.  

mary-3.jpg?itok=znEDp7Pd

6 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I still watch because Im not a snowflake,

HAHA, the fuck you aren't.  As clearly evidenced.  

18 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Of course that's what he really means. Telling everyone how they're boycotting the NBA and talking about ratings allows them to do two of their favorite things at once; patronize and be dismissive of people of color, and create a safe space for themselves. 

It's amazing how versed Baba is on the NBA's ratings for a guy who never watches them. I wonder why.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

This is the most unintentionally funny post I've ever read.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Or, work with me here, because I think we agree. If you block a ROAD like an asshole, then decide to bash the fuck out of some random persons car like an asshole, while threatening it’s participants like an asshole, you deserve an ass-kicking right?

No, I don't think people who block the road deserve an ass-kicking. If someone blocks the road in front of you, you should wait through the temporary inconvenience or turn around.

If they are marching towards you, either turn around and get away or sit perfectly still and wait patiently.

If you're sitting quietly and peacefully in your car and they start damaging your car, record them and file a police report.

If they credibly threaten your safety or life, then you have to protect yourself.

Again, this doesn't necessarily satisfy the rage of an emotionally-damaged egoistic person, but I can't help that person be a better human right now. I'll try, though.

J. F. C. 

What?

You have seen someone cut across traffic to make sure they get their turn in RIGHT NOW instead of just going up to the next intersection to make a safe and legal turn? You can feign outrage and contempt, but you know exactly what I'm talking about.

When we're in our cars, we do not care about how dangerous what we're doing is and our sense of entitlement skyrockets. Cars make us anti-social. Cars isolate and atomize us.

You can be mad that I'm saying it, but you know it's true.

28 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Ok dumbass that was exactly my point. That Covington uses politics to sell himself and make himself a bigger draw. And all those people to whom "sports is an escape from politics" eat it up. Cute pic though 

Right.  Politics.  He's a "heel".  That you are trying to pivot off the fact that he sucked you in is cute.  Many of the fighters saw how much Connor's fights made and they made their own personas and you ate it hook line and sinker and admitted as much.  

Just now, workswithseed said:

Give me a goddamned laugh rep then, asshole. Seriously though, what's funny about it? I Know y'all believe you can read minds, but I can't. 

There's a lot, but my favorite line is "I never told her that she's using her skin to play the victim"

Why didn't you didn't do that?

29 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Of course that's what he really means. Telling everyone how they're boycotting the NBA and talking about ratings allows them to do two of their favorite things at once; patronize and be dismissive of people of color, and create a safe space for themselves. 

It's amazing how versed Baba is on the NBA's ratings for a guy who never watches them. I wonder why.

You're right.  It's not like sports casters, radio shows, and basically everyone else is talking about how ratings are tanking.  There's got to be a racist angle, right?  Has to be.  I mean, what else could it be?  We've been cooped up inside for months with no outlet and sports was supposed to garner some of the highest ratings to date.  Definitely not something people would bring up.