EPL 2017-2018

sidis

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I'd rather Southampton not be the 3rd team to go down but some clubs need the cleansing fire of relegation to eventually get turned around. Or you could plummet like a rock into the abyss like Sunderland or Wigan. 

Sunderland desperately need Ellis Short to sell the club. The problem is that Short put Sunderland in a decent amount of debt by making continual bad decisions (per the 2017 released figures, £68m owed to Short, £67m owed to banks. That makes it much less appealing for any potential buyer.

They'll be in League One next year mainly because they sold Pickford for £30m and only invested £1.25m into the squad. Their GK has been abysmal and they haven’t really had a striker worth a shit all year.

Apparently CFC has gone into shut down mode in regards to information. This includes their often used mouth piece Matt Law.

Matt Law‏ Verified account @Matt_Law_DT

Just because you haven't been linked doesn't mean you're not looking. Chelsea virtually in shut down right now re information

No clue what's going on, but assuming that Conte is out sooner than later and we are currently working on replacing him.

I feel this quote is useful right now in regards to the status of CFC.

"Omelettes, eggs. No eggs, no omelettes. And it depends on the quality of the eggs in the supermarket. They are class one, two or three and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. When the class one eggs are not available you have a problem."

I just do not have a good understanding of soccer management. Conte looked like a fucking genius of all geniuses last year. Took tenth place to top spot by a long shot. Now they are a bit of a scattered mess because they don’t have a legitimate 9 and that is obvious. Is that his fault or the putinesque bitch?

I feel bad for Conte. I don't think his management has been bad, but Chelsea's front office just did such bad a job in the transfer market that I don't think he stood a chance. Most clubs I would say it's the manager's fault for not identifying the right targets, but Chelsea run things so differently with Marina Granovskaia having so much direct control of the transfers. It's clear that their big scouting guy, Michael Emenalo, leaving was a massive blow that still hasn't been rectified. With Conte, I think he has been trying to figure out something to fix their midfield, but replacing Matic with Bakayoko meant that they didn't have a DM to drop in between the CBs and act as a Pivot. Kante is great but he is always all over the pitch, and Bakayoko is a Box-to-Box. Going to a 3-man midfield instead of the 2-man midfield still doesn't quite work because there isn't any stability. Maybe if he used Cesc the way that Ancelotti used Pirlo at Milan as a regista with 3 DMs in front of him, but Chelsea dont have a 4th midfielder right now either. The club just put Conte in a shit situation this season.

So the EFL is investigating League Two club Accrington Stanley because their owner has been giving the team $200 to go buy burgers from McDonalds after wins and that bonus isn’t expressly written into their contract. The EFL seems eerily similar to the NCAA.

Edited by Schulz2.0

7 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

So the EFL is investigating League Two club Accrington Stanley because their owner has been giving the team $200 to go buy burgers from McDonalds after wins and that bonus isn’t expressly written into their contract. The EFL seems eerily similar to the NCAA.

The players could make a good case that $200.00 worth of McDonald's food is punishment, not a reward.

• Like 1

Are you talking about this call?

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/zbzbrb

That's a tough call either way. Young gets the ball first, the question really comes down to do you think that doesn't matter when Aguero gets to the ball and causes Young's foot to come over the top. It's one of those calls that could have gone either way and I am not sure either side would be happy.

3 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

England’s best midfielder looks ready for Russia. Looked like a dumpster fire today. 

Yeah that was by far his worst game this year; he was terrible today. Probably just hungover or something.

He’s still England’s best midfielder by a mile.

Edited by Goo Punch

Soton's CBs suck.. i think about all the good to great ones we have had.. Lovren, Fonte, Alderweireld, Van Dijk.

Replacing with cheaper unknown players is always risky, and it has not worked out. Hoedt, Yoshida, and Stephens are all Championship quality CBs, which unironically is where we will be playing next season. They ought to fit right in.

I miss the team we once had.

we have given away 9 goals in the last 3 PL matches. compare that to Liverpool who have give away only 9 goals in the last 10 PL matches!

Edited by yoladu