Archer Season 11. Might be good again?

Parliament

2 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Wow. I just realized I have kind of hate watched this show for more than half of its existence.  Ever since he stopped being an actual spy and they did the whole Miami Vice thing.  

archer vice (s5) kinda grew on me, but i didn't like it much on first viewing.  and the season after that (s6) went back to semi-normal archer, and was solid.  moving it to la (s7) should've been much better than it was, but it wasn't very good.  the multi-part one in particular was quite weak.  s8 was dreamland, and while ambitious, never really hit the mark.  s9 was the jungle and had its moments, but i don't even think i finished it.  same with s10 (space).  i think i watched half.

obviously if this is back in nyc doing spy shit in the present day, then i'm in.

so this is the coma from the end of the la season?

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

archer vice (s5) kinda grew on me, but i didn't like it much on first viewing.  and the season after that (s6) went back to semi-normal archer, and was solid.  moving it to la (s7) should've been much better than it was, but it wasn't very good.  the multi-part one in particular was quite weak.  s8 was dreamland, and while ambitious, never really hit the mark.  s9 was the jungle and had its moments, but i don't even think i finished it.  same with s10 (space).  i think i watched half.

obviously if this is back in nyc doing spy shit in the present day, then i'm in.

Yes, and the ones since are his fever dreams while comatose. 

On 7/29/2020 at 11:33 AM, henrygandorf said:

Yeah I didn't much like Archer Vice the first time through, but really enjoy it on repeats. And yeah season 6 was great and s7 had some good moments but was just OK. I just realized from this that I actually never even watched the Jungle or Space versions. 

New season trailer looks promising. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First one was funny in a clever way in that it shot down so many of the usual tropes we loved about the first few seasons, but in a comedically tributed manner.  

I'm saving the second episode for tomorrow night.  But solid start and I like that changed everybody a bit except Krieger who is fucking creepy as ever in that J.P. van. 

I think in rewatch the dream seasons aren’t bad. Buzzing through a season in an afternoon really ties it all together. Not best ever, not shitty, but pretty alright. And still better than almost anything else out there. If you can take each season as a whole arc, they are pretty good. I see that they are 4 episodes or so into the latest season, I need to catch up