Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I notice you didn't answer the question.

I noticed you moved the goalposts to discuss something that is irrelevant to what I posted above. Are you claiming the people destroying Philadelphia the last couple of nights are not doing this because a man was shot trying to attack cops with a knife?

3 hours ago, Enchubben said:

This is such a ludicrously ignorant comment that I really don’t even know where to start. Posting one video of an incident where it was resolved without a gun means all of them will play out the same way.....

Are you really suggesting the tactic to take down all perps with knives should be to fight back with batons?

Are you really suggesting that all perps with knives behave and react the same way to police, or have the same tolerance/fear of a baton/pepper spray/taser?

Are you suggesting that all cops are as big or strong as the perps with knives?

You seem triggered, glad we are in the cloak room lite so you feel safe enough to post here. 

A man was murdered while carrying a knife so you responded, “I don’t think it was much of an overreaction by the cops.” Based on ... your statement of a guy chasing cops with a knife? So I said I disagree and posted a guy chasing brave cops with a knife that didn’t result with anyone getting murdered. You speak In trumpian characterizations and absolutes (not cr, but pretty sure it is an adjective for distortion of the truth) and if you can’t see the parallel in the two situations without all those bullshit assumptions you subsequently wrote out, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Cops murdered a guy with a knife. Protestors hurt cops in retaliation, I disagree that only one side overreacted since cops can take down knife wielders without anyone being murdered. If anything, from facts I’ve seen so far (but I’ll gladly look at a link with more info on the initial incident since only press I’ve seen has been on the protests of yet ANOTHER citizen dying at the hands of police) looks like both protestors and cops have overreacted. 

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

Are you claiming the people destroying Philadelphia the last couple of nights are not doing this because a man was shot trying to attack cops with a knife?

lol no

No one is "destroying Philadelphia". That's an absurd mischaracterization of the situation whose purpose and intent is pretty obvious.

It's a simple question: Why did OP just start posting video of black people acting up that had nothing to do with the political unrest?

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

What is it with you and race?  We're all fine with people sharing videos of crazy ass white folk doing this same stupid shit.  Frankly, in most of these nightly videos thanks to masks and hoodies, I cant tell one color from another anyways. 

Police shootings happen, right wing violence happens, looting happens.  The problem with this thread is in how it casually and contrary to factual basis uses a select fact to demonize an entire movement.

See Andy Ngo's bit above (seriously, that any of you amplify his shitty, shitty voice is shameful) calling the looting a "BLM protest."  That's bullshit and he knows it, and you know it.

I mean, if we want to extrapolate bad actors by their commonality with a broad movement, then we should absolutely call the right wing violent actors "Republicans" or "Trump supporters," without even referring to any action that actually affiliates them with those specific political causes.

If a right wing jackhole is wearing a MAGA hat, then sure, it's damned fair to call him a Trumper.  If a black looter has some clear association with some legitimate BLM group or action, then the association can be fairly noted.

But the naked and sad attempts to delegitimize the ENTIRE social justice movement because, when social order breaks down, some assholes inevitably break shit and loot, is asinine, logically fallacious, and the people doing the deligitimizing KNOW it.  It's just a nice, convenient way to reach the internal conclusion and excuse of "gosh, I WOULD care about minorities getting shit on, but goshdarnit, seeing some of 'em loot a Foot Locker, I just can't support the cause.  They have no one to blame but themselves."  And then tuck yourself in under a nice warm blanket of "I got mine, fuck the rest of you."

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, achooloco said:

You seem triggered, glad we are in the cloak room lite so you feel safe enough to post here. 

A man was murdered while carrying a knife so you responded, “I don’t think it was much of an overreaction by the cops.” Based on ... your statement of a guy chasing cops with a knife? So I said I disagree and posted a guy chasing brave cops with a knife that didn’t result with anyone getting murdered. You speak In trumpian characterizations and absolutes (not cr, but pretty sure it is an adjective for distortion of the truth) and if you can’t see the parallel in the two situations without all those bullshit assumptions you subsequently wrote out, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Cops murdered a guy with a knife. Protestors hurt cops in retaliation, I disagree that only one side overreacted since cops can take down knife wielders without anyone being murdered. If anything, from facts I’ve seen so far (but I’ll gladly look at a link with more info on the initial incident since only press I’ve seen has been on the protests of yet ANOTHER citizen dying at the hands of police) looks like both protestors and cops have overreacted. 

murder - the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.  This wasn't murder; although you claim that multiple times. 

"Carrying a knife", really?  I'm sure he was just walking down the street minding his own business when a cop sniped him with a machine gun from his police tank right?  You took one example of a scenario where it worked out peacefully, without major injury and claimed the way these cops reacted was over the line. There are plenty of others where they tried to use alternative softer methods of restraint and people have gotten shot or stabbed by the assailant. 

22 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

lol no

No one is "destroying Philadelphia". That's an absurd mischaracterization of the situation whose purpose and intent is pretty obvious.

It's a simple question: Why did OP just start posting video of black people acting up that had nothing to do with the political unrest?

I have no idea who the OP is or what posts you are talking about that are random black people acting up. Seems like something you should take up with they/them/him/she/it

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

murder - the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.  This wasn't murder; although you claim that multiple times. 

"Carrying a knife", really?  I'm sure he was just walking down the street minding his own business when a cop sniped him with a machine gun from his police tank right?  You took one example of a scenario where it worked out peacefully, without major injury and claimed the way these cops reacted was over the line. There are plenty of others where they tried to use alternative softer methods of restraint and people have gotten shot or stabbed by the assailant. 

Unlawful remains to be determined. And Murder does NOT have to be premeditated and can encompass actions that show a wanton disregard of another’s safety. Although I guess it only matters what PA law says on the matter, not NY or TX. But  yes I’m calling it that until determined by a court of law or at least until I get more info on the actual incident. 

one example? we can both find countless ones to prove our respective points. But to repeat for the third time, I think both the cops and people rioting (not protesting) seem to have overreacted. 

3 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Unlawful remains to be determined. And Murder does NOT have to be premeditated and can encompass actions that show a wanton disregard of another’s safety. Although I guess it only matters what PA law says on the matter, not NY or TX. But  yes I’m calling it that until determined by a court of law or at least until I get more info on the actual incident. 

one example? we can both find countless ones to prove our respective points. But to repeat for the third time, I think both the cops and people rioting (not protesting) seem to have overreacted. 

Goddamn you're a retard. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Charge the cops with a knife and you'll probably die. Go ahead and set your city on fire, but this simple fact is not going to change. 

In the states? Sadly that is true for now but discussing any alternatives that might solve this issue is out of the purview of this thread and board. 

4 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Goddamn you're a retard. 

Based on the fact that I don’t like people murdered by cops? That I agree we should be protesting everyday after even more of our fellow citizens are unlawfully killed by cops? That both cops and rioters are overreacting?  Sure, I’ll take that badge any day but please be specific.

12 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Charge the cops with a knife and you'll probably die. Go ahead and set your city on fire, but this simple fact is not going to change. 

Look at the sentence construction here. Who is the "you" and "your"?

(All black people lumped in as one unit. Because that's the entire purpose of this thread.)

It's less than a week out, so I recommend we break out a separate thread for the inevitable violence coming on Election Night and the days after, probably until 20 January.  

I adhere to the old socio-political adage, "The difference between looting before Election Day and looting on Election Night?  The savings!"  

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Look at the sentence construction here. Who is the "you" and "your"?

(All black people lumped in as one unit. Because that's the entire purpose of this thread.)

I am not @Poe It Up, but I'm pretty confident that this statement refers to everyone who attacks LEOs and riots and loots. (because all races riot, loot and attack cops).  Why do you keep insinuating that it's only black people that riot and loot or attack cops?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's less than a week out, so I recommend we break out a separate thread for the inevitable violence coming on Election Night and the days after, probably until 20 January.  

I adhere to the old socio-political adage, "The difference between looting before Election Day and looting on Election Night?  The savings!"  

I would imagine a general election night discussion and a post election violence/destruction thread would be appropriate. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I am not @Poe It Up, but I'm pretty confident that this statement refers to everyone who attacks LEOs and riots and loots. (because all races riot, loot and attack cops).  Why do you keep insinuating that it's only black people that riot and loot or attack cops?

No dude, my pronouns are obviously a dog whistle. 

9 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I would imagine a general election night discussion and a post election violence/destruction thread would be appropriate. 

They'll be plenty of election night discussion on CR.  But I think we need one in the ilk of this thread in DT for other news of Election Night madness.  'Cause the shit ain't gonna stop that night either.  We're gonna have 11-weeks of politically related violence just due to the Election Results (or lack of results more likely).  

Police brutality, Black Lives matter, Michigan terrorists, Philly looting, Minneapolis Burning..............it's all been pre-season exhibition for what's coming next week.  

The darkest chapter in the last 80 years in this country has yet to come.  77 of the ugliest days since the start of our Pacific Island hopping campaign, maybe since the end of the Civil War.  I don't want to discount what's already happened in the last several months around the nation, but it's simply been a preamble to what's coming next.  The death toll will hit the triple digits.  Now, let's go grab some lunch ;) 

Edited by Lobo

7 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

It's not only black people, but black/white race relations and power dynamics are at the center of this question.

There are dozens of areas of crime in which we could be interested. Yet this thread is squarely focused on one that has massive racial dynamics. And its participants are clearly marked and their contributions are clearly different.

One "side" posts examples police malfeasance and one "side" posts examples of rioters/looters. Why is that? Is it random?

6 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Yes, let’s analyze pronouns. Bless your heart. 

Hell yes now do jokes about how you identify as an attack helicopter and then do a joke about transgender bathrooms. Then you'll get your spot on Rogan.

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

huh? If Biden wins it all ends.

• Hook 'Em 1

They missed a great opportunity to name that company.  Uber is already a german word.  Munition is German for Ammunition.  

Anyway, I think I'll use the same excuse for not attending any political rallies one way or the other next week, "Oh man, yeah, I wanna come to the protest/rally/celebration/condemnation...but I'm out of masks and ammo."  

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

What is it with you and race?  We're all fine with people sharing videos of crazy ass white folk doing this same stupid shit.  Frankly, in most of these nightly videos thanks to masks and hoodies, I cant tell one color from another anyways. 

Some people just want to be repressed

"Help! Help!  I'm being oppressed! See the violent inherent in the system!"

"Help! Help!  I'm being oppressed! See the violent inherent in the system!"

c9d8691bc7df91b9f7999cf2bcae261f.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2020 at 11:06 AM, Lobo said:

My building in downtown Houston just sent out a notice that the doors will be locked to/from the outside from Tuesday night through Thursday morning, “or as long as necessary in light of anticipated potential social unrest.

• Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

My building in downtown Houston just sent out a notice that the doors will be locked to/from the outside from Tuesday night through Thursday morning, “or as long as necessary in light of anticipated potential social unrest.”

Fuck you, Trump.

i'm still not sure what you are worried about.  Biden wins nothing will happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

c9d8691bc7df91b9f7999cf2bcae261f.jpg
Lol. Fragile terrified white male who constantly feels oppressed and threatened by other races demanding equal footing makes this statement.

The demographic group who by far does the most crying about being oppressed is white males. Black people are just asking not to be murdered.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

i'm still not sure what you are worried about.  Biden wins nothing will happen.

I’m not worried about anything. I’m lamenting the fact that our president has led our country to the place that a measure like this is deemed necessary, just in case. 

Same reason I’m incensed that a 24-hour armed security detail is deemed necessary for the Harris County Clerk (who just took over on an interim basis mere months ago, and is of course doing an amazing job) and his wife. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Yes, let’s analyze pronouns. Bless your heart. 

Pronouns are so racist, and

11 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

My building in downtown Houston just sent out a notice that the doors will be locked to/from the outside from Tuesday night through Thursday morning, “or as long as necessary in light of anticipated potential social unrest.”

Fuck you, Trump.

Yes yes a person wins the election, and it's Their fault the looting begins. Of course It's not the people who can't accept the results of a free election... bless their little hearts.

I'm dismantling my studio for the 3rd time tomorrow because of probable violence in our city on election night.

Fuck the looters, and other assorted assholes who can't accept democracy. Fuck 'em right proper.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Of course It's not the people who can't accept the results of a free election... bless their little hearts.

If it were a truly free election without voter suppression and intimidation, and a president that didn’t ask for foreign interference, then I’d agree.  But...that’s not the case here.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Unarmed couple shot dead in Illinois.

Body camera from shooting cop turned on AFTER the shooting.

In body camera footage taken before the shooting, an officer not involved in the shooting approaches the car and tells Stinnette he is under arrest. When Williams asks why, the officer says, "Because he got a warrant." The officer has his hand on the car when Williams drives off. "Hey, they just ran me over," the officer yells.

The officer who shot Stinnette and Williams did not turn his body camera on until after the shooting, his body camera footage shows.

Once that officer, who has not been identified, turns on the body camera, he appears to be standing several yards away from the crashed car. About 30 seconds in, he says, "I was right behind you, and you almost tried to run me over." Another officer can be seen running toward the car and its passengers, yelling, "Are you OK? What happened? Who shot you?" as Williams can be heard screaming for help.

A few seconds later, the officer who ran toward the car backs away and asks several officers gathered at and arriving at the scene, "Who shot them?"

The officer who is wearing the body camera says, "I did," and the other officer responds, "You did?"

The saving grace of this recent rioting and unrest is that it seems to be muted by way of not being amplified by the larger media machine. With all eyes and focus on the election, there isn't as much external oxygen to give this round of unrest much potential to rage on and on and on...and on and on and on, seems to be the good news.

At least this is my perspective as someone who consumes the same amount and same mediums of news who has been served content and commentary about Philadelphia and otherwise, at about 1/3 of the amount it seems (repeating, of course /leeroyjenkins).

12 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I’m not worried about anything. I’m lamenting the fact that our president has led our country to the place that a measure like this is deemed necessary, just in case. 

Same reason I’m incensed that a 24-hour armed security detail is deemed necessary for the Harris County Clerk (who just took over on an interim basis mere months ago, and is of course doing an amazing job) and his wife. 

oh no, you are worried but its OK.  People rioting blame it on Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm dismantling my studio for the 3rd time tomorrow because of probable violence in our city on election night.

Onboard spends quite a bit of time here talking about beating the asses of hippies and liberals but is absolutely terrified of them to the point of dismantling his whole business.

LMAO. What a pussy.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, seven said:

These thugs and agitators should be run over or sent to prison for kidnapping 

They blocked a highway? THATS VIOLENCE AND KIDNAPPING!!!!111!!!ONE!!!ELEVENTY!!!

I'm looking forward to this thread gleefully shit posting about how they deserve to be brutalized by the police or a truck driving through them