Liverpool FC: 20 for 20-21

Firemans4Horn

I think we have to go forward w/ Fabinho + Gomez as our CB partnership even if Matip is fit. Dude is so unreliable that you can't expect to get more than one or two games from him before he's out again and we need Jomez and Fabinho to build some rapport and establish an understanding.

Obviously we'd miss Fabinho in the midfield but we've got good depth there and both Hendo and Wijnaldum can play the #6 just fine.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Glad we were able to get a result here. Can anyone explain to me what the fuck the penalty was? Looked like he got ball and looked out of the box?

Ref gave the foul then checked amd determined he was on the line which is part of the penalty area, so a penalty. 

It doesn't really make any logical sense but Joe Gomez has played a lot better in Virgil's absence. Maybe he feels like he has to step up in a more significant way or he's less intimidate by partnering w/ Fabinho, but he's looked really good the past two games. A silver lining with van Dijk's injury could be a quicker, more drastic maturation and development of Gomez.

Jota was absolutely fantastic yesterday. Such an intelligent player.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/24/2020 at 3:53 PM, hobbes2702 said:

Can anyone explain to me what the fuck the penalty was?

We are back in the 3rd circle of hell where the refs fuck up a call and VAR focus on where the foul took place and not bother to review if it is actually a foul.

As shitty as that call was, Chelsea got absolutely screwed by VAR on Saturday.