Stonklympics 2020

Tailgate

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

Whoever wants to be the TOPS will need to gamble on some cheap shit and ride the spike

I think it's going to either be a total stonk play or some really lucky options that win this thing. I might just fade all my real money trades cause that seems like a winning formula at the moment. 

Ok, I was able to find settings and I can edit them. Please see the images and let me know if anyone suggests a tweak. The 200% areas that was the maximum I could put...not sure what that means...if something takes up 200% of you initial investment are you maxed at that position and can’t add/trade that anymore? You had to select one from the drop down and it was from 5%-200%. In any event let me know if anything looks off.

eee0d4929547264631b8b8dfbac5f67c.jpg

e333fb775fc4011b806c76e1189ab40d.jpg

Also crypto wont lock in yes. Everytime I save it on yes and reopen it says no....so likely no crypto trading. And, question mark icons next to fields are not opening on my mac, I can try PC if there are any questions on anything.

I have also chosen the max percentage on each option they make you put it to 200%.

Edited by Tailgate

BTW I still don't think options are available on this platform. I have yet to see mention of options in any of the settings, nor do I see instructions for accessing options chains. We may be limited to  buying/selling stocks like they did in the olden days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Ok, actually a couple folks I posted haven’t paid...they just signed up. If you don’t pay you’ll be removed from the contest on Saturday. Only true stonkers can watch the stonklympics. Looks like we have five paid.

I'll send in my hundo tonight. Does this ish give us premarket. I'm totally disconnected with the way work is going right now. I'm literally shitter posting right now

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

BTW I still don't think options are available on this platform. I have yet to see mention of options in any of the settings, nor do I see instructions for accessing options chains. We may be limited to  buying/selling stocks like they did in the olden days. 

Ya, I am not sure either. "Short selling" sounds like it maybe? 

3 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

I'll send in my hundo tonight. Does this ish give us premarket. I'm totally disconnected with the way work is going right now. I'm literally shitter posting right now

Let's go stonk king. Not sure about pre market.

Edited by Tailgate

We will deal with whatever perimeters this contest sets when we start. It’s part of stonk like. You need to pay via cash app because I signed up for it just to buy RCRanger a bottle....so it’s stonk approved. Plus my Venmo is my real name and I Don’t need screen shots with Bernard Madoff on them.

We should have made this like a decathalon. 2 weeks stocks only, 2 weeks Forex only, 2 weeks options only, 2 weeks crypto only, 2 weeks futures...... and so on. Of course its likely most would be out of funds by the second "rotation"

Ok, I agree that option trading would be good as that is how most of y’all stonk. I found a game creator on investopedia. We can move to that platform if everyone wants. I just used the link someone had posted to create the original game.

Here are the settings for investopedia. If anyone has a suggestion for these settings let me know. When I disabled martin trading it turned off shirt selling...let me know if that would be an issue. We can also extend the start date by a week to get it set and for those setting up cash app to get it working.

Let me know your thoughts.

945de0979209e6cbd8eea81b7dd85ad4.jpg

My vote is "It don't make a shit". We're all playing by the same rules, whatever they may be, so as long as I can put some action on Trans- Atlantic Zeppelin, Amalgamated Spats, Congreve's Inflammable Powders, and U.S. Hay, you won't hear any complaints from me. 

Ok, leaning towards keeping these first games simple and starting with our original platform. Unless I hear more chiming in we will plan to start trading Monday on the howthemarketworks site.

For payouts...we can do first ($300), second ($200), third ($100).

Im up for any options on this even a winner take all or most and second get their money back.

20 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Ok, leaning towards keeping these first games simple and starting with our original platform. Unless I hear more chiming in we will plan to start trading Monday on the howthemarketworks site.

For payouts...we can do first ($300), second ($200), third ($100).

Im up for any options on this even a winner take all or most and second get their money back.

I think with a limited # we should do winner take most and 2nd gets $$ back 

• Hook 'Em 1

We can stick on HowTheMarketWorks for this run. If we run another contest in the future we can switch to a platform that offers options. As for payouts, I'd probably lean towards winner take all, but if we want to give 2nd place their buyin back, I'm OK with that as well.  

OK....lets call it then:

1. Start trading Monday morning at https://www.howthemarketworks.com/register/190891

2. Winner gets $500. Second place get's $100.

3. Anyone else who pays by Sunday at 6pm CST is in the game. 

Final question for those paid and playing...do you want to keep the people who haven't paid in the game? They can play but not be eligible for the cash? Let me know what you prefer and let's have fun and stonk.

How hilarious would it be to not do a trade and end up winning...crazy damn market.

2 hours ago, Tailgate said:

OK....lets call it then:

1. Start trading Monday morning at https://www.howthemarketworks.com/register/190891

2. Winner gets $500. Second place get's $100.

3. Anyone else who pays by Sunday at 6pm CST is in the game. 

Final question for those paid and playing...do you want to keep the people who haven't paid in the game? They can play but not be eligible for the cash? Let me know what you prefer and let's have fun and stonk.

How hilarious would it be to not do a trade and end up winning...crazy damn market.

I'll have paid, by this weekend. Still waiting on Cash App to transfer my monies. Do you take paypal or any other payments? I wanna flush this money down the toilet damnit

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I'll have paid, by this weekend. Still waiting on Cash App to transfer my monies. Do you take paypal or any other payments? I wanna flush this money down the toilet damnit

I’ll count you as good Ranger...Just get the cash app transfer in by next week. Anyone else waiting for cash app just let me know by Sunday and I’ll count you good as well and just settle up next week. You just have to commit to pay next week in this chat by Sunday 6pm CST.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, BradInATX said:

I'm in. Where do I send the money

BradinATX...you still need to sign up for the contest. I have your entry fee...contest is here and starts tomorrow morning. https://www.howthemarketworks.com/register/190891

Anyone else want to play, commit to pay this week by 6pm CST today in this chat and register. 

Good luck to those starting to trade tomorrow morning. We have seven in so $600 first. $100 to second.

Can we just get a final list of who is playing in the money portion of the tourney on Monday or Tuesday?  I don't care if non-paying folks are in on the leaderboard, but want to know where I stand relative to others in the live money. Answer will likely be well at the bottom anyways. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Can we just get a final list of who is playing in the money portion of the tourney on Monday or Tuesday?  I don't care if non-paying folks are in on the leaderboard, but want to know where I stand relative to others in the live money. Answer will likely be well at the bottom anyways. 

Yep....almost looking like everyone in will be paying but will update

34 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

oh and what is the end date again?

9/11 

Ok, we have nine paid. Payouts will be:

First - $600

Second - $200

Third - $100

For those that need a quick refresher: 30-day trading game, no options (for some reason this platform is not letting us...will adjust in future), Canada and it appears crypto trading is good. So is OTCC...so penny stocks FTW.

(Zepol is the only one playing without paying...keep that in mind when following rankings...I’ll post if they pay)

Good bye and good luck.

Edited by Tailgate
  • Hook 'Em 1

Apparently some stocks are too shitty to even trade on HTMW. Looking at you BBRW. Also I don't get this buy process. I have a buy order in with a limit higher than the "ask" price, and nothing. Granted its a shitty penny stock, so perhaps there is some 15 minute delay or some other bullshit. Still my inability to even use the platform has allowed me to surge ahead of some of your losers already bleeding out. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1