03 drubbing of #9 Corn on LHN

ztejas

23 minutes ago, fellside said:

Mike Williams had himself a game. 

Somehow I forgot Vince and Roy played together.

And Robison and Derrick Johnson.

'06 Texas if Vince had stayed would have been the best team in the history of college football, right? I can't even comprehend the destruction we would have wrought.

1 hour ago, capnamerca said:

And Robison and Derrick Johnson.

'06 Texas if Vince had stayed would have been the best team in the history of college football, right? I can't even comprehend the destruction we would have wrought.

We would have fucked for sure. Probably would have been more dynamic on offense but taken a step back on the OLine. Secondary and DLine was elite. Probably end up being just as good as '05 with the potential to be better, but you never know. We would have almost assuredly run the table up until the MNC - and been favored against Florida.

I honestly forget how close we were to going back to the MNC game in '06 without Vince. Close losses to atm and Kst fucked up an otherwise pretty damn good season with rs freshman Colt. But I guess it's becoming easier to forget that we were relevant in the national title race every year for almost an entire decade. 2000 and 2007 were the only years where we had fallen out of the top 10 come nut cutting time. 

3 minutes ago, Apex73 said:

I remember after this game that tool Trev Alberts said Texas wouldn't have won this game without Vince Young and I was like what fucking game were you watching?  The defense held them to 7 points if I recall correctly.

With 13 or something minutes in the 4th quarter Nebraska had 66 total yards of offense. So your reaction was justified.

4 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

That was the game where my kindergarten daughter was convinced that her 30-something year old teacher was a Nebraska cheerleader because she told my daughter that she cheers for the Huskers. 

pics of teacher?