Liverpool FC: 20 for 20-21

Firemans4Horn

The deal for Werner also required a lump sum in order to activate his release clause. I doubt we pay that much for Sarr but he was Watford's record signing last season at £30M, so there gonna want something in that neighborhood. Then again, they don't have PL money anymore.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t think it’s bottom 3. It’s not a bad color in person.

Warrior was terrible with away/3rd Jerseys. 12-13 3rd jersey was some tribal tattoo piece of shit,13-14 road and 3rd jerseys were god awful and I’m sure we’ve had some worse alternate jerseys in the last decade (yellow warrior ones come to mind).

22 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I don’t think it’s bottom 3. It’s not a bad color in person.

Warrior was terrible with away/3rd Jerseys. 12-13 3rd jersey was some tribal tattoo piece of shit,13-14 road and 3rd jerseys were god awful and I’m sure we’ve had some worse alternate jerseys in the last decade (yellow warrior ones come to mind).

The only ones in that category IMO are the 13/14  Away and 3rd.

spacer.png spacer.png

I didn't really like the 18/19 3rd or the first 3rdspacer.png spacer.png

but the rest were either OK, or pretty good IMO.  This one is bad.  

Thiago move heating up. We've officially made contact but apparently don't want to meet the €30M fee that Bayern is demanding. He's only got a year left on his contract, yeah? That's a lotta coin for a 29-year old who can't seem to stay healthy but he's also world class, so there's that.

Guessing this one happens as soon as Bayern are done w/ CL.

I'd call that an upgrade. It's wild that they had about 2 weeks off. 

Going back to the kit discussion, the 2012-2013 home shirt is my favorite of the Warrior>New Balance era. Whole lot of crappy kits though in that time. 2017-2018 to present were all pretty great home kits. Away and 3rd kits are always crap to me though I have the orange 2017-2018 one from my trip to Anfield. My favorite is still the 2008 Adidas home kit with the Carlsberg sponsorship and the old crest. 

new-lfc-home-shirt-08-10.jpg

Edited by mdmost

The Pep one was more enjoyable. Put all his eggs in the UEFA basket and still came up empty. Curious what this means for them going forward. His act has to be wearing thin with the players. It wouldn't shock me to see them go for one more time with him by spending big. 

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The Pep one was more enjoyable. Put all his eggs in the UEFA basket and still came up empty. Curious what this means for them going forward. His act has to be wearing thin with the players. It wouldn't shock me to see them go for one more time with him by spending big. 

With the season starting in a few weeks, they'd by hard pressed to find another manager of Pep's quality. I'm sure they are going to be prepared for a quick trigger if things don't go well this fall.

City is not going to replace Pep this year but I think it might be his last season with them. The club owners want Champions League above all else and he's failed to deliver. Not many managers better than Pep but I would guess they'd settle for Simeone or Pocchetino after failing to get Zidane.

Fixtures for this year:

2020-21 Premier League fixture list

September
12 – Leeds United (H)
19 – Chelsea (A)
26 – Arsenal (H)

October
3 – Aston Villa (A)
17 – Everton (A)
24 – Sheffield United (H)
31 – West Ham United (H)

November