Stonklympics 2020

Tailgate

You know who you are. You know why you’ve trained so hard and you know why you’re here.

I’m open to any simple rules/app/site we can all track. I say winner and second and if we get enough prizes/cash pay 1, 2 and 3.

For those not in the know...this will be a stock picking game lasting ~30 days and winner(s) will receive portion of earnings from all.

Please post if you’d like to play and if you have rule ideas etc...some of y’all had good ideas and links...currently thinking we each start with $100.

Let’s stonk it.

Edited by Tailgate

• immamac pinned and featured this topic
52 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I'm so in. 

I can't wait until we have like 20 people in for 100 each, and then the pool of winnings is like $27 because everyone flew too close to the sun and went busto.

That the main advantage of using a virtual trading platform, which makes it more like fantasy football. That would be my vote anyway. Everyone can check real-time standings, there would be no screen shot validation bullshit, and everyone would have access to the exact same trade vehicles. $100 buy in, $10K or $100K starting portfolio, let the stonkin shitshow begin. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

That the main advantage of using a virtual trading platform, which makes it more like fantasy football. That would be my vote anyway. Everyone can check real-time standings, there would be no screen shot validation bullshit, and everyone would have access to the exact same trade vehicles. $100 buy in, $10K or $100K starting portfolio, let the stonkin shitshow begin. 

I like this idea.  $100 buy in. $10k starting portfolio.  What is going to be fucking hilarious is when somebody turns their $10k into $500k based on simulated trades and wins a $2500 pot. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I like this idea.  $100 buy in. $10k starting portfolio.  What is going to be fucking hilarious is when somebody turns their $10k into $500k based on simulated trades and wins a $2500 pot. 

They turn 10k of fake money into 500k, win 2500 real dollars, and then blow all of that real money on tanking stocks in 15 days. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

I opened a Robinhood and WeBull account to play with during Covid. I know it took a while for it to wait to deposit money and verify bank account....I’m fine with what everyone thinks is best...I could also figure out how to separate out $100 in Robinhood to track this.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Wait this isn't fun unless it's real stocks. 

Everyone needs to open a Robinhood account with $100 real dollars and you invest in real stocks and make real trades. Top 3 get the cash on exit. 50/30/20 %

This has been batted around, but the accounting could be a nightmare. If a simulated platform makes things easier and more transparent, might be preferred.  

I don't give a shit one way or the other, somebody just set it up and lets go before the house of cards comes crashing down.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ok, since I mentioned this and got the ball rolling I went ahead and started the MOFO for FOMO.

Here is the link to sign up. Sign up lasts until next Friday. Trading begins Aug 10 and ends Sept 11 (go figure).

https://www.howthemarketworks.com/register/190891

password is ‘Derka’

We each start with a virtual $10k. I made every trade free and let all options for trading open. Short selling, OTCC, Canada, Crypto, etc....so we should be good for however you all do your stonking.

For prize money...Im ok with a $100 entry....who wants to be the treasurer? Depending on number of players we can decide if we pay 1 and 2 or 1, 2 and 3. It has 25 slots but I’m sure I could expand if the number of participants grows.

Edited by Tailgate

Ok gents, go ahead and send your $100 via cash app to $HornsTailgate

I guess I’ll play treasurer too. We have six stonkers ATM. Let’s try to get at least ten. Sign up ends Friday. I’ll confirm here when payments are received. 

Get your SPY puts ready.

Edited by Tailgate
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tailgate said:

Ok gents, go ahead and send your $100 via cash app to $HornsTailgate

I guess I’ll play treasurer too. We have six stonkers ATM. Let’s try to get at least ten. Sign up ends Friday. I’ll confirm here when payments are received. 

Get your SPY puts ready.

Check your CashApp, I just sent $$.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac unfeatured and unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Probably jumping in as well, will have to figure out this cash app, never heard of it. 

It’s easy...I hadn’t heard of it either until I used it to send ranger bottle money.

5 hours ago, Uncle Boobs said:

If we lose all of our money can we buy in more?  I like to live dangerously.

Ha! No rebuys. :)

I had the cash app on my phone from last fall when a buddy used that to pay me for  USC football tickets. After updating the app.... BOOM! $310 sitting there that I had forgotten all about. Worst case,  I come out of this  shitshow $210 ahead. Brewing up some moronic stonk plays already!

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Probably jumping in as well, will have to figure out this cash app, never heard of it. 

I noticed on my Cash confirmation  email there is a referral code for new users of the app. Use the code and the both parties get $5. Post your code Tailgate for the hassle of setting this shit up and acting as treasurer. Free money beats giving $5 handies  on the street corner to cover the cost of your SPY puts getting incinerated by JPOW.....hypothetically, of course.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tailgate said:

OK gents...four in at the moment. 

We gonna have options trading in this here stonking contest? I don't see a "contest settings" option to review how our contest is set up, but I don't see a "trade options" option.

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

We gonna have options trading in this here stonking contest? I don't see a "contest settings" option to review how our contest is set up, but I don't see a "trade options" option.

Trying to check settings...but yes...I selected options trading, crypto trading and trading on Canada exchange as well.

Ok, I took this screen shot before I also selected Canada, Crypto and public portfolio (so we can all see each other’s). Let me know if anything looks off.

I can’t seem to see settings right now...but am still reviewing the site...when the contest starts all of these options should be in effect.

1bfca0f977e3ade02d0ca9008abe5728.jpg