Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

18 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

US Navy special ops command has developed a 650 round 7.62 NATO backpack “magazine” that has been used in combat.

85F3370C-524C-423E-AE73-E77A4CBA3076.jpeg

How many extra barrels does it come with when they start to melt....

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

G17 appears to be the #1 globally in manufacturing numbers.

Standard agency issue to many, many organizations, sort of why Ford's always #1 in sales (their fleet trucks)

And the 92F was replaced by the Sig 320 for the military, so they were dumped across the country for record lows and everyone snatched one up.  

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I knew about the switch and the red light special should have come to mind. Not sure why it didn't, probably too fucking early/not enough caffeine/I was high.

They're not bad platforms.  A little long in the tooth, heavy to carry and all but impossible to conceal - but as a range/home defense option, they are superb.  They have a high capacity.  Their weight and longer sight radius makes them easy to shoot.....and Lethan Weapon and Die Hard made them cool as fuck for every 80's kid.

source.gif

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

Truth be told, if I have to go the 7.62 route, it will be one at a time through a bolt gun.  At night.  At distance. And it will be quiet.

Yep.  Of course...Won't be too much a distance is you are actually "quiet", then you are using sub-sonics.  Having a 'can' won't help with the laws of physics.

*I'm looking at you Hollywood......

Edited by BabaYaga

Just now, Rougarou said:

What in the wide world of kansas city fishsticks sports is going on in this thread. My goodness, even I'm worried what's going to happen when Ringo runs this outfit. 

Bro man if someone even TRIES that Antifa stuff on me? Bro!

I'll be all like stealthy in the woods man I'll defend my family, dude, I WILL make it home tonight.

• Haha 1

Back on topic:

Man accused of driving into Pasadena protesters had amassed guns, set up 'training camp' at family vineyard, complaint alleges

Benjamin Jong Ren Hung, 28, is charged with conspiring to transport firearms across state lines and to make a false statement in acquisition of firearms. A judge on Monday decided to keep him detained without bail and Hung will not be released from federal custody.

Hung allegedly drove his white Dodge Ram adorned with flags associated with far-right extremist groups at the crowd of about 150 protesters in Pasadena who had been chanting "Black lives matter here" on May 31, federal agents allege in a complaint filed in Los Angeles federal court.

The demonstrators scattered as the truck accelerated toward them, and no injuries were reported in the incident. Hung was arrested by Pasadena police for attempted assault with a deadly weapon.

During a search of the vehicle, police found a loaded semiautomatic handgun, multiple high-capacity magazines loaded with ammunition, an 18-inch machete, $3,200 in cash, a long metal pipe and a megaphone, the complaint states.

The complaint alleges Hung acquired the handgun from a friend who purchased it in Oregon and then took it to Lodi, California for Hung.

Federal investigators say Hung was collecting weapons and turning his family's Lodi vineyard into a training camp.

"Hung purchased and then transported at least three firearms from Oregon to Lodi, California in March 2020. Hung also amassed other firearms and tactical equipment from suppliers throughout the United States and used his family's vineyard in Lodi, California as a training camp to prepare to engage in civil disorders.

"Hung communicated frequently with associates about creating this tactical training camp and firearms range at his family's vineyard in Lodi, California, and his intent to use the firearms in preparation for civil disorders," the complaint states.

The messages appeared to escalate in early March at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, as the far-right movement began to propagate the theory that the virus was a hoax, the document states.

According to bystander video and witness interviews, Hung's truck bore an Oregon license plate that read, "WAR R1G,'' prosecutors said. It was also modified with an elevated suspension, large tires, and an enhanced exhaust pipe, which expelled a large plume of black smoke as it accelerated into the crowd, the complaint states.

At the time of the incident, the truck was also flying three large flags: a Thin Blue Line'' flag, a Gadsden Don't Tread on Me'' yellow flag, and an original 13 states Betsy Ross'' American flag, prosecutors said.

Sure does seem to be an awful lot of overlap between the "self defense" and "max mad" crowd lately. Weird that they profess to love cops and law and order but keep breaking federal firearms laws and driving cars into crowds of protesters.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Back on topic:

Man accused of driving into Pasadena protesters had amassed guns, set up 'training camp' at family vineyard, complaint alleges

Sure does seem to be an awful lot of overlap between the "self defense" and "max mad" crowd lately. Weird that they profess to love cops and law and order but keep breaking federal firearms laws and driving cars into crowds of protesters.

They love cops in the sense that they love violent state-funded wings of white authoritarian power. They don't actually want laws to apply to them, though, they understand the subtext of American law that the laws apply less to US and more to THEM.

When this happened years ago it was roundly condemned:

charlottesville-protests-car-crash-blur-

If it happened again today this thread would be full of apologists for James Fields.

Such is radicalization.

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

Here's your bingo card of items Cleveland has banned from tonight's protest/riot.  None needed to peacefully protest, but let's see how many are brought/deployed anyway.

EjFckrrWsAUsifd?format=jpg&name=large

Well I hope all the National Guard troops are wearing clean skivvies because based on the list of banned items that's all they're going to be allowed to bring

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

Here's your bingo card of items Cleveland has banned from tonight's protest/riot.  None needed to peacefully protest, but let's see how many are brought/deployed anyway.

EjFckrrWsAUsifd?format=jpg&name=large

looks like a list of what you'd need to ban at an LSU home game.

love the backpack size requirement....

If they don't allow containers of bodily fluids...how are the candidates gonna make it through 90 minutes?  

I pictured the two of them kinda rolling cross country in a buddy comedy like Harry and Lloyd pissing into coors light bottles.  

Guess which one of them is dumber?