Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

11 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Nope. Still plenty of dissenting voices. Still plenty of disagreement. 
I get it, you want a safe space because you cannot present your ideas in the face of criticism and disagreement. That’s fine. Just stop pretending you’re non political because it’s bullshit.

Someone posted a dissenting view in the Ruth Ginsberg thread and got crowdsourced.  Now, that poster my have some history there that I don't know about, but he posted something different than it's the end of the world and was immediately attacked and then crowdsourced. 

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, blacklab said:

For years, both here and shaggy we've had threads about news events in one board and the political discussion about it in another board.  

When there's a shooting and we'd like to know what happened and news about it should we wade through 4 pages of the same tired arguments for and against guns or should we talk about the incident?

No shit we have. Now we have two places with political threads, each siloed in their own ideology, instead of one thread for politics and one for current events. You’re being disingenuous in pretending otherwise.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hate said:

Someone posted a dissenting view in the Ruth Ginsberg thread and got crowdsourced.  Now, that poster my have some history there that I don't know about, but he posted something different than it's the end of the world and was immediately attacked and then crowdsourced. 

Quite the tragedy. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Nope. Still plenty of dissenting voices. Still plenty of disagreement. 
I get it, you want a safe space because you cannot present your ideas in the face of criticism and disagreement. That’s fine. Just stop pretending you’re non political because it’s bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Quite the tragedy. 

Predictable. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 7:08 PM, travelingtexan said:

Man, sounds like hope is lost. Maybe a really nice country like Saudi Arabia or Bulgaria has your name all over it. It must be tough to be you. Do you lose sleep at night?

Oh man what a meaningful discourse that has been quashed. He was hated because he thought wrong, not because he was a bag of dicks, yup yup yup

Edited by Captainant

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I don’t think that. Let it be what it is.

But nobody should lie about what it is. It’s a hyper-political thread with a completely political purpose and agenda...the only “no politics” is when there’s any criticism or calling out the bullshit. It’s a cowardly safe space thread, built on and defended y disingenuous bullshit.

Leave it up and open, i certainly never suggested otherwise. Just be honest about what to is. They lying about it is pathetic.

we are long past the point for intelligent debate and its driving you bonkers. i get it. it is what it is.

why do you interact with the trolls? seriously man. been asking you this for years now. i'd argue its a net negative action when you do. 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Does it? Tell me why was that poster crowdsourced? 

Anyone who dares to go against the Cabal gets blown up.  Short of someone making racist remarks or getting too personal there should be some civility, and discourse or just ignore comments.  You, and the rest of the gang are intolerant of anything you don't agree with You're the definition of mob rule  It ran everyone out of the CR leaving nothing but a pathetic, echo chamber where you started eating your own or invading the DT thread trying to start shit. 

So take your lie, and go hump someone elses leg.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

What''s the point?  None of you will give a shit.  There's a narrative to build and feed!  But remember, it's NOT political!

Jfc there is no satisfying you. You just want to bitch about everything like a woman. Take your ass on to the CR if you want everyone to "care" about everything you care about. What a fucking weeping vagina you are

This thread isn't an undercover political thread. This is a very naked ideological thread.

Go to Page 1 and look at the intention of this thread: It's the Nextdoor app but for incidents not even in your neighborhood.

clapclapclap started it as a way to keep track of people he doesn't like doing bad things and promote it, and he got so wrapped around the axle he started just straight up posting black people gone wild with zero connection to the larger issues he had initially pretended to be concerned with.

The law and order ideology of this thread is bipartisan. The Nextdoor app has plenty of people on both sides of the aisle who will post pictures of minorities walking down the street with the caption, "WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?!?"

Dismissing it as "political" is too easy and a lazy move. It's way deeper than that. The ideological purpose of this thread is to discredit black social justice causes by highlighting and centering the few dispersed instances of destruction and violence, which again, is a bipartisan effort.

I agree with blacklab that people should simply promote contrasting imagery. I try to do it all the time.

The protest movement is largely peaceful and the most violent elements don't really seem to be connected at all to protest movements at all.

There are major peaceful protests even here in Texas that get very little media attention.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Anyone who dares to go against the Cabal gets blown up.  Short of someone making racist remarks or getting too personal there should be some civility, and discourse or just ignore comments.  You, and the rest of the gang are intolerant of anything you don't agree with You're the definition of mob rule  It ran everyone out of the CR leaving nothing but a pathetic, echo chamber where you started eating your own or invading the DT thread trying to start shit. 

So take your lie, and go hump someone elses leg.

Do you think BT and I agree? Twicehorn? Anastasis? Or the numerous conservative posters who still post in CR? 

Oh I guess I’m sorry for “invading” your echo chamber. I believe I was responding to the person who started this website before you chimed in. I’m sorry you’re too scared to have debates anymore onboard. The CR misses its swam.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I don’t think that. Let it be what it is.

But nobody should lie about what it is. It’s a hyper-political thread with a completely political purpose and agenda...the only “no politics” is when there’s any criticism or calling out the bullshit. It’s a cowardly safe space thread, built on and defended y disingenuous bullshit.

Leave it up and open, i certainly never suggested otherwise. Just be honest about what to is. They lying about it is pathetic.

There is an entire fucking political subforum. Go there 

25 minutes ago, Hate said:

We have an unpopular opinions thread.  If you’re gonna cry about people not liking your shitty opinion, maybe that is more your speed. Or you can whine and cry and report to the moderators.  

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

We have an unpopular opinions thread.  If you’re gonna cry about people not liking your shitty opinion, maybe that is more your speed. Or you can whine and cry and report to the moderators.  

I don't report posts.  And it wasn't my shitty opinion because I don't go into the CR.  I saw the Ruth Ginsburg is dead thread on Tapa and thought I'd take a look.  That was a bad decision so I immediately left.  That place is one big ledge and it seems like there is a contest to see who can stand the furthest out on it without actually falling. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

I don't report posts.  And it wasn't my shitty opinion because I don't go into the CR.  I saw the Ruth Ginsburg is dead thread on Tapa and thought I'd take a look.  That was a bad decision so I immediately left.  That place is one big ledge and it seems like there is a contest to see who can stand the furthest out on it without actually falling. 

What don’t you go into the CR?  Politics are current events, and the precursor to this thread?  I mean really.  I could post endless loops of the bombs going off and obliterating everyone at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and claim anyone who discusses anything besides the bomb blasts is CR.  That’s basically what is happening in this thread.  It’s asinine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

What don’t you go into the CR?  Politics are current events, and the precursor to this thread?  I mean really.  I could post endless loops of the bombs going off and obliterating everyone at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and claim anyone who discusses anything besides the bomb blasts is CR.  That’s basically what is happening in this thread.  It’s asinine. 

Well see then you would have to defend your positions and some mean people on the internet might take some of your internet points.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hate said:

Why don't you post what this dissenting view was?

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I wasn't the one complaining.  As a matter of fact, I didn't think this thread was political and even stated that.  While the discussions are mostly the same ones we had several pages ago, there was no mention of Trump or any other political leader.  Of course, anyone that says the don't support he rioting is a racist, but at least it wasn't a being called a Trumpkin. 

1 minute ago, Hate said:

I wasn't the one complaining.  As a matter of fact, I didn't think this thread was political and even stated that.  While the discussions are mostly the same ones we had several pages ago, there was no mention of Trump or any other political leader.  Of course, anyone that says the don't support he rioting is a racist, but at least it wasn't a being called a Trumpkin. 

Nothing political there.

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Funny, the only regular dissenter over there has one poster who literally negs every single one his posts.  Every. Single. Post.  Fuck the CR. At least we can have back and forth conversations in DT without being crowdsourced for a differing position. 

Again, can you point to an example of someone getting crowdsourced for a different opinion? Crowdsourcing really only happens when someone is being a raging asshole and shitslinging and namecalling without adding anything to the conversation besides invective. Will people call you mean boo-boo names and say your opinions are bad? Almost certainly. But you won't get neg-bombed for genuinely holding a position and actually defending it with evidence rather that rhetoric and name calling as is so popular here in this thread and DT in general.

So, show me the receipts.

EDIT: and I've been neg-stalked by half of you waterheads and you don't hear me bitching about it. They're meaningless internet points.

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Will people call you mean boo-boo names and say your opinions are bad? Almost certainly. But you won't get neg-bombed for genuinely holding a position and actually defending it with evidence rather that rhetoric and name calling as is so popular here in this thread and DT in general.

I dgaf about name calling or dissenting positions.  I literally repped @GRHorn 15 fucking times because @UpperWestside decided he needed to beg every single post of his.  Bitchmade and provides nothing of value. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Funny, the only regular dissenter over there has one poster who literally negs every single one his posts.  Every. Single. Post.  Fuck the CR. At least we can have back and forth conversations in DT without being crowdsourced for a differing position. 

You fucks have the same position, there are no differing positions on DT

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

I dgaf about name calling or dissenting positions.  I literally repped @GRHorn 15 fucking times because @UpperWestside decided he needed to beg every single post of his.  Bitchmade and provides nothing of value. 

so, not an example of crowdsourcing?

Would you like to see my pages and pages of negs from stone oak and CTJ and the rest of the PLANDEMIC gang? Do I ascribe that same behavior to all of DT? No, because I don't get my panties in a wad because the number under my name went down a bit.

It sounds like you just want a reason to dismiss the people who think differently from you based on the actions of a small subset of an unorganized group.

Which considering the thread we're in, is *chefs kiss*

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Captainant said:

so, not an example of crowdsourcing?

Would you like to see my pages and pages of negs from stone oak and CTJ and the rest of the PLANDEMIC gang? Do I ascribe that same behavior to all of DT? No, because I don't get my panties in a wad because the number under my name went down a bit.

It sounds like you just want a reason to dismiss the people who think differently from you based on the actions of a small subset of an unorganized group.

Which considering the thread we're in, is *chefs kiss*

I hit CR on a semi regular basis.  Y’all like it so much, fuck back off over to it. 

I don't like crowdsourcing or negging people because you never know the guy you're screaming at in here may end up having your back in the Cowboys thread or have some really cool insights into hurricanes or saw Santa Claus fall out of a helicopter once and that's what makes this website special

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

I don't like crowdsourcing or negging people because you never know the guy you're screaming at in here may end up having your back in the Cowboys thread or have some really cool insights into hurricanes or saw Santa Claus fall out of a helicopter once and that's what makes this website special

Or nailed your mom.

• Hook 'Em 1

TURN OFF REP IN THE CLOAK ROOM.  Negging in Politics board is for dorks. It should be thunder dome. 

Pretending the DT isn’t “Political” is as absurd as neg bombs I the politics forum.  

Let the Aggy/Trumpers expose themselves without worrying about getting negged into space.  Then the DT can be enjoyable again. A

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Captainant said:

Again, can you point to an example of someone getting crowdsourced for a different opinion? Crowdsourcing really only happens when someone is being a raging asshole and shitslinging and namecalling without adding anything to the conversation besides invective. Will people call you mean boo-boo names and say your opinions are bad? Almost certainly. But you won't get neg-bombed for genuinely holding a position and actually defending it with evidence rather that rhetoric and name calling as is so popular here in this thread and DT in general.

EDIT: and I've been neg-stalked by half of you waterheads and you don't hear me bitching about it. They're meaningless internet points.

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

Negged

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Who’s Andy Ngo and why should I care?

Hes one of the preferred sources to be posted followed usually with a sarcastic "peaceful protesters" quip. His favorite tactic is to misrepresent or withold context from his pictures and "reporting" on various civil unrest events. 

He's a professional victim and attention seeker, but someone who's reporting is apparently beyond reproach. At least you get name-called if you challenge his credibility

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1