Liverpool FC: 20 for 20-21

Firemans4Horn

1 hour ago, pied said:

Right now, what else does Origi/Shaqiri offer?  If we could replace Origi with Brewster and get some transfer money, that's a win IMO.

Origi is a perfect example – he contributed a goal/assist every 100 minutes this season and yet we'd still probably sell him tomorrow if we got a decent offer. He's a proven goal scorer and has done so on the biggest of stages but if Leeds slapped down £20M tomorrow, we'd snap their hand off. (Shaqiri doesn't offer anything because he can't stay fit for more than a few days.) 

I don't want to see Brewster sent out on loan – he more than deserves a shot to contribute in the cups and off the bench. I just wouldn't be shocked if we see him loaned out again because I'm not sure he's a great fit for Klopp's system.

If we don't sign Thiago, I'm going to be pissed. I'm tired of watching Chelsea, City, et all make big moves while we are selling.
#6 #19....fuck'em let them spend big

97pts and 99pts last two years....why be upset when the cake is baked and we are going after trophies

We had very good chance at #7 if adrian didnt go braindead for 2 mins
  • Hook 'Em 1

Injuries are my big worry which is why I want more depth. Hendo and Ox already hurt. Matip and Gomez are a worry in the same regard. Gini seems to be gone. Origi seems next up to leave. We didn't do anything last year and it worked out but we also had a ton of luck on the injury side. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

On a scale of 1 to Coutinho, how worried should we be about these Mane to Barca rumors? I figured we'd lose him or Salah to La Liga at some point. 

I don’t think I’m too worried about it at the moment. Not saying it’s not possible but we would demand more than Coutinho cost I think. Plus Sadio doesn’t seem too concerned about the money part.

Gini to Barca seems to be heating up, with rumors that we're negotiating the fee. I can't blame him for wanting a new challenge but I'm skeptical that we'll be able to get anything close to good value for him. He's been an absolute stalwart in our team – reliable as hell, a great leader on/off the field, and consistently chipped in with vital goals in big games. I genuinely think we should hold onto him and let him leave on a free next summer rather than take a cut-rate fee for him now. 

If we have Thiago sorted then Gini is more expendable but I worry about his injury record and whether or not he can immediately fit into our team from the word go.

I love Gini, however, oddly enough, I think Thiago is more suited for our midfield. Especially with Naby looking like a lock at starter. Thiago and Hendo know how to run the pivot and Thiago is a fantastic deep playmaker. It looked like we slipped into a 4-2-1-3 at the end of the match, that might be Klopp thinking about slotting Thiago into the 8 roll

Edited by Cheeseweasel
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I love Gini, however, oddly enough, I think Thiago is more suited for our midfield. Especially with Naby looking like a lock at starter. Thiago and Hendo know how to run the pivot and Thiago is a fantastic deep playmaker. It looked like we slipped into a 4-2-1-3 at the end of the match, that might be Klopp thinking about slotting Thiago into the 8 roll

Where does Fabinho fit into that formation?

1 minute ago, 406W30th said:

Where does Fabinho fit into that formation?

Any damn where he wants.

Legit question though. He's a lock starter vs. Naby right now. I'm just not 100% on Henderson being match fit for the whole season. I don't think this is our starting formation, but one we'd switch to after 50-60 minutes.

• Like 1

On a scale of 1 to Coutinho, how worried should we be about these Mane to Barca rumors? I figured we'd lose him or Salah to La Liga at some point. 
-3.....I didnt see anybody worry about the klopp to Barca rumors a week ago.

Not sure why anybody would be worried about mane or Salah leaving one of the 4 teams in Europe right now that have legitimate CL title Hope's for Barca right now

Would you rather get £20M for Gini this summer or let him leave on a free next summer? I'd prefer the latter, especially given that he's only on £80K/week. He's been nothing but a total professional since his arrival so I don't think he'd mail it in this season, even if his head is in Catalonia.

2 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Would you rather get £20M for Gini this summer or let him leave on a free next summer? I'd prefer the latter, especially given that he's only on £80K/week. He's been nothing but a total professional since his arrival so I don't think he'd mail it in this season, even if his head is in Catalonia.

Yeah, I'd keep him unless that 20M is going to be a sticking point for FSG to get Thiago. It's a bit of a chess match right now, I would imagine. 

Gini is one of the most consistent players we've had under Klopp and he solved many of our midfield issues. I wish his finishing was better (he's proven that he can finish when he plays internationally), but he's a key to Klopp's success. I hope we don't lose him, but I fear he's gone next year regardless. Our future at midfield looks good, but having someone like Jones play with a Gini or a Thiago for another season will only make him better.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Losing Gini, regardless of fee, will suck because he's usually available. 

Our depth isn't at the point where we can afford to suffer injuries or prioritize anything other than the league and the UCL.

This. And "trading" Gini for Thiago is a setback. Klopp's system isn't something anyone in our midfield has picked up quickly. It's taken Naby 1 year. It took Fabinho 6 months. Obviously Lallana never got it.