Liverpool FC: 20 for 20-21

Firemans4Horn

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This. And "trading" Gini for Thiago is a setback. Klopp's system isn't something anyone in our midfield has picked up quickly. It's taken Naby 1 year. It took Fabinho 6 months. Obviously Lallana never got it. 

Incorrect. He was a model Klopp player from 15-17. Injuries caught up with him but Klopp still loved him. Look at the send off he got compared to every other player that has left under Klopp. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I know the majority of LFC fans dislike Dejan for his many brain farts on the field but he is universally loved in the locker room. Speaks 5 languages, grew up a refugee from the Bosnian civil war, hilarious sense of humor. 

He’ll be a successful person long after his football career is over. 

• Hook 'Em 2

So with the African Cup news, any forwards we can buy that aren't going to need to take part in that. Sarr would be an issue if he's still in the cards. Obviously, Egypt and Senegal probably both won't go the distance but there's 6 possible matches each could miss. 

Edited by mdmost

38 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So with the African Cup news, any forwards we can buy that aren't going to need to take part in that. Sarr would be an issue if he's still in the cards. Obviously, Egypt and Senegal probably both won't go the distance but there's 6 possible matches each could miss. 

Of course this is when we play ManU, Spurs, and City. 

Keep Brewster at the club, for starters. Go after Adama Traore. 

Don't see FSG spending big for what would be needed to get Traore unless they can get a good amount for Origi, Gini, and others. Definitely want to keep Rhian or at least try to do a half-season loan. Gets him some experience but brings him back when we need him. Assuming you can even do that. I don't profess to know much about loan out protocols. 

True. I'm hoping we can build a big lead like last season that creates a nice buffer. Though I think City will be better and we will drop off a bit. This season will be really interesting given the short offseason. Fitness could be a bigger issue than most seasons. 

Edited by mdmost

3 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Mini can play on the wing as can Origi (not nearly as great as Mo & Mane obviously)

I wouldn't do that although it's a possibility. I'd play with a box/diamond midfield with Fabs, Henderson, Gini and Thiago. In front of them put Bob and Origi. Then you have Ox, Jones, Taki, Elliott, Shaq and Brewster in reserve provided they're all fit and some of those aren't sold/loaned by then.

That's just what I'd do if I brought in Thiago and was able to keep Gini.

Are you all really excited for the season to start again? I'm trying to get excited about it but I can't yet for some reason. Maybe it's because the season just ended or that Anfield won't be the same without people there. I think Liverpool might struggle a bit more than people think due to just not having that presence this year.

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm excited. It feels like we're getting more towards a return to normalcy. EPL Saturday mornings, college football in the afternoon and evening. NFL on Sunday. I saw that United are going to try for supporters in the next couple of matches. That could all be just talk but Anfield is shooting for supporters in October. 

3rd kit:

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm not terribly bullish on us this year but if there's any manager in the world that can motivate his squad, it's Klopp. I'm concerned with fatigue, both mental and physical, and obviously the fact that we've brought in basically no one over the last three windows. Coupled with the fact that Anfield will be empty and our mostly uninspiring form after the restart, I'd be somewhat shocked if we're able to repeat.

Klopp has always spoken about the need to keep things fresh, so I'm hoping he has big plans for Keita, Minamino, and Jones. I'm not sure how much we'll stray for the tried and true 4-3-3 that absolutely decimated the league last season, but it feels like some teams have figured it out and I'd like to see more of the diamond and 4-2-3-1. 

Our opening match has banana skin written all over it, and while I think we'll end up winning, Leeds is going to come out firing and there will be periods of the match where they take it to us.

Very excited to have meaningful football back. Honestly feels like Boxing Day was the last time a league game felt consequential.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, iodeac said:

Are you all really excited for the season to start again? I'm trying to get excited about it but I can't yet for some reason. Maybe it's because the season just ended or that Anfield won't be the same without people there. I think Liverpool might struggle a bit more than people think due to just not having that presence this year.

I have a general malaise about everything. I'm glad there's sports to somewhat distract but nothing feels right.

• Hook 'Em 1

I wonder if anyone has done a deep dive into how the lack of supporters has affected the home and away teams such as goals scored, win/loss record, and penalties awarded? I'd imagine it has had an effect on the officiating as there's no home crowd to be swayed/intimidated by. I'd imagine form would hold in that the good teams do fine regardless and the lesser talented teams still struggle on the road. The only real factor is how the traveling team has to change their protocols and the impact that has, which I'm doubtful is that much more of an impact than previously.