Stonklympics 2020

Tailgate

13 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Apparently some stocks are too shitty to even trade on HTMW. Looking at you BBRW. Also I don't get this buy process. I have a buy order in with a limit higher than the "ask" price, and nothing. Granted its a shitty penny stock, so perhaps there is some 15 minute delay or some other bullshit. Still my inability to even use the platform has allowed me to surge ahead of some of your losers already bleeding out. 

Yeah, the platform's quotes appear to be on some delay or something.  Initially it was showing my down like 1200 on my short, but it looks like I am only down a few hundred.  

Off to the races. Yeah...platform isn’t the greatest but was the first recommended....so we can review a few more before we go again. Obviously want some options.

But still going to be fun and I’m already stonking like nuts. Following the corona cures atm.

40 minutes ago, Blotto said:

my issue was that I accidentally had a limit order at .015, when I meant to put .15. Once I realized that, my trade went through. We may need a "special stonkolympics" for traders like me. 

Thankfully a game....read stories about that hapenning in real life....both positive and negative ones.

Next time around, we should give last place their money back. Like a consolation bracket where the guys like me who will inevitably donk off half of our money can engage in a race to the bottom for the last week or so. Might be the most fun part of the whole thing to watch the last minute scramble of the losers to lose as much as possible. 

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

How long does this run, end of august? I'm fixin to get REAL WIERD with some of my picks depending on the timeline

Hey how come someone else has more SNVP than me? That aint right

30-days....ends 9/11. Perfect date to end this....ironic as hell.

Did the perfect stonking today and just watched Stocktwits chat and made my moves from that...god help me.

21 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Are you in it real stonklife? About to get wildin over the next 9 days.

I think I got in at the peak after you mentioned it, $.008 for a sweet 300,000 shares. Watched it drop and thought about doubling up at $.004, but figured that throwing away $240 was plenty. 

Edited by Blotto

29 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I think I got in at the peak after you mentioned it, $.008 for a sweet 300,000 shares. Watched it drop and thought about doubling up at $.004, but figured that throwing away $240 was plenty. 

You still have your 300k? If so keep it at least until 8/19 when the court case decides 

Pretty bummed there isn't any pre or post market dealing, that is where I make most of my real life non OTC moves. Buying isn't a problem, but going to have to figure out how to manage selling better during work. I need to schedule more zoom "meetings" so I can have ToS up on the second screens

Edited by RCRanger03

1 minute ago, RCRanger03 said:

You still have your 300k? If so keep it at least until 8/19 when the court case decides 

Pretty bummed there isn't any pre or post market dealing, that is where I make most of my real life non OTC moves. Buying isn't a problem, but going to have to figure out how to manage selling better during work. I need to schedule more zoom "meetings" so I can have ToS up on the second screens

Oh yeah, still got em. and I guess I'm in at .0008, not .008 as stated earlier. I'm holding on for the run to $0.01!

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

We should have had a rule that required some level of active trading.  That way it can be a contest to see who loses the least. 

I actually liked "doing nothing" as a strategy and considered it strongly. 

"The only winning move is not to play" would be a hilarious outcome to this. 

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

I actually liked "doing nothing" as a strategy and considered it strongly. 

"The only winning move is not to play" would be a hilarious outcome to this. 

Zepol already beat you to it and is currently in third place. 

Trey is doing some serious work in this contest.

Near the close of the market yesterday, I looked at my calendar for Tuesday and thought I should close out all of my positions and sit it out for one day, just in case anything craters. 

I didn't, and everything did. FML.

Stonks!

Edited by TornACL
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Is this thing moving with AH prices or what?  My balance is still moving. 

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, it must be tracking something AH.  I went from like 3 to 7 and back to 4 in the rankings. We might need an advance ruling on a time to cut off the rankings on date of close if things are going to swing AH.  

OTCs rarely move AH (requires a FORM-T), but the larger exchanges do PM and AH

22 hours ago, Tailgate said:

I've done zero research on every company I bought. Throwing darts baby!

I'm buying everything that I get in on stonklympics. Otherwise I'll halfass/ignore them both.

August/September portfolio is going to be looking like I started/or stopped doing drugs

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

I'm buying everything that I get in on stonklympics. Otherwise I'll halfass/ignore them both.

August/September portfolio is going to be looking like I started/or stopped doing drugs

What's funny too...where you put the ticker you want to buy there is an option that says "throw a dart!"

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, looks like a big lift from UPWT.  

This (I think it has a lot of room to go still actually) and MEDH didn't hurt. I took some profit off the top there right before the bell

Things are so much easier to manuever when I'm not tripping all over my giant floppy ALPP

Edited by RCRanger03

8 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

This (I think it has a lot of room to go still actually) and MEDH didn't hurt. I took some profit off the top there right before the bell

Things are so much easier to manuever when I'm not tripping all over my giant floppy ALPP

I have no idea how you find half this shit.  Jade Art Group?  Like wtf.  I just short obvious things and play some of the leveraged etfs. 

24 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I have no idea how you find half this shit.  Jade Art Group?  Like wtf.  I just short obvious things and play some of the leveraged etfs. 

Low float R/M candidates are my jam. More often than not they're scams, but shady business can be profitable

Edited by RCRanger03