Liverpool FC: 20 for 20-21

Firemans4Horn

First 10 fixtures are pretty brutal. Not sure I like starting w/ Leeds, which is a potential banana peel. Chelsea have a bunch of new players to fit into their squad, so I guess getting them early isn't a bad thing, but then Arsenal, Bitters away, City away, and Leicester makes for a pretty tough first quarter of the season.

Don't know when the CL/FAC games ar, but on the surface I like it.

Sept - promoted team, two good teams, but breaking in new players

Oct - Sheffield/everton, but overall pretty good

Nov - We have to play City sometime, Leicester will be good, but only three games.  

Dec/Jan - pretty tame over the holiday period(12/26-1/2), not terrible

Feb - Playing City/Leicester back to back again lol? everton/Sheffield make it congested

Mar - sparse, but Wolves/Chelse

April - overall decent

May- have manu, but the last four look tasty at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

Tough start but like mentioned best to get Chelsea before they get new guys all on same page.

It looks worse on paper than it is...arsenal,chelsea,toffees,city in first 8 games but it's better than playing them all after they get a few games to gel

We'll be working Pulisic back, too. Might have a new keeper.

Ironically it's kind of better for us to see you early. We might be dropping some early games anyway.

14 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

If Gini leaves, we are screwed.

Doubt the club would let him leave this season. I'm guessing we'd rather lose him on a free next year than sell him for what, £15M?, this year. Even if we get Thiago we would still keep Gini, I think. Klopp slowly beds in his players and in this era where it takes upwards of 95+ points to win the league, you simply can't afford a slow start.  

10 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Gini is worth way more than £15m. He started 35 of 38 league games for a record setting EPL team. Also ruins people when he plays for his national team. 

He's worth more to us, absolutely. But just like Thiago is worth way more than £30M, his value takes a huge hit with just a year left on his contract. 

Kid got his home jersey in the mail Saturday.  Nice looking and good feel, thought they looked good on the pitch Saturday.  Got the lesser expensive one, thought we'd lose the stuck on badge/etc. on the more expensive one and glad we did.  Still pretty pricey.  

The question with Brewster is whether or not he can contribute enough goals to justify his inclusion in the team, since he does little else besides finish. I realize that's a little harsh, and obviously goals win you points, but Klopp is so demanding of his players' overall contribution; I could see him going out on loan again, even though he's done about as much as someone can to prove his worth.

Just now, 406W30th said:

The question with Brewster is whether or not he can contribute enough goals to justify his inclusion in the team, since he does little else besides finish. I realize that's a little harsh, and obviously goals win you points, but Klopp is so demanding of his players' overall contribution; I could see him going out on loan again, even though he's done about as much as someone can to prove his worth.

But how can he learn what Klopp demands in the Championship? 

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

All Aguero does is score goals and he’s one of the top 15 players in EPL history. 

So did Alan Shearer and I'm skeptical Klopp would've played him in his side.

I'm not at all against keeping Brewster around and I hope he scores goals for fun. I just could see the reasoning behind loaning him out again, especially if he's not seeing the field much.

30 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Right now, what else does Origi/Shaqiri offer?  If we could replace Origi with Brewster and get some transfer money, that's a win IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1