Dana Stubblefield Convicted of Rape

Doc Reeves

9 month trial. That guy is a fucked up shit head.

https://people.com/crime/former-49ers-player-dana-stubblefield-convicted-of-raping-developmentally-disabled-babysitter/

Dana Stubblefield, a former NFL player, has been convicted of rape.
On Monday, the 49-year-old retired athlete, who joined the San Fransisco 49ers in the 1993 football season, was found guilty of rape by force, oral copulation by force and false imprisonment, after a nine-month trial.
According to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office, Stubblefield "lured a developmentally disabled woman to his home" in Morgan Hill, California, under the guise of a babysitter job interview on April 9, 2015.
The victim — who was 31 at the time — was contacted via a babysitter hiring website, and she immediately reported the crime to Morgan Hill Police.

Stubblefield was also found to have used a gun during the sexual assault, though he was found not guilty of the rape of a person incapable of giving consent, and oral copulation of a person incapable of giving consent.
Stubblefield faces 15-years-to-life in prison and is currently being held without bail as he awaits his sentencing.
"This was a triumph of resilience. The victim has struggled her whole life with learning disabilities and challenges to be self-sufficient. If we are not fighting for her, then who are we fighting for?" said District Attorney Jeff Rosen in a press release.......

Truly sickening story. It would be nice to say at least it has a happy ending, but it doesn't. 

It's good that justice prevails, but I doubt that the victim's life is much improved by the outcome. I hope she can collect damages to at least ease her material life.

4 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

On Monday, the 49-year-old retired athlete, who joined the San Fransisco 49ers in the 1993 football season, was found guilty of rape by force, oral copulation by force and false imprisonment, after a nine-month trial.

4 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Stubblefield was also found to have used a gun during the sexual assault, though he was found not guilty of the rape of a person incapable of giving consent, and oral copulation of a person incapable of giving consent.

I guess they thought she was capable of giving consent. That would seem easier than finding him straight up guilty of rape, but maybe she’s not developmentally disabled enough.  At least they nailed the POS. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

This is the kind of thing that keeps me up nights worrying.

Then use a false name and disguise, and definitely don't use your own place.

..... kidding, guy is sick!  Good riddance.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Can I also ask why a baby sitting service is reaching out to a developmentally disabled individual to look after little human lives?  

Developmentally disabled as in learning disabilities? The DA is quoted in that article as saying she struggled with learning disabilities. Doesn't mean she was retarded or unfit for child care.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Marsellus Wallace said:

Early in my career I defended an 81 year-old guy on a forcible rape charge. I plead it down to assault with a dead weapon.

That's nothing. I once represented a guy charged with anal sodomy. I plead him down to following too close and negligent collision. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Developmentally disabled as in learning disabilities? The DA is quoted in that article as saying she struggled with learning disabilities. Doesn't mean she was retarded or unfit for child care.

Dana probably saw it as a chance to "have power over the girl", in which case, it's a bad look for the charge...

4 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Would they charge him with doing things to a person unable to give consent if she just had a learning disability?

10 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Correct. DD can cover many things that can affect someone with a fairly normal IQ, which probably explains why he was not found guilty of rape of someone unable to give consent. 

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Would they charge him with doing things to a person unable to give consent if she just had a learning disability?

They added that charge hoping it would stick or to hopefully get him to plead. 

On 7/28/2020 at 3:29 PM, CurlyDumps said:

Personally I'd say that the DA just overcharged unnecessarily. They already had enough to pin him down for many years.

On 7/28/2020 at 9:20 PM, Bullneck said:

Reindeer_games.jpg

Apparently, he was in a movie once.

(Side note: I hate movies that use snippets of lyrics as their titles.  "All Fall Down" or "Rockets Red Glare." )

Affleck's character was named Rudy (Rudolph) in the movie. 

• 2 months later...

15 to life. 

Former San Francisco 49ers star Dana Stubblefield was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison on Thursday after being found guilty of raping a woman he had interviewed for a babysitting job, according to The Mercury News’ Robert Salonga.

The sentence was reportedly issued after judge Arthur Bocanegra denied a defense motion for a new trial. The Sixth District Court of Appeal has also reportedly denied a petition from Stubblefield’s legal team.

In July, Stubblefield was found guilty of rape by force, oral copulation by force and false imprisonment by a jury that also determined he used a gun in the act. He was found not guilty on a charge of rape of a person incapable of giving consent.

Stubblefield’s accuser, identified as Jane Doe, alleged that she went to his home to interview for a babysitting job on April 9, 2015. She claimed that Stubblefield texted her after she left the initial interview that he would like to pay her for her trip. When she returned, she said he gave her $80, then locked the door, carried her to a first-floor bedroom and assaulted her.

Police have reportedly obtained texts backing that account.

Prosecution reportedly portrayed Doe as intellectually disabled and incapable of providing consent to sex, the latter of which was apparently denied by the jury. Stubblefield’s defense team reportedly disputed the prosecution’s timeline and contended that Doe was returning to Stubblefield’s home for a paid sexual encounter.

Two women also reportedly testified in the trial claiming to have been assaulted by Stubblefield, though those claims resulted in no charges due to issues with statutes of limitation and jurisdiction.

12 hours ago, futureman said:

so what does that mean though?  out in six with good behavior?

In most of the United States, a life sentence means a person in prison for 15 years with the chance for parole. It can be very confusing to hear a man sentenced to life, but then 15 years later they are free. The reason this happens sometimes is the defendant, in some cases, is allowed to live the rest of their sentence on parole. Parole is when a prisoner is released into the world temporarily or permanently on account of good behavior. In other cases with more serious criminal activity, a man or woman could be sentenced to life without parole and would be in prison for the remainder of their life.

additionally:

Parole eligibility differs from place to place; each jurisdiction specifies when a prisoner becomes eligible for consideration. Often, parole boards consider prisoners for parole after they’ve completed a certain portion of their prison sentences, such as one-third.

Factors beyond sentence length also determine the point of parole eligibility:

• the type of offense
  • whether it is the first or a repeat felony, and
  • the length of time between felonies.

Edited by Doc Reeves

On 7/28/2020 at 8:44 AM, Doc Reeves said:

I guess defense attorneys wanted to get the seperate testimony of each individual  spermatozoa recovered from the incident....