EPL 2017-2018

sidis

On 3/26/2018 at 10:31 AM, Biscuits And Groovy said:

The relegation battle looks like it could be fun. Only 8 points between 18th and 10th. 

Maybe, it might be also over except for 1 place and that might just be a 2 team race. The biggest problem for these teams is how they just don't get points. That's why in the 538 models right now having over 32 points pretty much saves you. Even at 30, with a game in hand Palace has some security.

I1w7tEf.png

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

I for one am very much looking forward to Stoke getting sent down (assuming it happens) . Kind of like wanting to be done with Sunderland last year because they are just so fucking pathetic, Stoke are just such fucking brutish louts.  

I don't see how Stoke stays up. They have 2 tough matches in Spurs and Liverpool, realistically leaving them with 4 matches to find the points to get out of the hole, and with only 1 against a bottom 4 team, they need help.

BTW - here are the run-ins for the bottom 6. I picked these because they are the teams that are 3 points within relegation.

4/7-4/8         4/14-4/16       4/17-4/23       4/28-4/30       5/5             5/13            PPD
West Brom (20)      Swansea         @ManU           Liverpool       @Newcastle      Spurs           @Palace         
Stoke City (27)     Spurs           @West Ham       Burnley         @Liverpool      Palace          @Swansea        
Southampton (28)*   @Arsenal        Chelsea         @Leicester      Bournemouth     @Everton        Man City        (Swansea)           
Palace (30)         @Bournemouth    Brighton        @Watford        Leicester       @Stoke          West Brom
Huddersfield (31)   Brighton        Watford         ----            Everton         @Man City       Arsenal         (Chelsea)
Swansea (31)*       @West Brom      Everton         @Man City       Chelsea         @Bournemouth    Stoke           (So'ton)

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

I don't see how Stoke stays up. They have 2 tough matches in Spurs and Liverpool, realistically leaving them with 4 matches to find the points to get out of the hole, and with only 1 against a bottom 4 team, they need help.

BTW - here are the run-ins for the bottom 6. I picked these because they are the teams that are 3 points within relegation.

4/7-4/8         4/14-4/16       4/17-4/23       4/28-4/30       5/5             5/13            PPD
West Brom (20)      Swansea         @ManU           Liverpool       @Newcastle      Spurs           @Palace         
Stoke City (27)     Spurs           @West Ham       Burnley         @Liverpool      Palace          @Swansea        
Southampton (28)*   @Arsenal        Chelsea         @Leicester      Bournemouth     @Everton        Man City        (Swansea)           
Palace (30)         @Bournemouth    Brighton        @Watford        Leicester       @Stoke          West Brom
Huddersfield (31)   Brighton        Watford         ----            Everton         @Man City       Arsenal         (Chelsea)
Swansea (31)*       @West Brom      Everton         @Man City       Chelsea         @Bournemouth    Stoke           (So'ton)

in Southampton's 3 key 6-point matches before this difficult run-in above, they earned 1 point, scoring just once.

Stoke 0-0

Newcastle 3-0

WestHam 3-0

they deserve to go down.

So who replaces Pardew?  From a quote by maninblack on SB:

Roy Hodgson - West Brom

David Moyes - Everton

Sam Allardyce - Crystal Palace

Alan Pardew - West Ham

Shuffle

Roy Hodgson - Crystal Palace

David Moyes - West Ham

Sam Allardyce - Everton

Alan Pardew - West Brom

Also

So look at this list for the replacement.