Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

I knew there was a "Case (Western)" and then "No jarred bodily fluids" and then "Reserve" joke in there somewhere when the Aggies attempted their bid.

Levity aside, I'm wondering why all the kerfuffle by the two campaigns about the debate sites given that there's not really gonna be anybody at any of them other than oversized lighting crews.  

10 hours ago, immortal13 said:

It's a drop safety 

Tens of millions of striker-fired pistols over decades of carry agree with you.  Almost none have manual safety's anymore as there is no longer a need.  Keep your goddamn finger off the trigger when un-holstering and it will do it's part.  

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Tens of millions of striker-fired pistols over decades of carry agree with you.  Almost none have manual safety's anymore as there is no longer a need.  Keep your goddamn finger off the trigger when un-holstering and it will do it's part.  

I'm sorry have you not seen the Andy Griffith show ?  Why Barney must have his pistol go off at least once every couple episodes...

19 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Anyone that has a negligent discharge with a modern firearm, manual safety or not, is an idiot of the highest magnitude.  Keep your goddamn fingers off the trigger until ready to fire....especially those heavy ass Glock triggers.  

That other guy couldn't grasp that Glocks are known to have pull weight issues. That, in conjunction with it's popularity is why I knew it was a Glock.

11 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I remember when I bought my glock 19 many years and years ago and spent 5 minutes looking for the safety. I'm not a read the instructions guy, but I gave up. Cracked me up once I realized the "safety" was "don't pull the trigger!".

IMHO, a good holster is a better safety than the safety on a gun. If it's out of the holster and in your hand, it's a deadly weapon. And it's MUCH more clear if it's in a ready to shoot state or not at a glance.

Not a big fan on striker fired for that reason though, love my P-07 to carry w/ one in the pipe with hammer down. First trigger pull is DA (you gotta mean to pull it) and then afterwards is SA

14 hours ago, Thatguy said:

That other guy couldn't grasp that Glocks are known to have pull weight issues. That, in conjunction with it's popularity is why I knew it was a Glock.

Lots (if not most) striker fired platforms don't have manual safety's and an intentionally heavy trigger.  Not exactly a Glock-specific issue.  I will say the Glocks have THREE separate internal safety mechanisms that disengage when the trigger is pulled.  One of these is the partial tension on the spring that the trigger pull moves to full tension.  

No real difference to carrying a 1911 in position one.  

6760fdd08b1a6d7e0f70e89982ff9f89.jpg

Y’all take this gun talk to the Gun Owner’s thread?? This thread is for doom and gloom and the possible end of/rebirth of our planet depending on the outcome of the election in November. We have 63 days until the Earth either blows up like a Death Star or until the Earth is reborn in a glorious explosion of wildflowers and biodegradable confetti signaling the end of the Second Dark Ages.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hate said:

doom and gloom and the possible end of/rebirth of our planet depending on the outcome of the election in November

Just now, Hate said:

Y’all take this gun

Seem perfectly related considering where we are headed.....;)

3ef684ebf25432591636e3a6c71709ef.gif

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Sounds like somebody just wants to skip forward to the part where they can self defense other people's property, rittenhouse style

Sounds like somebody just wants to cheerlead because they are an insufferable little twat that shits all over every fucking thread that they are on.  

On 10/1/2020 at 8:30 AM, Hate said:

Y’all take this gun talk to the Gun Owner’s thread?? This thread is for doom and gloom and the possible end of/rebirth of our planet depending on the outcome of the election in November. We have 63 days until the Earth either blows up like a Death Star or until the Earth is reborn in a glorious explosion of wildflowers and biodegradable confetti signaling the end of the Second Dark Ages.

The gun talk is helping me figure out which of my guns I'll be donating to BLM

Is armed militias plotting to kidnap a sitting governor appropriate for this thread?

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/10/08/feds-thwart-militia-plot-kidnap-michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer/5922301002/

The FBI says it thwarted what it described as a plot to violently overthrow the government and kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, and federal prosecutors are expected to discuss the alleged conspiracy later Thursday.

The alleged plot involved reaching out to members of a Michigan militia, according to a federal affidavit filed Thursday. 

►Read the filing: FBI affidavit: Conspirators wanted to kidnap gov to remote Wisconsin location

The court filing also alleges the conspirators twice conducted surveillance at Whitmer's vacation home and discussed kidnapping her to a remote location in Wisconsin to stand "trial" for treason prior to the Nov. 3 election.

"Several members talked about murdering 'tyrants' or 'taking' a sitting governor," an FBI agent wrote in the affidavit. "The group decided they needed to increase their numbers and encouraged each other to talk to their neighbors and spread their message."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Cheeseweasel said:

schitts creek no GIF by CBC

Yeah.....don't go look at those.  Just accept the fact that there is a large swath of this country (not a small group -- a LOT) that 100% supports the exact shit that a dozen people just got arrested for, and want to see more of it, all over.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.....don't go look at those.  Just accept the fact that there is a large swath of this country (not a small group -- a LOT) that 100% supports the exact shit that a dozen people just got arrested for, and want to see more of it, all over.

I can imagine there's a whole lot of "I'd never do that BUT I SURE DO UNDERSTAND IT" or some other bullshit to defend it.